Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,820 members, 7,959,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

Sierra Leone's 365 Ebola Deaths Traced Back To One Healer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sierra Leone's 365 Ebola Deaths Traced Back To One Healer (587 Views)

WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Ebola: China Sends Medical Supplies To Guinea, Liberia And Sierra Leone / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sierra Leone's 365 Ebola Deaths Traced Back To One Healer by genny2kuk(m): 10:24am On Aug 20, 2014
It has laid waste to the tribal chiefdoms of Sierra Leone, leaving hundreds dead, but the Ebola crisis began with just one healer's claims to special powers

The outbreak need never have spread from Guinea, health officials revealed to AFP, except for a herbalist in the remote eastern border village of Sokoma.

"She was claiming to have powers to heal Ebola. Cases from Guinea were crossing into Sierra Leone for treatment," Mohamed Vandi, the top medical official in the hard-hit district of Kenema, told AFP.

"She got infected and died. During her funeral, women around the other towns got infected."

Ebola has killed more than 1,220 people since it emerged in southern Guinea at the start of the year, spreading first to Liberia and cutting a gruesome and gory swathe through eastern Sierra Leone since May.

The tropical pathogen can turn people into de facto corpses with little higher brain function and negligible motor control days before they die.

The virus attacks almost every section of tissue, reducing organs and flesh in the most aggressive infections to a pudding-like mush which leaches or erupts from the body.

Source http://news.yahoo.com/sierra-leones-365-ebola-deaths-traced-back-one-065404276.html
Re: Sierra Leone's 365 Ebola Deaths Traced Back To One Healer by ibdeals1(m): 10:44am On Aug 20, 2014
NAWA O angry
Re: Sierra Leone's 365 Ebola Deaths Traced Back To One Healer by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2014
I like the way nigerians are at alert on this Ebola issue. It cnt spread in nigeria.
I was having fever last two weeks, I cudnt say it out for my family to knw. Coz if u are ill at this Ebo era, u are a suspect. If u are not AGILE, all eyes on U. U nor go bold sick. #QUARANTINE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sierra Leone's 365 Ebola Deaths Traced Back To One Healer by nora544: 11:43am On Aug 20, 2014
urhoboman: I like the way nigerians are at alert on this Ebola issue. It cnt spread in nigeria.
I was having fever last two weeks, I cudnt say it out for my family to knw. Coz if u are ill at this Ebo era, u are a suspect. If u are not AGILE, all eyes on U. U nor go bold sick. #QUARANTINE!!!

What is with your pastors who claim that they can heal and make miracles is this not the same.

How many Nigerian pastors can heal.

What is with the pastor who told his followers that Ebola is just a demon, is it not the same, and this stupid guy was before a professor at an University in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Reduse The Fatness Of My Hand / Best Moisturizer For Aging Skin / How Often Do You Drink Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.