Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Apply: 2014 Chudanog Publishers Contest On Divorce For Africans - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Apply: 2014 Chudanog Publishers Contest On Divorce For Africans (597 Views)

Fully Funded Scholarship For Africans To Study In Switzerland / Summer Grants For Africans in ICT / Why Are All Africans Studying Nursing In America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apply: 2014 Chudanog Publishers Contest On Divorce For Africans by NewDelhi(m): 6:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
TYPE OF CONTEST:Essay Contest
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:There is an undesirable development taking place in the family circles of most African nations today. There is an incessant increase in the rate of divorce in many African homes! This ugly trend seems to be at variance with what was obtainable some years back, when marriages were cherished and guarded jealously, while divorce and other forms of marital acrimony were jettisoned. In this essay contest, you are expected to appraise the reasons why many marriages are hitting the rocks today in Africa and also proffer solutions on what could be done in order to checkmate the alarming increase in divorce.
ELIGIBILITY:This contest is open to all Africans who have attained the age of 18 or shall attain the age of 18 on or before the deadline for the submission of the essay, being the 31stday of December, 2014.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION:
Send an E-mail to pragmaticreaders@gmail.com; pragmaticreaders@yahoo.com, requesting for a PDF copy of the essay entitled ‘Restoring the Lost Glory of the Institution of Marriage.’
·The essay will be forwarded to your mailbox within 48 hours upon request. Endeavour to check your spam mail folder should in case the mail gets delivered into the spam mail folder.
·Read up the entire essay entitled ‘Restoring the Lost Glory of the Institution of Marriage.’
·In your own words, appraise the reasons why there is increase in divorce in African homes and what could be done to checkmate the ugly trend, while making intermittent reference to the article you read. You are expected to analyse the factor (s) responsible for the increase in divorce cases recorded in African homes and also to proffer innovative solutions on what could be done to ensure that divorce is reduced to the barest minimum in African homes.
PRIZE:
1stprizeN50,000.00(Fifty Thousand Naira) and a Certificate of Recognition
2ndprizeN30,000.00(Thirty Thousand Naira) and a Certificate of Recognition
3rdprizeN20,000.00(Twenty Thousand Naira) and a Certificate of recognition
5 Honourable mentions, to be issued certificates respectively
The best top 50 essays will be compiled and published in an e-book format by Chudanog Publishers Limited, subject to the approval of the authors of the essays first gotten in that regard. The names of the authors of the best 50 essays will also be published on the Facebook page of Chudanog Publishers Limited. Moreover, the authors of the best 50 essays to be published will be remunerated from any gains that will be made from the sales of the proposed e-book, subjects to terms and conditions that will be made known by the Company which shall be communicated to the authors for their express authorization and/or approval before the publication of their work will take place.
·HOW TO APPLY:The essay should be sent to the email ids: pragmaticreaders@gmail.comor pragmaticreaders@yahoo.comwith the headline ‘Essay Contest Entry’ on or before the deadline for submission, being the hour of 11:59 pm (Nigerian time) on the 31stday of December, 2014.
DEADLINE:December 31, 2014
Re: Apply: 2014 Chudanog Publishers Contest On Divorce For Africans by dejt4u(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
I'm in.. I submitted my essay today(some hours ago)..

Have u submitted yours?
Re: Apply: 2014 Chudanog Publishers Contest On Divorce For Africans by NewDelhi(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
dejt4u: I'm in.. I submitted my essay today(some hours ago)..

Have u submitted yours?
I should before the end of the week. Godwilling.
Re: Apply: 2014 Chudanog Publishers Contest On Divorce For Africans by dejt4u(m): 4:55am On Aug 21, 2014
NewDelhi:
I should before the end of the week. Godwilling.
ok..al d best bro!
Re: Apply: 2014 Chudanog Publishers Contest On Divorce For Africans by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
What is the length of the essay (word counts)? Does it have a particular structure it should follow?
Re: Apply: 2014 Chudanog Publishers Contest On Divorce For Africans by dejt4u(m): 7:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
obasy09: What is the length of the essay (word counts)? Does it have a particular structure it should follow?
between 2000-4000 word counts

(1) (Reply)

Unlimited Downloads For Big Internet Mongers. / Banker Wanted For N6.28 Billion Fraud! / How To Know If An MLM Opportunity Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.