Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,097 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Please Advise Me On Car To Buy - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Advise Me On Car To Buy (854 Views)

Do You Import Cars Or Have A Car To Sell? Talk To Us And Get Buyers Fast!! / Is There Any Effect On Car Enginee Running At Low Temperature? / Auto Doctors, Please Advise Me On My 2002 Nissan Altima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me On Car To Buy by akino(m): 8:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Please i need advice from experienced Nairalanders on what type, model of of mini van or SUV to buy.I need the car for family use and to support my wife's business - buying goods mainly household items in bulk from market.
Budget - 650k
Re: Please Advise Me On Car To Buy by chucky234(m): 11:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ford Windster, Dodge Caravan and Nissan Quest.
Re: Please Advise Me On Car To Buy by Nobody: 1:39am On Aug 21, 2014
akino: Please i need advice from experienced Nairalanders on what type, model of of mini van or SUV to buy.I need the car for family use and to support my wife's business - buying goods mainly household items in bulk from market.
Budget - 650k
. A budget of 650k will not get you a good SUV. If possible please make it 900k and possible get 1998 Toyota Siena. The ride is rugged and will not give much issues.
650k may still get a 1996 Toyota Trevia which is equally good though old. Dont ever make the mistake of buying Naija used or she will spend all the time in a mechanic, not worth it.
Re: Please Advise Me On Car To Buy by chucky234(m): 8:16am On Aug 21, 2014
chibabe3: . A budget of 650k will not get you a good SUV. If possible please make it 900k and possible get 1998 Toyota Siena. The ride is rugged and will not give much issues.
650k may still get a 1996 Toyota Trevia which is equally good though old. Dont ever make the mistake of buying Naija used or she will spend all the time in a mechanic, not worth it.
he can get a tokunbo 1991 - 2000 Dodge Caravan for 650k - 700k.
Re: Please Advise Me On Car To Buy by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2014
Dude stick with the sciena 1999 model and get some one with car experience to check it out for you, the car has cheap and available parts in comparisim with other models in its class and its very durable. And 650k you should find a decent one without any mechanical faults.
The downside to the sciena is its v6 engine, in relation to city driving, not a very economical choice.

Also consider the toyota picnic a bit smaller than the sciena durable and has detachable seats at the rear with a 2.0 liter 3s-fe engine. Very good on fuel.
Re: Please Advise Me On Car To Buy by akino(m): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2014
Thanks to all my friends for the advice. Please, if we place Toyota picnic and sienna side by side can you rate them on fuel consumption, durability, ease and cost of maintenance/spare parts availability and which of them has better second hand value? Thanks for your response
Re: Please Advise Me On Car To Buy by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
akino: Thanks to all my friends for the advice. Please, if we place Toyota picnic and sienna side by side can you rate them on fuel consumption, durability, ease and cost of maintenance/spare parts availability and which of them has better second hand value? Thanks for your response
. A Siena has a 6 cylinder engine and will definitely consume more fuel but it is more spacious than Siena considering her load. The two are equally durable being Toyota vehicles.

(1) (Reply)

Volkswagen Passat 2006 Model@ N1.150m / Very Clean 02 Toyota Rav4 Reg with dvd For Jst 1.050m See Pix.... / Toyota 4runner 2003model@2.250m08038580001,08077605055

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.