Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,512 members, 7,954,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:52 PM

My Thought... - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Thought... (778 Views)

Food For Thought - Did You Know. . . . . . . Let's Have Some Fun With Some FACTS / My Thought On Nigeria's Independence / Bet Naija Cypher: What Impressions Did Our Rappers Leave: My Thought: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Thought... by adebayo201: 9:46pm On Aug 16, 2014
MY TAKE ON THE REVERSAL OF SOME TERTIARY SCHOOL FEES
Before you quote or critisize me, I want you to note these...
1. I'm a bona fide student of the prestigious university OAU. And I'm proud of that. grin
2. I'm not a freak when it comes to politics. I dont hate politics but i hate the promiscuity of Nigeria politics and politicians. undecided

Now to the issue... I've been thinking about this for quite some days... And my thoughts are...

1. WHY...?
Why should some governors know that this is the time to reduce/reverse the school fees of the tertiary institutions of the state they are governing? Is it not one of their tricks for the forthcoming election? Are they seeing this as one of the means of clearing their "debts"? These questions rock my hearts like a boat and it is begging for answers. What i know for sure is that whether we like it or not, we the masses are the decider of anything happening in this nation.

2. WHERE...?
Where do they spend the removed increment before now? Is it to the concern tertiary institutions or somewhere else? The state or "dictate"? Where? We need to know. No governor should say they spend it to the health sector because of the break in ebola virus or any. Aside the Lagos state government which can boast of helping some people when the NMA refuses to call off the on-going strike,i dont think of anything else. I am not vindicating the Lagos state government in this issue but we all must know where they spend the increment to?

3. HOW...?
If i can recall very well, some federal tertiary institutions school fees were also increased on the note that they the tertiary schools should find a means of funding themselves and we the students of those institutions like oau,unilag,unijos,among others were and are affected. But how come that these affected federal institutions school fees cant be reversed? Is it that the federal government are not aware of these tbings? I know countless promises the special adviser to the president on education promised oau students but all ended in two months strike. cry

4. WHO...?
For all we do hear,that politics in this country is for continuity which is a lie from the pit of hell. Who knows if the coming governors wont increase the school fees again? Who knows if the reversal is just a trick? Who knows if we students and our parents wont suffer set backs of increment on another sectors?

5. WHEN...?
For over a decade that i've know the different between federal and state governments,i do ask myself,when are we going to experience total change to these menace,mishaps,and misconduct happening in this country? When are they going to know that we're human beings not human beens? When are we going to experience total victory? Do we have to wait till 2015 or 2020??

We need a true,trustworthy and truthful leaders not opportunist. angry

I stand to be corrected... United we stand, divided we fall.

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Mtn Data For All Androids And Modems. 1gb=n1000 & 500mb=n600 / Space Bookers Association Of Nairaland.. / BURSTED!! Fulani Herdsmen Robbing On Lagos-ibadan Expressway Caught (seephoto)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.