Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation (14416 Views)

3 OAU Students' Union Leaders Bag 14 Semesters Suspension / Great Ife Student Union Leaders Is Yet To Present Any Budget. / Breaking News - Lasu Regain Full Accreditation Back,sch Fees Hike Imminent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Danhumprey: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
Why have some people/students refuse to learn? The fact is,the leadership of this country's tertiary institutions are stone-hearted and kinda stubborn. They don't care about students protesting/rioting against one thing or the other. They will just keep quiet and watch the students riot,injure themselves,vandalise school properties and when they(the school leadership) feels that the situation has gotten out of hand,and security breakdown is imminent,they will just slam an indefinite suspension on school activities and close down the school. When the school is re-open,students will be ask to pay for all the damages done to school properties during their protest. And after that everything return to normal,as it was before the suspension. Little or nothing change.

From the look of things in Nigeria tertiary institutions,student unionism,protests/riots are just waste of time. It doesn't change anything.
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Jarchi(m): 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Gobe
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by damilare442: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
i look forward to a day when NIGERIAN YOUTHS WILL be free. from shackles, oppression and poverty. but that day seem too far away in d distance cos the aged n powerful dnt wanna give room 4 the young who they have termed "WEAK" . In other advanced countries, their fathers fought 4 justice n equity for their children but it seems the reverse will be the case here.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Aromas: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
kentus07: are we now back to military era?[/b]Yes oooooo under Jona
[b]It is now a crime to protest over hike in school fee
You no sabi b4
Minister of education should act very fast on this issue...... Dat yeye man wey dey prepare 4 2015 election?
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by shadowwalker101: 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
why thats impossible
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Aromas: 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
Danhumprey: Why have some people/students refuse to learn? The fact is,the leadership of this country's tertiary institutions are stone-hearted and kinda stubborn. They don't care about students protesting/rioting against one thing or the other. They will just keep quiet and watch the students riot,injure themselves,vandalise school properties and when they(the school leadership) feels that the situation has gotten out of hand,and security breakdown is imminent,they will just slam an indefinite suspension on school activities and close down the school. When the school is re-open,students will be ask to pay for all the damages done to school properties during their protest. And after that everything return to normal,as it was before the suspension. Little or nothing change.

From the look of things in Nigeria tertiary institutions,student unionism,protests/riots are just waste of time. It doesn't change anything.

What is the way out Oga?
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by rapmike(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Am not surprised, anyone that is familiar with Aluta thinz know that this is the trick they use. Close school down and when its opened bck, stop all union activities by proscription of the Union or suspending its principal officers

By the way, I hope SUG has not been banned.
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by 573V31D(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Almost there ...hei na wa o fp just go like dat ...why i even comment sef
btw... All dis management sef, dey had free education but den no want another persin get am...in pej's voice, there is...
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by mcpat(m): 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Davijunson: What can I say....Nigeria universities and fee hikes. I wonder why dey increase d fees jes like dat without anytin to show for it. Now some students are now being punished for protesting. Corruption has indeed built a Mansion in Naija...
If a reason for the increament is given and it is not contestable so be it but if it is not then i can understand the struggle.. The last time i checked students of the great ife pay one of the cheapest fees(federal unis).. Please enlighten me if i am wrong.
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
Another protest looms,the rustication should be reversed or the students boycott lectures #bringbackourSUG
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by SEYIKP(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
ALL THIS 2ND FEEDLE UNIVERSITY SHA.
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by neyur: 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
meforyou1: What does placing a student on probation mean? Didn't hear that all my stay in the university

it means, u ar to remain as partial student of d university.and if anytin arise, u may be discharge totally.
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Danhumprey: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
Aromas:
What is the way out Oga?
That's the most baffling question. This country is just one hell of a shìthole! Nothing seem to be functioning. Corruption is the cause of all these.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Davijunson: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
mcpat:
If a reason for the increament is given and it is not contestable so be it but if it is not then i can understand the struggle.. The last time i checked students of the great ife pay one of the cheapest fees(federal unis).. Please enlighten me if i am wrong.
I agree totally with you...but I don't know if any reason was given for the increase.
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Davijunson: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
SEYIKP: ALL THIS 2ND FEEDLE UNIVERSITY SHA.
first, it's fiddle not "feedle"...secondly, how is OAU a second fiddle university? I'm sure you don't know what you're talking about.

4 Likes

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Aromas: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
Danhumprey: That's the most baffling question. This country is just one hell of a shìthole! Nothing seem to be functioning. Corruption is the cause of all these.
Since we the Youths are silent n we keep looking @ dis fools day by day without any strict effort, so let d question remain till.....................
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by lekanolaolu: 6:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
This is gettin more interesting. Ibikunle nd d oda unions leaders on probation? Didn't the school management says something of such wouldn't happen?
Let's wait nd see what all these will end to.

1 Like

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by femimike1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
too bad

1 Like

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
I know that; is going to come to this far…. my fellow students of great IFE, we need more than a physical compact at this point spiritual compact will be a better option. Let's join our comrades in movement verily they had put their careers inline please united we stand devided we fall and shattered.

1 Like

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
This is why activism does not thrive in Nigeria and its leaders loot with impunity.

Fight against complacency and injustice.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by meforyou1(m): 6:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
neyur:

it means, u ar to remain as partial student of d university.and if anytin arise, u may be discharge totally.
wow, university administrators in Nigeria are devils

1 Like

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by nestaAK(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hmmm...

I borrow from marx because the ruling ideas are the ideas of the ruling class, even the most basic... Most famously rights are part of the system of bourgeois domination.

Student union is suppose to serve as a link between the student and the management as this is where student's interest can be championed... The case in Nigeria the su are actually in a scape goat position (translation they are there to ensure complianceby studend and not kick against management decision and policies, else!!)

2 Likes

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Ochibaisik(m): 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
Let the student protest again and if nothing is done about that,then they should take a new dimension.
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by neyur: 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
meforyou1: wow, university administrators in Nigeria are devils

lmao...
Nija lowa
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Danhumprey: 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
Aromas:
Since we the Youths are silent n we keep looking @ dis fools day by day without any strict effort, so let d question remain till.....................
Till Jesus comes.grin

You know that's ridiculous.
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Aromas: 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Danhumprey: Till Jesus comes.grin

You know that's ridiculous.

So who should take the lead?
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by Vickyboss(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
heykims: A country where anything nd everything goes, uncle Jona does similar thing at d top.
Besides, is there anything d OAU SAYS NO struggle has achieved so far?

it has only managed to achieve a paltry #3000 decrease in fees
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by hummerwise(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
And we keep blaming GEJ,,
How abt those in the post of little power...such as VC

A School wea lecturers turn theirself 2 God anyTym one has a alil problem with any of them....

Management and lecturer kip exploiting and playing with Student career since the reduction of cultism in that school, but they've 4gotten this same union fought for the liberation and freedom from opression...

The most painful thing is that, even the student will betray others instead of fighting for their right,,,
If we don't stand 4 the Union nw wen they need us...then we are not worthy 2 be called a great Ife student...

Let's stand for these guys now or face bigger oppression in the future from this evil management..

Permit me to step aside by saying...

Aluta continua..........

2 Likes

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by jgatherer(m): 7:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
Nawa o, so we protested and occupied roads and for that the ones that spearheaded the struggle should be expelled? So dictatorship has become the order of the day,they just want puppets who will take anything thrown at them hook,line and sinker.
I swear to God I'm tired of sitting at home buh Aluta Continua!
#oausaysnotovictimization

1 Like

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by dabossman(m): 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
I blame Fashola, Aregba and APC for this.

Oh wait, OAU is a federal university. Dang! I thought only APC governors were guilty of this school fees hike thing.

APC, PDP - Same noni!
Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by adadadon(m): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
Chai after protesting, Blocking OUI round about, Conveying 150 Buses, 2 Trucks getting shot at by presidential police yet they are suspending some of us.
VOTE GEJ out Now. Say No to Dictatorship

2 Likes

Re: OAU Fees Hike Struggle: Management Places Union Leaders On Probation by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
I remember the days of Saburi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILAG Students To Sue School Authority For Changing Their Courses / 100 Best Secondary Schools In Africa / BREAKING: Kidnappers Release VP, Teacher And Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.