Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] (1689 Views)

Learning Python, Using Python At Work/college: Must-try Best Python Quizzes / Programmer 'outsources' His Own Job To China To Laze Around At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by elvis10ten(m): 7:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
1.Constantly hanging computers

swapping the normal cursor icon for the “busy” one so that the victim’s computer always appears to be hung. The victim will notice a cursor that appears to be like the one when your system is slow or hung.

2.Musical computers

Cut up a song into individual instrumental/vocal parts, and assign each part to a single computer on the server floor so that each of them plays individually on separate computers. In this way every broken vocal will play from a separate computer to complete the song.

3.AutoHotkey

This scripting language for desktop automation can induce screen flickers, random beeps, play specific YouTube videos etc on a computer that it's installed on. Simply get it installed on your victim's computer and make random stuff pop out.

4.The Task Scheduler

The handy wizard function on the task schedular can make Web pages pop open and programs to run seemingly at random.

5.Fake BSOD

Blue Screen of Death is an error screen displayed after a fatal system error. And yes, you can fake it!

6.Fake Format

Fake Format mirrors the Windows "Format" functionality. Once the program is started, no matter which buttons are chosen, the program simulates formatting the specified drive. The user is unable to stop, interrupt, or cancel this format. Once the fake formatting is complete, the standard Windows format summary appears. Upon closing this summary screen the program can be exited.

7.Desktop Screenshots

Take a screenshot of the victim’s desktop, set it as their background, then hide the desktop icons and taskbar.

8.Input pranks

This includes plugging a wireless mouse into someone’s computer and moving their cursor around and switching the victim's keyboard layout to Dvora to name a few.

9.Activating high-contrast mode

Shift+Alt+Print screen will activate a high-contrast mode on a computer and will particularly frustrate those who are used to low contrast.

10.Flip the screen orientation

Ctrl+Alt+arrow keys will flip the victim's screen orientation in the direction that you want with the type of arrow you press.

http://efytimes.com/e1/fullnews.asp?edid=140363

4 Likes

Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Shouldn't dis post b titled 10 Ways to get yourself Fired? grin
Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by elvis10ten(m): 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tazmode: Shouldn't dis post b titled 10 Ways to get yourself Fired? grin
lol. done
Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by zicjoe(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
Lol. I luv DA desktop screenshot prank

3 Likes

Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
All the boys in my office are in for a shoecker tomorow.
I shall write a crazy app and start it from registry hklm/microsoft/windows/current_version/run to fake taking the system to tell you your hard-disk is corrupt and needs to be formated - it will ask you for confirmation (yes or no), naturally a victim will press no, then it willl now tell you to your shock that formating will automatically start in 5 seconds, and a fake blue-screen will show at the end of the 5 seconds (making you believe your computer don pafuka).

1 Like

Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
Ayam here grin cheesy
Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by Djtm(m): 10:30pm On Aug 18, 2014
elvis10ten:
6.Fake Format

Fake Format mirrors the Windows "Format" functionality. Once the program is started, no matter which buttons are chosen, the program simulates formatting the specified drive. The user is unable to stop, interrupt, or cancel this format. Once the fake formatting is complete, the standard Windows format summary appears. Upon closing this summary screen the program can be exited.

lol. mehn! Someone can die of heart attack with this you know?

1 Like

Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by Nmeri17: 4:51am On Aug 19, 2014
haahaaha that screenshot own really got me cracking up grin grin grin the victim will hopelessly be clicking the mouse. ME that can't control my laughter, I won't even be able to pretend I know nothing about it. I'll just crack the fuck_ up. even the task scheduler and fake bsod.

how about creating a program that after installation and the "finish" button is clicked, instead of closing the installation wizard, it runs the search term startup.exe opens file location and deletes it then prompts the user to reboot the system for changes to take effect which when clicked on will of course will not come on angry cheesy
Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by Djtm(m): 7:45am On Aug 19, 2014
I do the desktop screenshot thing sometimes, on my own pc.
Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by internetpo(m): 12:30am On Aug 21, 2014
I will really get fired soon. lol

1 Like

Re: 10 Computer Pranks You Should Try At Work [Ways to get fired] by Raypawer(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2014
the desktop screenshots is something that is legal in our company, almost everyone does it.

we use snipping tool to capture..

(1) (Reply)

75 Media Player - Lets Make It Happen / Where Can I Buy Android Studio In Abuja / Should I Quit My Job To Go Into Programming Full-time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.