Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,045 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Sensible President - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sensible President (396 Views)

A Sensible Look At Blood Sugar Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sensible President by 5minsmadness: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Pls don't get me wrong. Our President is very sensible. In fact he is the most sensible president Nigeria has ever had grin GEJ till Nigeria falls apart! grin

In the light of the recent health catastrophe facing the nation however, one can't help but wonder what our president is thinking , what his thought processes are concerning this imminent disaster. Also does he not have knowledgeable subordinates or advisers? Does he not have someone who can explain the medical implications of what Ebola is doing to the Nigerian citizenry? Does he or do they not care for Nigeria AT ALL?
One would have thought a sensible president would have done the following by now:

1. Quarantine Lagos state: Prevent entry and exit into the state even for a short time e.g the duration of the Ebola virus's life span which is about 9days to curtail the spread of the virus to other states. Quarantine Tue state for two weeks, can't he do that?

2. Purchase emergency Ebola virus test kits for EVERY state in the federation as a matter of priority. Who cannot afford hand sanitizer? Is hand sanitizer our problem that our president is snapping pictures with it so much so even the health minister was smiling as if he was presenting the cure to Ebola? How much is an Ebola test kit that the Nigerian government can't buy and place on in each federal hospital institution so people can he tested if need be?

3. Set up a team of scientists to extract the active ingredients from the plant used to make the ZMAPP cure. I mean its all there on Google, the name of the plant and the procedures that were used. Why can't we organise scientists to create a cure for ourselves? Are we still so mentally enslaved by the white race that we can't think for ourselves? Haba?

4. Buy hamzat suits for ALL the federal hospitals. A hamzat suit is said to cost N15,000 each. Even one of the senators forfieting his salary for just ONE month would suffice to buy a considerable number of hamzat suits. I'm very sure such a senator wouldn't starve because of loss of one month salary
How much more the great government of Nigeria? The doctors working with Ebola victims currently NEED these suits as a matter of life and death. Why not give it to them. How can you buy one thousand hamzat suits and send only 20 or so to Lagos?? Lagos where the epidemic is the most? Shuo?

I daresay the rest like hand sanitizers and health talks and awareness programs can easily be done by others but the above points I honestly don't believe to be outrageous.

My dear president I voted for you o! Pls don't let me regret my vote. I want to believe maybe none of your advisors have advised you this way. Pls the Ebola scourge is not a joke. The virus can easily enter Aso rock via a single handshake. Please I humbly plead you look into these points and do something urgently.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Experimental Ebola Drug Cures Monkey / Juiced Soursop 700naira Per Bottle / Medical Representative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.