Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers (1186 Views)

USED KIA SPORTAGE MINI JEEP PRICE REDUCED FROM 400 TO 200K / PRICE LIST ON CARS/BUSES/VANS/TRUCKS AT LOME PORT, TOGO (+22891222400) / Audi 90 (American Spec) For Sale 250k (Reduced to 200K) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers by FemakAuto(m): 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
Please can someone enlighten me on the rationale for paying customs at Apapa Terminal 150k to 200k on vehicles that are over 28days old at that terminal. This is an additional cash payment to customs officer releasing your shipment other than the duty paid to the Federal Government. They are holding a lot of importers car and demanding a lot of money. The customs at this terminal are claiming that any cars that are over 28days old at this terminal are overtime cargo. I have called the Abuja Office of the Nigerian Customs Service to confirm this information. I was told at the Abuja office that 90 days is the minimum for a shipment to be an overtime cargo. I was also told to contact the Nigerian Customs Public Relation Office.
This kind of thing will not happen anywhere in the world except Nigeria. Why are things so messed up in Nigeria?? No dignity and respect for the Country they claim to serve and protect or the Citizen of that Country.
Re: Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers by Carshopper(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
Same thing happened to me @ apapa terminal... still wondering the rationale behind it
Re: Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers by oliverjiad(m): 8:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Sirs that terminal/command is something else,nau Oga carshopper u nau believe it's true I neva rake or. extort money from u,neither do I wish and of which u pay 100k while Oga femak pay 150k,nah wah deres God ooo NCS,well it's a pity,its killing business,GOD help us

1 Like

Re: Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers by RoyalRoy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
What is the zonal comptroller saying? Nothing!!!! cry cry cry

I put a call to him earlier today cos I was really mad at my agent when he told me earlier today.

The zonal comptroller wasn't around but the secretary or whoever picked up said they aren't aware.

Just imagine?

So officers ay the terminal are taxing vehicles on their own volition?

Hopeful that by Monday the zonal comptroller must be aware and hoping they will deal decisively with the erring officers.

I don't blame the other shippers dropping their goods at Cotonou. Faster and cheaper to sort out.

Naija which way?
Re: Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers by FemakAuto(m): 12:50am On Aug 23, 2014
We need to start a Campaign against the Nigerian Customs online on twitter, facebook and on every social website before this ruthless people destroy our Country. They need to hear our complain because one thing about we Nigerians is, we don't complain.
Am starting my own campaign against HOEGH AUTOLINERS in the United State. They are the only shipping company that goes to Apapa. If they want to do business in Nigeria, they have to be concerned about the financial pain we go through everyday at Apapa port.
Please, every Nigerian in US and Canada that ship cars and Cargo through Hoegh Autoliners in the United State should stop patronising this company. Stop sending your cars through them to Nigeria. There are a lot of other company you can deal with. Their shipping charges are ridiculously high and they are not concerned in any way to what is going at their terminal.
DO NOT SHIP THROUGH HOEGH AUTOLINER TO APAPA PORT UNTIL SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT THE EXTORTION GOING ON AT APAPA PORT BY NIGERIAN CUSTOMS!!!!!!!!PLS BOYCOTT THIS COMPANY!!!!!!
PLS PASS THIS INFORMATION TO EVERY NIGERIAN YOU KNOW IN US AND CANADA!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers by FemakAuto(m): 1:57am On Aug 24, 2014
WHY WHY WHY
Re: Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers by oliverjiad(m): 5:48am On Aug 24, 2014
Please importers do the fighting in time ooo bcus this customs have destroyed many business oooo
Re: Why Are Customs At Apapa Terminal Demanding 150k To 200k On Cars From Importers by sheffyUTD(m): 7:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Bizarre stuffs go on there!

When a prospective client told me his agent told him that 28 days is overtime as against general 90days, I was dumbfounded because I never experienced such in the said terminal.

Same way, they choose their own way of valuation. You can't be certain of anything. Bunch of hungary midget lipsrsealed

Guess the campaign is long over due.

(1) (Reply)

Volkwagen Golf 3(direct From Germany) Tokunbo @ N500k pere / Outstanding Glamour Dis Xmas Neatest Toyota Camry Bigdady 790k / Toks. Toyota Camry '01 Drop Lite, Fabric, Ac, And Perfect Working Engine @950k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.