Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,336 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas (1613 Views)

What Lucrative Business Can A Student Start With #50,000 / Popcorn Busines;i.t Student Help Help And Advice / Any Biz Ideas For Someone With 24-7 Internet Connection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
Hello all.
I'm a student of ATBU. I stay off campus.
I want to get on my feet and stop asking my parents for money and I know the best way to do that is to begin a business.

The ones I have in mind are

A viewing centre

A barbing saloon

A business centre

Or

A small kiosk where I would sell phone and laptop gadgets.

Which do you think is best for me. And please kindly estimate how much you think any would cost.
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by bastien: 6:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
D last one

3 Likes

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
bastien: D last one
but please are you speaking from experience?
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by hammendable: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
What does the business centre option entails?
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
hammendable: What does the business centre option entails?
typing, printing, photocopying etc
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by hammendable: 7:00pm On Aug 19, 2014
To me I would advice you go for that, & maybe in the long run bring in the phone retail thing in.. For a starter cuz their is a lot of competition in the phone business thing, & in business ppl would always go to who as been in the business for long

1 Like

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by mayorall(m): 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2014
look upto vision my friend. The choice is yours , look upto a long time business. look beyond your environment. A business you can continue after school.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by kelvin1191(m): 7:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
I will advise u go 4 a viewing center. Most matches are played in d evening with a few in d afternoon. This will give u the flexibility to run the buiz and study also. Infact, if a match is to be played when u av lecture, u can easily ask a friend to help u show d match. It wont be easy managing the buiz center or d phone/laptop accessories shop. U require only 2-3 new/fairly used Tv, 1 or 2 satellite, fan, chairs, space/shop, ur subscription and u are in buisness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Ali01: 8:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
MuhdG: Hello all.
I'm a student of ATBU. I stay off campus.
I want to get on my feet and stop asking my parents for money and I know the best way to do that is to begin a business.

The ones I have in mind are

A viewing centre

A barbing saloon

A business centre

Or

A small kiosk where I would sell phone and laptop gadgets.

Which do you think is best for me. And please kindly estimate how much you think any would cost.
My Guy My Best Advice U Should Look For A Little Big Kiosk, Start U.K Used Phones/laptops, And Business Centre, But As A Man Be Ready To Work Harder... U Will Make It By D Grace Of GOD, Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
My guy go and play nairabet and double up
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by udemzyudex(m): 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
i'll advice you go for phone and laptop biz but first you should have an experience of how to repair phone and laptop... 3/6months training will do that.

you can also open the kiosk too,just choose between the two.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
kelvin1191: I will advise u go 4 a viewing center. Most matches are played in d evening with a few in d afternoon. This will give u the flexibility to run the buiz and study also. Infact, if a match is to be played when u av lecture, u can easily ask a friend to help u show d match. It wont be easy managing the buiz center or d phone/laptop accessories shop. U require only 2-3 new/fairly used Tv, 1 or 2 satellite, fan, chairs, space/shop, ur subscription and u are in buisness.
thanks so much. I'm already considering it
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by bastien: 9:48pm On Aug 19, 2014
MuhdG: but please are you speaking from experience?
hahaha nope
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by ogunnubio(m): 4:10am On Aug 20, 2014
I av a biz centre in OAU. It's very profitable than any of dse mentioned above. But d only chalenge is dt u av to employ at least 2 pple to manage d biz. One persn is ok if d demand is nt on d high side. Dnt wory abt salary payment cos u wil make ur profit provided u can pay monitor d biz at a close range. U can neva loose. Also, add data analysis, syst solns lyk virus removal, os installatns, etc to it. U can contact me on 07039359066 if u wnt me to b ur consultant.
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 20, 2014
ogunnubio: I av a biz centre in OAU. It's very profitable than any of dse mentioned above. But d only chalenge is dt u av to employ at least 2 pple to manage d biz. One persn is ok if d demand is nt on d high side. Dnt wory abt salary payment cos u wil make ur profit provided u can pay monitor d biz at a close range. U can neva loose. Also, add data analysis, syst solns lyk virus removal, os installatns, etc to it. U can contact me on 07039359066 if u wnt me to b ur consultant.
thank you
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by newacca: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2014
The last option. You may start as low as 50k even without a kiosk. smiley
All the best bro.
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by kelvin1191(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2014
MuhdG: thanks so much. I'm already considering it

Make ur view center to stand out from the rest as this will give u an edge against ur competitors. Use LED/LCD television sets, HD PROJECTOR. With 30k-50k u can get fairly used/ brand new of these gadgets depending on specification. Quote me for more advice and i will do just that as soon as i can.
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
kelvin1191:

Make ur view center to stand out from the rest as this will give u an edge against ur competitors. Use LED/LCD television sets, HD PROJECTOR. With 30k-50k u can get fairly used/ brand new of these gadgets depending on specification. Quote me for more advice and i will do just that as soon as i can.
I hope its not too much to ask, but can u send me your email
Here's mine btw. muhdahmad35@yahoo.com
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Wizeboy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Try to do feasibility study of each of the business you listed above before venturing into any one, business normally looks simple and easy without feasibility study, but the survey will enable you to really understand the merits and demerits of each one of them, in which you will be able to choose the one that has most comparative advantage.

I can see that you have opted for viewing centre, but have you consider the space you will always use for the business. What I have always seen in viewing centre business is that, 90% of those in the business are always either Landlord/Landlady son or relations. So, before you start buying any equipment for the business, make sure you have fully secure a well conducive space and know how much the rentage of the space will be in a month or year, which you should calculate with your cost and also if the space will require any form of construction like wood and roof.

Do your feasibility report very well before concluding on any business.

I wish you success in your endeavour.

2 Likes

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by kelvin1191(m): 4:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
MuhdG: I hope its not too much to ask, but can u send me your email
Here's mine btw. muhdahmad35@yahoo.com

I will mail u soon

1 Like

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by jta2012(m): 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hi,try viewing center as it is a business that wl not put 2much pressure on u
as a student.

thanks
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by NotNairalandi(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
mayorall: look upto vision my friend. The choice is yours , look upto a long time business. look beyond your environment. A business you can continue after school.
you have said alll......
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by ogunnubio(m): 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
my dear friend, a viewin centre has its seasn nd times bt a biz centre wil alwz run evryday nd u can start in ur rum wt little capital. if u stil nid my asistance, my contact is above. Al d best bro.
Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by kelvin1191(m): 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
ogunnubio: my dear friend, a viewin centre has its seasn nd times bt a biz centre wil alwz run evryday nd u can start in ur rum wt little capital. if u stil nid my asistance, my contact is above. Al d best bro.

Yes i agree with u but dont u think buiz centre also av its season? Ask those operating near school how e dey be during break or strike. Every buiz av its season.

@Op,If u ar low on capital, u should think of importing tablets, laptops, phone, power bank from China, Amazon, ebay etc and start d buiz 4rm ur lodge. Just paste posters of d items u av 4 sale round the school with ur number. With less than 10k u are in 4 buiz. Pls check ur mail.

1 Like

Re: I'm A Student, Help Me Pick Among These Biz Ideas by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
You guys are really trying to give this guy damn good advice. I love nairalanders.
To add my beat, pick a business that won't swallow your study time.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Logo/banner Design For Free / The Jobberman Story - How To Make Money From Recruiting In Africa / How To Startup An Online Store And Grow It Big

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.