Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

M.I: Chairmen Don't Quit - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I: Chairmen Don't Quit (706 Views)

M.I Releases Photo Of Man Threatening To Kill Him Over A Girl. / “chairmen Don’t Quit” – An Open Letter To M.I Abaga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.I: Chairmen Don't Quit by ochon: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2014

“This was the last straw. If you don’t hear any MI music you know who to blame… No regrets. Except for the fans… I’m sorry. It’s over… I’m finally done with this.”

Only God knows whatever happened that made the one and only Mr Incredible put up such a funny but yet so disturbing post on social media via the popular photo-sharing app, Instagram. You know the truth is I actually had a mighty good laugh reading it. Here’s the thing guys, M.I was kidding. I mean, he must have been kidding. He just had to be kidding… like he really thought we were going to take him seriously on such a costly joke? This is 2014 du-uh! If we reacted based on impulse to everything that crept into the media space and took us by shock every other Monday morning, we’d have all died of a heart attack by now.

I’ve gone over that note, touching as it is and I been thinking, what must have happened? How is it over? What exactly is he done with? Does a simple sorry cut it? And really, no regrets? It’s amazing the kind of things that our human impulses make us do and when these deeds are done, there’s nothing to take back… sadly. The upside would be salvaging whatever’s left of it but the issue is how many actually see the upside? M.I’s note clearly mirrors his feeling of defeat. It tells us that he’s rested on his oars and not only given in to the pressures of settling for less, he’s even thrown in the freaking towel!

No doubt, small (or big) as our industry may seem, the competition is pretty stiff out there. Music acts are jostling to maintain relevance. While the likes of 2face and Sound Sultan can boast a track record of six studio albums, there’s Wande Coal who has managed one album the last 5/6 years, Seyi Shay and Yemi Alade whose debut we’ve been anticipating in earnest and then MI and Wizkid who we’re tired and done waiting for their next album release. Regardless, nobody has caved because life hurled a few lemons at them.

No sane thinking man with a vision and a purpose, chooses to toss years of hardwork vested on a thriving career, in the garbage can. Which is why I’ve chosen to not call M.I out on publicity stunt alleges just like everyone else is doing. Instead, I think his impulses should take blame especially with the series of event that followed after his not carefully thought through slip-up. I’m sure he’s aware how much he’s looked up to by upcomers in the industry moreso, the position he occupies in the
modern revolution of rap/hip-hop in Nigeria. There’s too much at stake for Mr Incredible to close up shop and head home early on a market day. Perhaps he’s nursed the thought a while now and finally thinks he can but we’re here to remind him that he can’t ‘cos we won’t let him.

At this point, I’m reminded of his cut on DJ Jimmy Jatt’s I Am Legend. Sometimes, these superstars need be reminded of where their strength lies and how to keep firing on (one of the may perks of having us as fans). So whatever the turf, he should find solace in those exact words he spat on the track’s fine bars ‘cos by and by, que sera sera!

By Jim Donnett
@jimancipation

http://tooxclusive.com/editorial/m-quitters-never-win/

2 Likes

Re: M.I: Chairmen Don't Quit by ochon: 10:12am On Aug 20, 2014
Words on the marble...

This is a brilliant article. It's high time M.I is reminded that loyal fans of his like us are tired of his carefree attitude towards churning good and insightful rap musics. We're tired of listening to Ice Prince's watery rap lines that people confuse for dópe lines.

Nigerian Hip Hop is truly dead when the likes of M.I is refusing to produce creative rap musics like 6foot 7foot (the one in his mixtape), Safe etc., that have massaged the souls of rap music lovers for many years. The Chairman song he put out was a massive flop. What happened to M.I? This brudda use to wow us with beautiful raps musics. When he's serious about making music, he used to make babies whenever he's handling the mic. His raps felt like he's making love to rap music. His raps were cool and deep. He could touch the heart of any music lover with his sleek rhymes. But the M.I I'm seeing now is crappy. Giving up easily (not a trait of a chairman at all). Dwelling on past glories. He's tasted the money like P-Square and now he's relaxing on his past laurels. Too bad!! Good rappers like Phenom and Vector ain't shinning or appreciated because Nigerian music lovers prefer mediocrity.

Please M.I come back, I'm tired of feeding my ears to monumental craps like Ice Prince's Whisky!!

2 Likes

Re: M.I: Chairmen Don't Quit by Anacksunamun: 10:37am On Aug 20, 2014
I guess M.I threw in the towel when couldn't cope with the competitive nature of the Nigerian music industry. He's lost his magic touch on musics, now we're bearing the pains of listening to his songs like Chairman.
Re: M.I: Chairmen Don't Quit by hatux: 11:04am On Aug 20, 2014
Re: M.I: Chairmen Don't Quit by lertee(f): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
No one can force him to stay or come back especially if he has gone out of ideas. I still love the early comer MI to the present MI.
I just wish him all the best in whatever he wishes to venture into outside music.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spotted! Dencia And Her ... Grrrandma! #herb*oobswereonfireee / Checkout Genevieve Nnaji’s Look Last Night At The Elite Model Show / Is There Any Popular Nigerian Celebrity That Is Ugly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.