Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Why I Joined Stoke City –moses - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Joined Stoke City –moses (648 Views)

Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Man Stopped From Slapping Keshi For Substituting Moses For Yobo / Moses Begged Mikel Before Taking The Penalty Against Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Joined Stoke City –moses by Kennyslimsteve(m): 9:01am On Aug 19, 2014
Stoke City’s latest signing, Victor Moses, says he’s hoping to make the fans proud during his season-long loan from Chelsea .
The Nigeria international, who agreed the move from Stamford Bridge on Saturday, also revealed he turned down a number of opportunities to play for Mark Hughes’ Potters for the 2014/15 campaign.
The pacey forward, equally adept up front and out on the wing, could now be in line to feature in Stoke’s game away at Hull City on Sunday.
“I’m very delighted to be here,” he toldStoke City Player.
“I spoke to the manager before I came and it looks as though the Club is moving in the right direction.
“I had a few options to go to other clubs but when I heard about Stoke I knew that they had a good manager and I thought it would be good to come here and work under him.
“He’s a great manager, and was a great footballer too, and for me to play under him will be a great achievement.
“I just want to give 110% to the club and hopefully we will achieve what the club are looking to do this season.”
Moses arrives at the Britannia Stadium following a summer playing alongside Peter Odemwingie for Nigeria at the World Cup.
Participating for their country in Brazil has meant an extended break for both players, but Moses hopes he can hit the ground running to feature as much as possible after a loan-spell with Liverpool last year proved to be a disappointing time.
“I didn’t play as many games as I would have liked to at Liverpool last season but that’s football and I’ve got to put that aside,” he added.
“The most important thing now is that I’m at Stoke and I’m here to help the club achieve what we’re looking for this season.
“I want to enjoy my football when I’m out there, to score goals and create chances.
“As long as I’m enjoying my football then that is the most important thing.
“I’m here to do a job for the club and I’m very pleased to be here.

1 Like

Re: Why I Joined Stoke City –moses by sohl7(m): 9:03am On Aug 19, 2014
Wish u all d best

1 Like

Re: Why I Joined Stoke City –moses by Omolecturer(m): 9:09am On Aug 19, 2014
Wish you best of luck.
Re: Why I Joined Stoke City –moses by lexyman(m): 10:17am On Aug 19, 2014
Best of luck , and u re smart enough this time around not to set a goa target for yourself ...it's a wise decision , but stoke seems to play more of negative football .
Re: Why I Joined Stoke City –moses by M4gunners: 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
All the best bro.I know you will definitely shine this season and fight ur way back in S E.

(1) (Reply)

Debate: Should Chicharito Displace Benzema As Madrid's Main Striker? / Liverpool's Coach Bredren Rodgers Should Stop Acting As A Mid Level Coach / Ronaldo - I'm Coming Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.