Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Advise Needed...automedics? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advise Needed...automedics? (1160 Views)

A Nairalander's Experience With Automedics Abuja / Please House I Need Where I Can Learn Automedics Diagnosis / AUTOMEDICS' Automotive Mechatronics Training Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise Needed...automedics? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dear All,

I recently had an accident with my Honda Pilot (2003) which resulted in the following:

1. Deployment of passenger and drivers side airbag
2. Damage to the seatbelt
3. Severe damage to the left side of the bumper and headlights on the left (driver's side)
4. Damage to lower arm and cross member (according to the mechanic)
5. Blow out of driver's side tyre
6. SRS light came on

Due to my haste and aggravation, I gave it to an untested autoshop owner in Isolo / Okota who was willing to come pick it up on the Sunday morning that the accident happened. The owner was full of promises to bring my car back to pristine condition. In all, I parted with N183,000. This was to fix the chassis, replace lights, airbags, bumper, underbumper, tyre and painting.

He failed...woefully. The airbags he "replaced" are so conspicuous (they look worn and ugly and don't even match with my dashboard), I suspect he even disconnected the lights, as I can no longer see the SRS light flash on ignition. He must have sewed up the torn airbag covers as well. I wonder if he even replaced the airbags! In addition, I now hear a funny sound from the engine area when accelerating. I don't know what else he did or failed to do. I'm so disappointed.

I'm ready to put this behind me and I'm thinking of going to Automedics at Agidingbi for them to have a thorough look at the car and bring it back to good (aesthetically pleasing) condition. I'm just tired of quacks.

Does anyone have any experience with Automedics? Please. If you guys need any more info on this, just ask.

Thanks all.
Re: Advise Needed...automedics? by mayor2013: 7:20am On Aug 23, 2014
Take your car down there. They are good

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Reset The Maintenance Light On A Toyota Camry / Where To Get A Good Car AC Professional In Abuja / In The Year 2050, The Rolls-royce Phantom Could Look Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.