Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

What I Feel About Naija Music. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What I Feel About Naija Music. (671 Views)

Video: Asa - The Way I Feel / Have You Heard About Naija Rave... Check Dis Out!!! / Check Out This New Online Magazine About Naija Music And Its Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Feel About Naija Music. by Frankestein08(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Music is an expression of our inner self but I don't think that's the way it works nowadays...
coming down to our country naija, sme of u will agree with me that a lot has changed in the music industry in terms of beats, lyrics, video & attitude. Everybody now wants to sing not to express but to make fast money & buy gold teethes & ride fast cars not caring what they dish out to the public especially in a society where we've a lot of tender aged youths/kids.
Personally I would say that there are little or no good music at all in naija, it feels lyk it's only one genre of music we've in naija & dat's mostly heavy party beating songs, it's not possible for one to stay all day & b rocking all dis one genre of songs 24/7 you'll get tired & bored out thereby switching to foreign musis cos dey've got more of gud music...It kinda beats me dat naija does nt readily ve any genre lyk blues or pop except 4 d old 60s to d 90s all dere's nw is hip hop/dance hall trash.
If you're the type dat listens to lyrics & nt foul lines you'll notice dat all we hear mostly nw is money, drugs, girls, sex, bum bum with nothing to inspire the really young ones...going out to the streets you see a little boy of 5-8yrs singing shake ur bum bum or ibebe idi or prolly watchin silifa/story for the gods video & really it's nt funny, hw do u feel wen u see ur lil bro or sis of a tender age talking/acting dirty, does it pleases you! some of you myt disagree that it's not the same but dis re same music bt in different format & beats, dis so called artistes re out dere to make money nt to inspire u & ignorantly most think of em as mentors.
It can only be said that there re few artiste in d music industry who stick to good music bt dey're singing under the shadows wit no one to hear/listen cos most of ur minds re stuck on explicit stuffs, am not sayin it's a bad thing to listen to some of dis explicit music cos sometimes u myt jst wanna show ursef but you also ve to think outside the box.
Am not here to criticize any artiste or individual person, am just saying what I feel & if u feel otherwise good for you, if you don't, nt bad either...na everybody to his/her own perspective.
Re: What I Feel About Naija Music. by iamsegsy(m): 11:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
all dey do now is sing d trash d mass wanna hear nd make dere moni
Re: What I Feel About Naija Music. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
I agree with you to some extend but the world itself is changing day by day, we no longer stay in the 80's and 90's we need fresh beat and fresh music.
Re: What I Feel About Naija Music. by yoji: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2014
There is nothing wrong with Nigerian music. It's you who listens to club music expecting lyrical prowess that has a problem. You are just jealous this generation seem to be making more money than previous so you come up with a blanket statement to discredit Nigeria music as a whole. Just keep to Bez, asa , gt the guitar man, waje, 2face, adol, brymo, timi dakolo, t.y. bello, toba gold, nosa , Leo wonder, nneka, omawunmi, Lara George, mike aremu, infinity, ese peters, sound sultan ,etc and you'l be just fine. So pls stop ranting
Re: What I Feel About Naija Music. by Frankestein08(m): 8:01am On Aug 21, 2014
yoji: There is nothing wrong with Nigerian music. It's you who listens to club music expecting lyrical prowess that has a problem. You are just jealous this generation seem to be making more money than previous so you come up with a blanket statement to discredit Nigeria music as a whole. Just keep to Bez, asa , gt the guitar man, waje, 2face, adol, brymo, timi dakolo, t.y. bello, toba gold, nosa , Leo wonder, nneka, omawunmi, Lara George, mike aremu, infinity, ese peters, sound sultan ,etc and you'l be just fine. So pls stop ranting
I dnt wanna argue wit u cos u seem to find it hard to fathom things, u not even on point...u way off key bruh, I mean why would I be jealous! am also a part of dis generation. lemme giv u a clue, weneva u read smetin & u feel too DumB to ask why jst keep scrolling & stop advertising ur ignorance.
Re: What I Feel About Naija Music. by Frankestein08(m): 8:05am On Aug 21, 2014
balamz: I agree with you to some extend but the world itself is changing day by day, we no longer stay in the 80's and 90's we need fresh beat and fresh music.
You making sense bruh, u on point but isn't it changing in the wrong direction!
Making of fresh beats shld nt kill other genre of songs.
Re: What I Feel About Naija Music. by yoji: 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Frankestein08:
I dnt wanna argue wit u cos u seem to find it hard to fathom things, u not even on point...u way off key bruh, I mean why would I be jealous! am also a part of dis generation. lemme giv u a clue, weneva u read smetin & u feel too DumB to ask why jst keep scrolling & stop advertising ur ignorance.
You listen to wizkid and davido and expect classy music? I mentioned over 15 artists for you, not including lindsey, ruby, tosin martins and i doubt if you have ever bought an album from any of the artists i mentioned.
Ese martins just released a 5 track acoustic EP which delivers on every level, but you don't wanna know about that.
What you want is out there, jus search
Re: What I Feel About Naija Music. by Frankestein08(m): 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2014
yoji:
You listen to wizkid and davido and expect classy music? I mentioned over 15 artists for you, not including lindsey, ruby, tosin martins and i doubt if you have ever bought an album from any of the artists i mentioned.
Ese martins just released a 5 track acoustic EP which delivers on every level, but you don't wanna know about that.
What you want is out there, jus search
I'm done wit u bruh cos apparently uu're on a very different level entirely & I'm sure that someone wit good eyesight knws dat I clearly mentioned dat dose artiste u talkin about re under the shadows...you nid to check ur thinking bruh.

(1) (Reply)

NEA Best Young Act, Ayo Jay Drops New Single - Taking Over / University Of Benin, Uniben 2014/2015 First/second Batch Admission List Is Out / Modenine Ft. Gentle – DOBALE [official Video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.