Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria (2739 Views)

Solar Energy Installations In Nigeria - Welcome To 24 Hours Electricity / Solar Energy Installations And Maintenance / Solar Energy - All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by Barcholder: 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2014
We are starting to see the rapid take up of Solar Power in Nigeria, as more and more people finally are seeing that petrol and diesels generators are a very poor solution to Nigeria's power problem. As well as the massive amounts of noise and environmental pollution, they are also extremely expensive to run.

Solar Energy by contrast is cheap, noiseless, and gives you 24 hours light without the need for changing over with PHCN. They are synchronised, so the need for constant changeover is no longer required.

Solynta Energy now has several installations done around the country, from Lagos to Abuja, used to power Schools, Homes, Filling Stations and Hospital Clinics, as well as Solar Street Lights. Some pictures from some of our recent jobs are posted below.

Now, in order to celebrate the launch of our new financing package for buyers of our Solar Power Systems, Solynta Energy is giving away a free 2KW complete Solar Power System, sufficient to power a typical 3 bedroom flat 24 hours a day, for 25 years. For a chance to win the free Solar Power System, please visit our website at www.solyntadotcomdotng, and complete the short enquiry form, and one of our staff will get back to you for more information.

We now offer the following financing package to buyers of our solar power systems:

20% deposit, followed by 12 monthly payments for the balance
30% deposit, followed by 24 monthly payments for the balance

This allows homes and businesses to go Solar immediately, and start making huge savings in their diesel and petrol costs. The offer has been brilliantly received by the public so far.

Regards

Uvie Ugono
Founder & CEO
Solynta Energy
Email: www.solynta.com.ng

Re: Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by Tundeiab(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
I tried contacting a solar company close to me but the price they gave to me scared me away. I don't think we have gotten there yet in African in respect to the amount. It's unaffordable to an average Nigerian.
Re: Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by Barcholder: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2014
Tundeiab: I tried contacting a solar company close to me but the price they gave to me scared me away. I don't think we have gotten there yet in African in respect to the amount. It's unaffordable to an average Nigerian.

I can assure you that this is not the case with the Solar Systems that we sell. With our consumer finance package that we offer, the monthly payments the client has to make is very often similar to what they currently spend monthly on petrol for their generators.

Another key thing to be aware of is that, true to typical Nigerian form, you were recommended a massive Solar System, no doubt far larger than you actually require, so they can make abnormal profits from you. I of course don't know how much you were charged by the company, but as a general rule of thumb, our residential Solar Power Systems are typically priced at between 2 and 2.5 years worth of the amount a home currently spends on running and maintaining their generator.

In other words, whatever you currently spend monthly on diesel or petrol, plus the maintenance cost each year, multiply that by 2 - 2.5 times, and that's about what one of our systems is likely to cost you FOR THE SAME NUMBER OF HOURS A DAY YOU CURRENTLY RUN YOUR GENERATOR FOR.

As a guide for you, our prices are as follows:

1KW System (sufficient to power the lighting, fans, TV, gadgets of a 3 bedroom flat) for 24 hours a day - N700k fully installed
2KW System (Sufficient to power all appliances of a 3 bedroom flat, excluding Air Conditioning for 24 hours a day - N1.4m

I always advise my customers to start off with a smaller system if affordability is an issue, because one of the great things about Solar Energy is that it's full scalable, which means you can always add in additional panels and batteries at a later date, as and when you need them.

Typically speaking, given the average number of hours a typical average family runs their generator for each day, a 1KW system is big enough to replace their fuel spend 100%, so it's definitely worth the investment.

Also, as I mentioned in my earlier post, Solynta Energy is now offering free credit to it's buyers, so now you can go Solar for much less than before. If you were to buy a 1kW system for instance, you'd only have to put down a deposit of N140,000 in order to get the system installed and functioning at your house. You'd then have to pay N46,666 per month for 12 months, to fully pay off the outstanding amount. Alternatively, you could put down a deposit of N210,000, and then make 24 monthly payments of N20,416 to pay off the outstanding amount.

Another couple of points to note are that we always provide our clients with a larger sized inverter and Solar Charge Controller, so they are able to scale up their system at a later date if they wish to do so.

Regards
Re: Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by Tundeiab(m): 6:37am On Aug 18, 2014
Barcholder:

I can assure you that this is not the case with the Solar Systems that we sell. With our consumer finance package that we offer, the monthly payments the client has to make is very often similar to what they currently spend monthly on petrol for their generators.

Another key thing to be aware of is that, true to typical Nigerian form, you were recommended a massive Solar System, no doubt far larger than you actually require, so they can make abnormal profits from you. I of course don't know how much you were charged by the company, but as a general rule of thumb, our residential Solar Power Systems are typically priced at between 2 and 2.5 years worth of the amount a home currently spends on running and maintaining their generator.

In other words, whatever you currently spend monthly on diesel or petrol, plus the maintenance cost each year, multiply that by 2 - 2.5 times, and that's about what one of our systems is likely to cost you FOR THE SAME NUMBER OF HOURS A DAY YOU CURRENTLY RUN YOUR GENERATOR FOR.

As a guide for you, our prices are as follows:

1KW System (sufficient to power the lighting, fans, TV, gadgets of a 3 bedroom flat) for 24 hours a day - N700k fully installed
2KW System (Sufficient to power all appliances of a 3 bedroom flat, excluding Air Conditioning for 24 hours a day - N1.4m

I always advise my customers to start off with a smaller system if affordability is an issue, because one of the great things about Solar Energy is that it's full scalable, which means you can always add in additional panels and batteries at a later date, as and when you need them.

Typically speaking, given the average number of hours a typical average family runs their generator for each day, a 1KW system is big enough to replace their fuel spend 100%, so it's definitely worth the investment.

Also, as I mentioned in my earlier post, Solynta Energy is now offering free credit to it's buyers, so now you can go Solar for much less than before. If you were to buy a 1kW system for instance, you'd only have to put down a deposit of N140,000 in order to get the system installed and functioning at your house. You'd then have to pay N46,666 per month for 12 months, to fully pay off the outstanding amount. Alternatively, you could put down a deposit of N210,000, and then make 24 monthly payments of N20,416 to pay off the outstanding amount.

Another couple of points to note are that we always provide our clients with a larger sized inverter and Solar Charge Controller, so they are able to scale up their system at a later date if they wish to do so.

Regards
I really appreciate you taking out time to explain to me in details. The life span for the 1kW is how many years.
Re: Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by imagrg(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
Does the payment system apply to workers in Benin City?
Re: Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by Barcholder: 10:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
imagrg: Does the payment system apply to workers in Benin City?

Yes it does, it applies nationwide. We carry out the same risk assessments on all customers, irrespective of their location in Nigeria.

Regards

Uvie
Re: Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by petikal(m): 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2014
@Barcholder
Looking at the picture you posted, I'm a bit concerned on the location and placement of those panels. These things store heat from our abundant sunlight, and the reflection from them could be dangerous. So, what does your risk assessment entail?
Re: Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 11:27am On Nov 14, 2014
petikal:
@Barcholder
Looking at the picture you posted, I'm a bit concerned on the location and placement of those panels. These things store heat from our abundant sunlight, and the reflection from them could be dangerous. So, what does your risk assessment entail?
They don't store heat, heat is reflected just like light, those cells convert Sunlight to Electric Energy cos of the photo electric cells inside them
Re: Solar Energy For Homes And Businesses Is Really Taking Off In Nigeria by Solozzo(m): 12:10am On Nov 18, 2014
I am resident in Benin city. I'm interested in your product.

My contact email is solomon.agbahowe@gmail.com

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Free 1GB And 400MB Data On MTN Using Gidimo App / 10 Shocking Photos That Proves Time Travel Exist / My Recommended Android Games & Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.