Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,104 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 (1996 Views)

Why Does My Surface 3 Tablet Always Shake Or Freeze? / Surface Pro 3 In Pictures (www.yitre.com) / Removing Desktop.in Permanently In Windows 8 And 8.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
what types of program does windows surface pro 8.1 run because am kinda pissed off regarding how much it cost me..pls gurus help,,i do get error mesage like this app cant run on your pc while trying to install
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
jairusben: what types of program does windows surface pro 8.1 run because am kinda pissed off regarding how much it cost me..pls gurus help,,i do get error mesage like this app cant run on your pc while trying to install

....It should run every programme with Windows 8.1 I also have a 2 in 1 hybrid......I can tell you right now I have not had any issues with my Asus T300LA. What are you having difficulty with? You shouldn't be having difficulty at all.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by ayukdaboss(m): 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
A screenshot will be really helpful
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
ayukdaboss: A screenshot will be really helpful
the first pic is when i inserted my etisalat modem while the second is when i try opening it..that is the error msg i get

Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2014
jairusben: the first pic is when i inserted my etisalat modem while the second is when i try opening it..that is the error msg i get

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode as an admin? Also do you have the latest drivers installed for it? I'm currently using my phone as a modem for my computer, but it's running native Android.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 10:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Fulaman198:

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode as an admin? Also do you have the latest drivers installed for it? I'm currently using my phone as a modem for my computer, but it's running native Android.
how do i install d drivers...sorry for too much question
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
jairusben: how do i install d drivers...sorry for too much question

ROFLLL You don't have to apologise my friend, you are here to ask questions in order to learn new things. I ask a lot of questions myself if I don't know how something works. It's ALWAYS a good thing to ask questions.

I'm going to go ahead and create some screenshots give me one moment
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ok first and foremost you want to go ahead and position your mouse or your finger to the far right hand side of the screen to bring out the right tray and then click on search, you should get something like the picture below.

Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2014
Next you want to type in 'Device Manager' and hit enter it should bring up a picture like this:

Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
Fulaman198: Ok first and foremost you want to go ahead and position your mouse or your finger to the far right hand side of the screen to bring out the right tray and then click on search, you should get something like the picture below.

done dat,,prety easy just swiped left to right it poped out,,it screen touch

1 Like

Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
From the list of the above devices, what you want to go ahead and do is click on the proper device, a drop down menu will appear and then right click on the device that you are attempting to update its driver for. Right click on the device, click on properties then click on update driver. In some cases, you can even get the latest driver of the device from the manufacturer's webpage.

Another thing you could do alternatively is run the device in compatibility mode. Right click on the icon then select on 'run in compatibility mode' typically speaking it allows you to run the programme as if you are running it on a Windows XP/Vista/7 device.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 10:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
jairusben: done dat,,prety easy just swiped left to right it poped out,,it screen touch

Yep exactly I don't know why I don't use the touchscreen much on mine, I just like to use traditional mouse
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 10:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Fulaman198:

Yep exactly I don't know why I don't use the touchscreen much on mine, I just like to use traditional mouse
dont really know which to upgrade,,is it the universal bus controllers
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2014
jairusben: dont really know which to upgrade,,is it the universal bus controllers

Do you see your device under the Network Adapter category? Or is it under a different category. It is "drivers" that you want to update, not Universal Bus Controllers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsg2bs15NMI

You want to make sure you choose "search automatically when updating your driver"

The guy in the video is American, try not to strain your ears too much grin
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2014
Cool bro imma do dat tomorow,,not conected nw
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
jairusben: Cool bro imma do dat tomorow,,not conected nw

Please feel free to message me if you are having any further problems and don't be discouraged if I don't respond in time, I have a pretty busy work schedule and plus I am preparing for CCNP and CCIE certifications so I don't have much free time anymore.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
Fulaman198:

Please feel free to message me if you are having any further problems and don't be discouraged if I don't respond in time, I have a pretty busy work schedule and plus I am preparing for CCNP and CCIE certifications so I don't have much free time anymore.
u rock bro,,.realy impresed,,thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 11:14pm On Aug 17, 2014
jairusben: u rock bro,,.realy impresed,,thanks alot

Not a problem
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 10:21am On Aug 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

Not a problem
done it but it says up to date,,,does games work on surface
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
jairusben: done it but it says up to date,,,does games work on surface

You can play some games on the integrated Intel HD4000. League of legends, FIFA 2014, WoW, etc are all playable but not on the highest settings (FIFA can be played on the highest settings though).
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Frankpiska(m): 6:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
Please I need help,after installing windows 8 on my accer Travelmate3010 I can't use my Bluetooth again(internal bluetooth).....please I need help.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 7:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
Frankpiska: Please I need help,after installing windows 8 on my accer Travelmate3010 I can't use my Bluetooth again(internal bluetooth).....please I need help.

You need to install the drivers for your bluetooth by searching for them.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Frankpiska(m): 6:27am On Aug 19, 2014
Fulaman198:

You need to install the drivers for your bluetooth by searching for them.
But is there any specific bluetooth driver for travelmates or is it generally for windows 8.....infact help me with the guidelines on how to do it. Thanks @Fulaman198
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Lordaweezy: 10:27am On Aug 20, 2014
I want to update my windows8 pc to windows 8.1 and whenever am trying to do it; it will tell me to upgrade all my drivers first
is this normal

what is the size of windows 8.1 update is it more than 3gb
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
@fulaman, i went online abt dat issue and noticed sumtin,,window surface was built only to run programs from window store in essence you cant install programs from else wer,,i didnt know abt that earlier,,but while surfing the net i saw a procedure on how to jailbreak it,,do you think its advisable
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Bawss1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
Is your Surface running Win 8 RT (Surface RT)? If so you can only install programs from the Windows store, that's a huge bummer. I wouldn't advise anyone to buy an RT device.

Jailbreaking may be possible but know that it comes with certain risks.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
jairusben: @fulaman, i went online abt dat issue and noticed sumtin,,window surface was built only to run programs from window store in essence you cant install programs from else wer,,i didnt know abt that earlier,,but while surfing the net i saw a procedure on how to jailbreak it,,do you think its advisable

That's the Surface, Not the Surface Pro line. The Surface Pro line runs full Windows, the Surface line (non-Pro) runs a version of Windows called RT which does not run executable or legacy applications. So if you have a regular surface and not the surface pro then that's a much different situation.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
Bawss1: Is your Surface running Win 8 RT (Surface RT)? If so you can only install programs from the Windows store, that's a huge bummer. I wouldn't advise anyone to buy an RT device.

Jailbreaking may be possible but know that it comes with certain risks.

Yah apparently he has the Surface and not the Surface Pro. There's a huge difference between the 2 from a hardware and software perspective.

The Surface operates on Windows RT and does not run Legacy apps (executables). It also makes use of a crappy ARM Tegra 3 processor. Whereas

The Surface Pro operates on full Windows 8/8.1 and does indeed run legacy applications alongside touch-friendly applications. It makes use of a much more powerful core i5 processor. So essence, it's a PC in tablet form.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
Fulaman198:

That's the Surface, Not the Surface Pro line. The Surface Pro line runs full Windows, the Surface line (non-Pro) runs a version of Windows called RT which does not run executable or legacy applications. So if you have a regular surface and not the surface pro then that's a much different situation.
like dude without a wifi conection i cant surf the net
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
jairusben: like dude without a wifi conection i cant surf the net

Yeah that's typical of tablets unless they have a built-in slot for an LTE/HSPA Sim card.
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by Fulaman198(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
Jairusben, what kind of phone do you have maybe I can help you get the connection you are looking for. Also what kind of data plan do you have?
Re: Challenge I Face On My Surface Pro Running Windows 8.1 by jairusben(m): 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
Fulaman198: Jairusben, what kind of phone do you have maybe I can help you get the connection you are looking for. Also what kind of data plan do you have?
android with hotspot,,and doz app on der store are just too big to download,,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Neatly Used Mtn Hynetflex Router With Usb Cable For Power Bank Charging.. / Neat UK Used Dell Latitude 7490 - 8GB RAM, Core i7, 8th Gen, Affordable / Like New UK Used Lenovo Thinkpad T480s - 8GB RAM, 8th Gen Core I5, 9hrs *sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.