Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 - Sports (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 (107887 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany. (Final) 24th August 2014. / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Nigeria Vs Venezuela (0 - 1) - FIFA U-20 WC 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:19am On Aug 25, 2014
repogi rl: These FIFA people are shameless o, that our goal was no offside, did anyone remember when oshoala was charging to the post against three german defenders and an offside was called? I was waiting to see the replay but never did, they never showed it, Na wah for this Oyibo people o, worldclass magomago!
I endlessly await the replay too.. Magomago no enter this World through Nigeria.
Just a digression, u dnt have to take NEPA for an enemy oh, they simply carried out an assessment and found it a waste of resources to give some people lights.. Hahahaha..
Those broad eyeballs are good enough for a set of head-lamps! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Arcard(m): 3:20am On Aug 25, 2014
abeg who get bright s number I wan bring my people com knock
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by ontheair: 3:20am On Aug 25, 2014
crudedude:

if you say so. Dike was at the top of her game before the sub
exactly! And she was a true threat which suited the strategy we had deployed, fast, strong strikers hoping to pounce on long balls over the defense and bully the German last gate of defense. She didn't deserve to be subbed at that time. Sunday isn't a bad player but she is made for the middle or the AMF. Somewhere where a low work rate would not affect the team but ball control and touches could benefit the team. All d same, in soccer, a winner only appears when a mistake is made, Nigeria made its fair share of them and got punished for one of it. Better luck to Nigeria next time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by daveP(m): 3:20am On Aug 25, 2014
dagr8:
But Germans got the silver and bronze boot as well undecided
oh. Someone said they didnt win any. Thanks for that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by naturalwaves: 3:20am On Aug 25, 2014
Asisat Osuola gave a very impressive performance; she was everywhere. If we had like two of her type, we would have beaten the Germans silly.

What killed our team?

1) Loss of concentration and cordination.Ayila really messed up. Even when the ball passed, she should have done anything to stop that girl before entering the box 18. I expected the coach to remove the no7 jersey girl too from first half, she was just losing the ball anyhow. Her replacement was worse, the no 12 jersey (KANU) that couldn't even hold the ball nor make a good clearance.

2)Lack of technical awareness. That player shouldn't have hit the ball on the way to the net. I was just shouting "please don't hit the ball again" till she dazed it into the net.

3) Poor set pieces : This seems to be a majour problem with almost all the Nigerian teams. We wasted all the corners in the match and all the free kicks too.

4) Lack of stamina: it was obvious our girls couldn't withstand 120 minutes of play as they were justjust waiting for the clock to wind down against their wish though.

All in all, I think the coach did a good job . It is not easy coaching girls at all as they are very emotional and lose their mind so easily. We tried, good work girls, we played the Germans. Better luck next time.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by dondavidson(m): 3:22am On Aug 25, 2014
Superstar007:

OMG!! This girl to make sense. .
Her smile alone can cure ebola.
Like Boko Haram, she just detonated a bomb im my heart cry

lwkmd. Cure EBOLA? Americans for don come carry her since naa?
She beat many of our Nollywood so called star actresses in beauty

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by dondavidson(m): 3:22am On Aug 25, 2014
Superstar007:

OMG!! This girl to make sense. .
Her smile alone can cure ebola.
Like Boko Haram, she just detonated a bomb im my heart cry

lol. I just pity dt coach. People dt will criticize him for substituting her go plenty. Although d tactical decision can be ryt: but many were nt watching d ball, they were watching HER
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by daveP(m): 3:25am On Aug 25, 2014
That setpeice stuff have been killing spirits since 1998. Oduamadi scored the super eagles last setpiece against kenya during qualifiers. And weve played 90*29games without scoring a setpiece aside penalties. We need siasia back
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Arcard(m): 3:26am On Aug 25, 2014
dondavidson:

lol. I just pity dt coach. People dt will criticize him for substituting her go plenty. Although d tactical decision can be ryt: but many were nt watching d ball, they were watching HER
kikikikiki guy I think say u watch d ball with me true I lost interest wen sh comot
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by ontheair: 3:26am On Aug 25, 2014
dondavidson:

SERIOUSLY?!
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Ucokezie(m): 3:27am On Aug 25, 2014
There was a level of discrimination in this game. Firstly, All the officials were from Canada. This has never been done before due to the tendency of co-operative Bribery. This is a country that was knocked out of the competition and has probably taken sides with the Germans. Secondly, two clear goals were disqualified with no replays at all. The referee(s) was generally biased (against Nigeria) throughout the second half and beyond. Thirdly, If you watched the match, you would have noticed that the Time-Display man wore a German Jersey covered with FIFA jacket clearly showing his support for Germany. He was allowed by FIFA even on a country's Jersey to officiate. If you also noticed, He/She jubilated with the Germans when they scored. Should an official who has taken sides with a team be allowed to officiate a match?
The Falconets did exceedingly great. Better luck next. #Intensive Reforms and Sanctions is needed to be carried out by FIFA# FIFA should keep a close eye on the sponsors because they sometimes, influence the game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:27am On Aug 25, 2014
The following players from this tournament, barring injury, must make the Super Falcons 23-woman squad in next year's WC:

-Oshoala
-Courtney Dike
-Uchenna Kanu
-Uchechi Sunday
-Osas Igbinovia
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by M4gunners: 3:28am On Aug 25, 2014
Ayila and Oshoala thanks, both of made us to lose this Cup do to greedy.I hope you learn from this.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by adekayo1234(m): 3:28am On Aug 25, 2014
dondavidson:

yes o today's match was my first and believe me I fell in love with Dike immediately. I just can't sleep cos that dike just dey make my heart do jigijigi....chai! abi na juju catch me ni ....yepa!

Btw just came back from her Facebook page and from the looks of things on her timeline, e be like say I get hope grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by imanuel5959: 3:31am On Aug 25, 2014
OtunbaJega:

she is Bright Dike's younger sister... she plays for Oklahoma University
Wow!!!!
I see, she's such a good player and beautiful too..
Thanks for the info, make I go ask Colin Udoh for KickoffNigeria...
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by daveP(m): 3:31am On Aug 25, 2014
Ucokezie:

There was a level of discrimination in this game. Firstly, All the officials were from Canada. This has never been done before due to the tendency of co-operative Bribery. This is a country that was knocked out of the competition and has probably taken sides with the Germans. Secondly, two clear goals were disqualified with no replays at all. The referee(s) was generally biased (against Nigeria) throughout the second half and beyond. Thirdly, If you watched the match, you would have noticed that the Time-Display man wore a German Jersey covered with FIFA jacket clearly showing his support for Germany. He was allowed by FIFA even on a country's Jersey to officiate. If you also noticed, He/She jubilated with the Germans when they scored. Should an official who has taken sides with a team be allowed to officiate a match?
The Falconets did exceedingly great. Better luck next. #Intensive Reforms and Sanctions is needed to be carried out by FIFA# FIFA should keep a close eye on the sponsors because they sometimes, influence the game.
now thats corruption@ its peak and again against girls!!! Sponsors? Fifa itself is d corrupt body. Was afraid when i saw straight4 refs. What are we africans doing regarding dis ref issue.it sucks alot. Nt one from africa to officiate a big match....
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 25, 2014
Superstar007:

Chai! Diaris God oH.
Make I go sleep joor dream about her grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Havilah93(m): 3:33am On Aug 25, 2014
CFCfan: The following players from this tournament, barring injury, must make the Super Falcons 23-woman squad in next year's WC:

-Oshoala
-Courtney Dike
-Uchenna Kanu
-Uchechi Sunday
-Osas Igbinovia

Gbam! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by daveP(m): 3:33am On Aug 25, 2014
CFCfan: The following players from this tournament, barring injury, must make the Super Falcons 23-woman squad in next year's WC:

-Oshoala
-Courtney Dike
-Uchenna Kanu
-Uchechi Sunday
-Osas Igbinovia
agreed!! I prefer a plan around Dike, but i guess stamina and endurance are her weak points thus the subbing
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:35am On Aug 25, 2014
Havilah93:

Whao.
The countries that have qualified for the 2015 WC are Japan, Australia, South Korea, Thailand, China, England, Switzerland, and hosts-Canada
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by dagr8(m): 3:36am On Aug 25, 2014

-Oshoala
-Courtney Dike
-Uchenna Kanu
-Uchechi Sunday
-Osas Igbinovia
Hope school parol won't deny Dike?
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 25, 2014
daveP: agreed!! I prefer a plan around Dike, but i guess stamina and endurance are her weak points thus the subbing
The NFF can help by getting a fitness instructor for the team. In next year's WC, there will be for the first time, a round of 16.
So the teams which reach the final or 3rd-place match, will play a maximum of 7 matches.
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 25, 2014
dagr8:
Hope school parol won't deny Dike?
Universities here in America usually have a Summer semester which runs from the last week of June to the first week of August. But she may skip the Summer semester, as many students do.

The main semesters are the Spring (January-May) and Fall (August-December)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by MegMich(m): 3:41am On Aug 25, 2014
Superstar007:

Then wetin u go use describe Courtney Dike

An oversight!!!
No doubt Courtney is fast, stunning, powerful and BOLT-like...she no where near AMAZING Asisat!
My thoughts!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by dondavidson(m): 3:41am On Aug 25, 2014
imanuel5959:
Wow!!!!
I see, she's such a good player and beautiful too..
Thanks for the info, make I go ask Colin Udoh for KickoffNigeria...

hmmmmmm....
KickoffNigeria don fold due 2 lack of fund.
Meet me for info
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by watchindelta(m): 3:43am On Aug 25, 2014
everybody dike rare!
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by daveP(m): 3:58am On Aug 25, 2014
CFCfan:
The NFF can help by getting a fitness instructor for the team. In next year's WC, there will be for the first time, a round of 16.
So the teams which reach the final or 3rd-place match, will play a maximum of 7 matches.
we been local champs for too long. We need a new level. It would be shameful to nigerian football if odegbami doesnt win that election. As in which FA in d world does an election with an ex-player of high calibre and he loses to wannabes. Fifa sef get shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Preceedo(m): 4:04am On Aug 25, 2014
I'm impressed by their performance. Especially OSHOALA. She deserved all that she won. Hope to see u in green very soon at the senior world cup.

I wouldn't have watched tonight's match but for COURTNEY DIKE. She looks so decent and shy and lovely and beautiful. And with d way she conducted herself and her smile SHE deserves to feature in the Senior World Cup.

Chichi is MY best Goalkeepa. On what ground was dat German GK given? Was it saves or goal concession?

Pls, OSHOALA, DIKE, CHICHI don't allow these ravenous guys to touch u guys.

Oshoala don't betray ur potentials.

Dike don't betray ur LOOKS u seem decent not a LovePeddler.

Chichi don't betray your ability.

If these three girls no go world cup I SWEAR I won't watch that world cup. Especially DIKE. I just wish the camera could stay on her face for ninety minutes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by Engen(m): 4:07am On Aug 25, 2014
Emmalot121: They are playing like shit.Wetin girls dey find for football.Like my favorite comedian once said'if ladies want something,give them a load of it,then you will treat their f.uc.k up.' GERMANY WIN!!! grin grin

You're just a re tard, no sane person will utter this nonsense
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by keypad1: 4:49am On Aug 25, 2014
[quote author=Tonylyte][/quote]no vex....but u want lie say u no like this babe for this pishure?
Re: Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 by san316(m): 4:58am On Aug 25, 2014
I gave up my sleep for the match and in the end, i got a sleepless night. But the babes try sha. Thumbs up. Oyibo go always do ojoro against blacky. God pass dem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Francisca Ordega Builds House For Her Mother (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Hungary (2 - 0) U20 World Cup On June 7th 2015 / Georgina Rodriguez Gifts Ronaldo Mercedes BRABUS Of N242m On His 35th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.