Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Need A Panel beater - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need A Panel beater (7102 Views)

Professional Mechanic/excellent Panel Beater Needed..(photos) / Good Panel Beater IN LAGOS / Panel Beater Or A Good Auto Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
I need a good mechanic in the vicinity of lagos to help me repair my car,it had an accident yesterday and the front bumper damaged with also light damages on the radiator,my transmission oil is also leaking and the radiator fan is stuck.Pictures are below

Re: Need A Panel beater by 100ksalescom(m): 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
O Boy Na Nepa Pole u Jam?
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
100ksalescom: O Boy Na Nepa Pole u Jam?
I went to a police station yesterday and the wood the police people used as their entrance broke making my two back tires to fall inside the gutter,a man I supposed to be a police officer came claiming that we should push the car while he drives it,little did I know that he can not drive and when we pushed he rev the car hitting the police gate and as soon as he knew what happened he quickly opened the car and ran away,the police people denied knowing the man,I suspect he is an officer,I would really appreciate the car gurus here to come and link me up with a good mechanic as my mechanic is very dubious and cannot be trusted with a big work like this
Re: Need A Panel beater by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:17pm On Aug 21, 2014
You want this car to look sharp again, consider replacing.

* Bonnet
* bumper
* ac condenser
* front grill
* Probably radiator.

And I think you need a good Panelbeater not a mechanic at the moment.

Please do not drive the vehicle until you fix the leaking transmission fluid.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Bossmd: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
edozie04: I went to a police station yesterday and the wood the police people used as their entrance broke making my two back tires to fall inside the gutter,a man I supposed to be a police officer came claiming that we should push the car while he drives it,little did I know that he can not drive and when we pushed he rev the car hitting the police gate and as soon as he knew what happened he quickly opened the car and ran away,the police people denied knowing the man,I suspect he is an officer,I would really appreciate the car gurus here to come and link me up with a good mechanic as my mechanic is very dubious and cannot be trusted with a big work like this

In as much as this is not funny, it sounds like a Nollywood Script cheesy

Anyway this is a small work for experienced Lagos Auto Artisans.

Well I should think your radiator is damaged.....hhmmm I just hope and pray with you that your transmission is safe....that leaking transmission fluid is a bad sign. That man has caused you some serious expenses if I may say. You may be coughing out like 200k to fix this, Oven paint inclusive.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
The MODS should really come up with a database of repair stations.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
GAZZUZZ: You want this car to look sharp again, consider replacing.

* Bonnet
* bumper
* ac condenser
* front grill
* Probably radiator.

And I think you need a good Panelbeater not a mechanic at the moment.

Please do not drive the vehicle until you fix the leaking transmission fluid.
Can you give me an estimate of the parts listed above?
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
Bossmd:

In as much as this is not funny, it sounds like a Nollywood Script cheesy

Anyway this is a small work for experienced Lagos Auto Artisans.

Well I should think your radiator is damaged.....hhmmm I just hope and pray with you that your transmission is safe....that leaking transmission fluid is a bad sign. That man has caused you some serious expenses if I may say. You may be coughing out like 200k to fix this, Oven paint inclusive.
In as much as I do not wish for this to happen to anybody I just hope that yours won't sound like a nollywood script

I pray it does not get to that,just coughed out 30k today and it aint funny

1 Like

Re: Need A Panel beater by Bossmd: 2:47am On Aug 24, 2014
edozie04: In as much as I do not wish for this to happen to anybody I just hope that yours won't sound like a nollywood script

I pray it does not get to that,just coughed out 30k today and it aint funny

Really its not funny at all so don't get me wrong.
Its the part where you said the guy that drove the car jumped out and run that looked dramatic.

Sorry for the damages though, especially for the unplanned expenditure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
Current work going on.....
Contractor;A nairalander
Location;Berger Auto Market
Changed the ac condenser,radiator,front grill,bonnet,bumper.
Will do ovum painting when the panel beater is through.will keep you guys updated

1 Like

Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
Excellent, this is a nice thread.

Hope she's as so good as new soon.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 05, 2014
Bravo brother.. Pls if u dn't mind, u can also tell us how much it cost you.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
CityNG: Excellent, this is a nice thread.

Hope she's as so good as new soon.
I hope so too,would have wanted to give credits to the panel beater that is a nairalander but for some reasons he choose not to be known
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
Bossforeva: Bravo brother.. Pls if u dn't mind, u can also tell us how much it cost you.
I have spent like roughly 120(workmanship inclusive),the painter is saying for ovum paint he will take 70 but will finalize it with 50 tomorrow.Wanted to put front and back protector but I do not think I can bear the cost now
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
edozie04: I have spent like roughly 120(workmanship inclusive),the painter is saying for ovum paint he will take 70 but will finalize it with 50 tomorrow.Wanted to put front and back protector but I do not think I can bear the cost now
k. Did The Police Dept later do anything towards the repair.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
Bossforeva: k. Did The Police Dept later do anything towards the repair.
Nothing,I even had problems before moving the car out of the police station,even some of them said that I will settle them for parking space,I seriously felt frustrated
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 12:56am On Sep 06, 2014
edozie04: I hope so too,would have wanted to give credits to the panel beater that is a nairalander who is the panel beater but for some reasons he choose not to be known

I don't blame him.

1) Of late, Nairaland seems to have been infected by pre pubescent mouth breathing troglodyte Neanderthals.

2) He may want his fledging business shielded from the wraths of the keyboard body shop experts.

Don't mind me I'm pissed as I have a 70 mile commute home today grin

2 Likes

Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2014
Sorry to see your nice SUV was damaged, Edozie, it looks a clean example.

I'm glad the work is being done to a high standard. Who says we don't have good craftsmen in Nigeria?

She's in good hands.

2 Likes

Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2014
CityNG:

I don't blame him.

1) Of late, Nairaland seems to have been infected by pre pubescent mouth breathing troglodyte Neanderthals.

2) He may want his fledging business shielded from the wraths of the keyboard body shop experts.

Sorry bro,safe journey ahead
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 06, 2014
Siena: Sorry to see your nice SUV was damaged, Edozie, it looks a clean example.

I'm glad the work is being done to a high standard. Who says we don't have good craftsmen in Nigeria?

She's in good hands.

I don't listen to them anymore.

It's clear that artisans that take pride in their automotive work exists in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Need A Panel beater by Raymie(m): 9:44am On Sep 06, 2014
Sorry for the accident Edozie. Its typical of the Nigerian police to find opportunity even in glaring misfortune. Try tracking that 'officer' covertly. He must drop something. Meanwhile, Oga Siena, may I send yhu a pm?
Re: Need A Panel beater by skyfall: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
edozie04: Nothing,I even had problems before moving the car out of the police station,even some of them said that I will settle them for parking space,I seriously felt frustrated

Sorry for your loss. I'm not surprised about the police action. Most of them aren't better than the criminals they're paid to catch.

People who befriend Nigeria police are the ones who haven't suffered at their hands. If a policeman is smiling at you, better run fast.

1 Like

Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
skyfall: If a policeman is smiling at you, better run fast.

Very true, bro. It's like the smile of a Black Mamba.

1 Like

Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
CityNG: I don't listen to them anymore.

It's clear that artisans that take pride in their automotive work exists in Nigeria.

I must admit, I'm ashamed of myself. I was one of those that looked down on Nigerian technicians. embarassed

Working in the Automotive Industry here in the UK, I have seen short cuts that fall way short of regulations. Nigeria is a developing country, the UK is a developed nation, with all the resources behind them. So what's their excuse?

The average British bodyshop would rather replace a panel that has a dent larger and deeper than a beer bottle top. The average Nigerian panel beater will beat a mangled fender, and shape it close to 95% of it's original profile. That's the difference between a bodyshop and a true craftsman.

Sorry for going off-topic guys, just had to rant a bit. angry

5 Likes

Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Siena:

I must admit, I'm ashamed of myself. I was one of those that looked down on Nigerian technicians. embarassed

Working in the Automotive Industry here in the UK, I have seen short cuts that fall way short of regulations. Nigeria is a developing country, the UK is a developed nation, with all the resources behind them. So what's their excuse?

The average British bodyshop would rather replace a panel that has a dent larger and deeper than a beer bottle top. The average Nigerian panel beater will beat a mangled fender, and shape it close to 95% of it's original profile. That's the difference between a bodyshop and a true craftsman.

Sorry for going off-topic guys, just had to rant a bit. angry

It's the same way here and I questioned a body shop owner about this.

Basically

1) Insurance companies are their biggest customers and the adjusters price work based on replacing parts and not on fixing panels, so a panel that can be fixed will be replaced by a chinese copy because it's cheaper (aftermaerket fender = $50, labour to repair original fender $55 per hour times 3 hours plus supplies).

2) Quality of workmanship, to get a panel to look as good as new just takes a whole lot of work and a skilled bogyman.

Labour is cheap in Nigeria compared to where we live. I've met folks who drive their cars across the border to the country of Mexico (just an hour or to away from where I live) to do car repairs due to this cheap labour.

Good repair guys exists as we are finding out, we need to celebrate those guys if they choose to come forward.

Wishing the Siena familia a happy weekend.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 12, 2014
And the lady is back,fresh as new

2 Likes

Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2014
Another quality job from skilled Nigerian technicians, IN Nigeria.

Congratulations, Edozie. Your SUV looks awesome, like it was never damaged.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Inception(m): 11:18am On Sep 12, 2014
CityNG:

I don't blame him.

Safe journey bro wink

grin
Re: Need A Panel beater by skyfall: 3:33pm On Sep 12, 2014
This is a very good job.
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
Impressive
Re: Need A Panel beater by chukel(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
Wonderful. I say wonderful!
Re: Need A Panel beater by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Coughed out 250k all because of a policeman,well all good
Thanks to all of you for your comments

(1) (2) (Reply)

Volkswagen Increases Sales Revenue And Profit In Nine Months / V6 Change To V4 How Possible? / Between An Hyundai Ix35 And Lexus Rx330. Which Is Better Option

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.