Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,704 members, 7,955,660 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

Ice Bucket Challange - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ice Bucket Challange (683 Views)

Ice Bucket Challenge: Origin, Historical Background, Rules, Pics / Watch Davido, Genevieve Nnaji, Ice Prince And Others Do The Ice Bucket Challenge / Genevieve Joins Bill Gates, George Bush, Lady Gaga In Ice Bucket Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ice Bucket Challange by Tbillz(m): 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
I might be lagging behind in this social aspect "ice bucket challenge" which is currently a trend among top celebrities. Can someone please enlighten me on the sole purpose of the ice bucket challenge? Thank You!
Re: Ice Bucket Challange by richgang(m): 12:09am On Aug 22, 2014
Okay, there is this guy in USA who has a sickness called ALS, so there was no money for his operation and his friend thought of something night to raise money for him and he came about the ice bucket challenge and he said if he calls your name and you refuse to do the ice bucket challenge you will donate 100 dollars to his sick friend and those suffering for ALS, so he challenge the owner facebook and the owner of face book did it and the owner of facebook challenge Bill gate and bill gate did it and bill gate challenge some other big men and woman and so it went round and round till musicians and actor and actresses starting challenging each other, to cut it brief the ice bucket challenge is just a medium to create awareness and help those suffering from ALS, the guy that start the ALS challenge I heard he committed sucided cos he didn't want to be seeing his friend suffering from the illness, so celebrities took it upon them selves to help the sick dude with the ALS challenge by challenging each other and it went vira, thanks to Facebook and other social media, hope you understood from my little explanation ....

3 Likes

Re: Ice Bucket Challange by Dreal1247: 12:45am On Aug 22, 2014
I read of Genevieve calling on P-square for the ice challenge yesterday. It sounded funny.

(1) (Reply)

Uti Nwachukwu: “A Lady Wanted Quckie With Me In Toilet” / Beyonce, Jay Z & Blue Ivy Go House Hunting In Paris / ‘doro Tiwa’s A Cheerful Giver’ - Tee Billz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.