Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,214 members, 7,957,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) (812 Views)

Merit Of Soul: Pursuit Of Knowledge / Marital Bliss In Ramadan: Eight (8) Awesome Tips To Keep Your Love Alive / The Heart Of A True Believer~ A New Muslim Romantic Novel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Okay. I'm not...rarely ever here. But it all 'oh so serious'... so I was a little surprised when I read The Journey, even though it was abandoned. But he said he is going to finish it today. And that's a good thing.

Okay, I want to start mine.
It's a working title so... maybe I will change it later.

All rights reserved oo. If you copy copy, I will set the piracy police on you. grin and if you share without telling me, I will physically sneak into your conscience and prick you so hard... grin

I dedicate to onegig, maclatunji, tbaba123 and bellong. grin
Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
PROLOGUE:

"No!!! You can't do that!!"

"Yes, I can! And I'm going to enjoy every bit of it," the tall man in jeans and TM Lewin shirt over a black nubuck loafer said as he grabbed a set of keys from the table.

Taira felt like throwing the mug in her hand at the retreating back of Mamood. Something in her however wouldn't let her move. It was as if she her muscles had reached a 'be stiff' consensus that she wasn't aware of.

She dropped the mug eventually as she heard the sound of a car outside, Mamood had left and he wasn't coming back. Her stiffened muscles relaxed at that moment and she collapsed on the floor. The tears that had been brewing behind her cornea finally found their exit and began to pour down her face. She clawed at her chest as she wailed and screamed.

"Subh'anala!! Subh'analah!! No!! Oh please God, no!!"

But deep down she knew that her journey had just began.

##YeaYeaNot##... to be continued.. grin
Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by dejt4u(m): 4:59am On Aug 21, 2014
Following

1 Like

Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by onegig(m): 5:45am On Aug 21, 2014
I don grab seat for here. This should be thrilling. I hope this is fiction with a lace of reality?

1 Like

Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by Uthman51(m): 8:40am On Aug 21, 2014
Am on....

1 Like

Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by bellong: 11:01am On Aug 21, 2014
Following.......
Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
Thanks everyone.

@onegig: its fiction really... with a touch of reality here and there though.

YeaYeaNot
Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 24, 2014
Chapter One

.......5 years ago....

The main hall of Leadway Education Trust was parked. The were different colors on different bodies, all clustered and chatting happily. The uniforms on the kids gave the brown and gold theme of the hall a different feel, Taira couldn't help but smiled.

The "Mini Genius" contest had been aired on over five of the popular tv stations cross the country. The dailies had carried the advert for one month and the entries that came were over 100 thousand. When Taira pitched the idea to her boss, little did she know that she was about to get involved with something that would bring her out of shell into the public in a very big way.

"Taira Ahmed! Taira Ahmed"

No way, it wasn't possible. The voice was one she had thought she would never hear in her life. She didn't want to stop but the urgency in the caller's voice made her stop.

Taira turned towards the direction of the voice and a forced smile came to her face. Walking towards her was indeed Chioma Arubuike. She hadn't seen Chioma since they left Imo state after the NYSC. And now, there she was as radiant as ever with a boy of about 3 running behind her. Taira felt like waving and hurrying away but she had unanswered questions.

"Chi!!!!" Taira called out as they embraced. They both made a good show of hiding what they actually felt. One was hatred and the other was curiosity.

"Tai... look at you!! if not for your big head, I would have totally mistook you for someone else," Chioma said with laughter.

Taira wondered if she had meant something else. She however slapped the other lady's hand. Chioma had always teased her about the size of her head, she knew it was envy.

"Is this Kinzo?" Taira asked as the boy looked up at her. The boy smiled and nodded gaily.

Taira's mind went to the first day she ha held the boy, he had convulsed and Chioma had accused her of neglect.

"That answers your question. That's my bundle of joy and exercise," Chioma replied as she pushed the boy towards Taira. Your plan didn't work, witch, he is still alive, she thought.

Taira squatted and greeted the little boy with a peck. She stood then and asked for Chioma's number. Chioma told her that she worked as teacher with one of the schools and was there as a chaperon.

"That's nice to hear. I am the Business Development Manager here," Taira replied as she handed her complimentary card to Chioma whose smile had faltered.

Taira promised to call her as she hurried away to start the long process of documentation for the students.

Chioma stared at Taira as she hurried way and she hissed. She crumbled the card and swore. She then brought out her phone and dialed a number.

"Guess who I just ran into? Taira Ahmed! You had better come over and explain to me why she is in Abuja instead of her village?"

She hung up and she grabbed Kinzo's hand and walked back to her students.

YeaYeaNot
Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by golpen(m): 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
oh!

I'm here...bt not without the company of an ice chilled bottle of SOFT DRINK! (someone thought I'll mention beer) grin ... and a seat too.

2 Likes

Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by Uthman51(m): 11:40am On Aug 25, 2014
Still here...waiting for more

1 Like

Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by onegig(m): 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
yeyenatu: Thanks everyone.

@onegig: its fiction really... with a touch of reality here and there though.

YeaYeaNot

Ok. Would be looking forward to it.

1 Like

Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by zayhal(f): 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2014
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Pursuit Of Bliss (A Novel) by bellong: 12:17pm On Aug 31, 2014
Keep it coming....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Jesus Going To Hell? / Eman Booster To Nourish Your Soul / How Did You Affirm Or Re-affirm Islam As The Religion Of Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.