Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? - Top Pages - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Recycle Bin / Top Pages / Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? (1040 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
0. Nairaland

1. Premiumtimes

2. Vanguard

3. Punch

4. Guardian

5. Leaadership

6. AIT

7. Channels

8. NTA

9. The Nation

10. TheCable

11. RSTV

12. Tribune

13. The Sun

14. Daily Independent

15. Daily post

16. National mirror

17. Linda Ikeji blog
feel free to add others if any.....
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
The Guardian
Channels - 'Oga at d top' interview: ww.nscdc, yes, so, datsall. grin
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
For authentic investigative journalism I will go with PREMIUMTIMES.
For my number one information on diverse topics I will go with NAIRALAND
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 10:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tazmode: The Guardian
Channels - 'Oga at d top' interview: ww.nscdc, yes, so, datsall. grin
hahahaha still remember that "my oga at the top" man
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Aitee1: 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
AIT! But you'll first get the rumour on nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by samuelson06(m): 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
I love Nairaland.

#myfirstpost smiley #
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by romzyxy(m): 10:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
i still respect channels n sun news.dem b baba
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by tobillionaire(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
mtcheeeeew! None of d above. Even BBC africa will broadcast latest nd genuine news b4 channels d only station dat is trying do

1 Like

Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
Aitee1: AIT! But you'll first get the rumour on nairaland grin
hmmmm I hear you
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 10:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
samuelson06: I love Nairaland.

#myfirstpost smiley #
welcome to the NL family of more than a million strong member
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by mrking3(m): 11:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Chanels tv ... is my no One source of reliable and credible news!

Would have choosen Nairaland first, but most of the news on Nairaland is subject to confirmation! Hence you see most news headlines end with (?) But truth is, I will fall sick if I don't visit nairaland a day!!

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by abdulaz: 5:53am On Aug 23, 2014
What about sharia Sahara reporters?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by danot1030: 6:01am On Aug 23, 2014
Aitee1: AIT! But you'll first get the rumour on nairaland grin
aIT is partisan so is always partial with news and the news it delivers about the party against its affiliation cannot be authentic
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by danot1030: 6:03am On Aug 23, 2014
Premium News, Channel, Punch, Nairaland.
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 6:16am On Aug 23, 2014
mrking3: Chanels tv ... is my no One source of reliable and credible news!

Would have choosen Nairaland first, but most of the news on Nairaland is subject to confirmation! Hence you see most news headlines end with (?) But truth is, I will fall sick if I don't visit nairaland a day!!
just like my friend says he visits NL on a 30mins basis

1 Like

Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Nobody: 6:37am On Aug 23, 2014
fun4: For authentic investigative journalism I will go with PREMIUMTIMES.
For my number one information on diverse topics I will go with NAIRALAND
Grrrrrhhhh , PremiumTimes is the worst of all ...infact investigative journalism is the least value of PremiumTimes .... I have them on my FB ,if not for Information both poor and Good, PremiumTimes' would be the least article I wanna read !

I see myself becoming part of CHANNELS TV in the future as an INVESTOR .... Ise oluwaaaa ko le baje ooo ....

Mere seeing Maope , Chamberlain and/or Sulaiman ..... I know the news shall be Authentic and naturally reviewed !!

Licking ChannelsTV since year '0' !

1 Like

Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by samuelson06(m): 6:41am On Aug 23, 2014
fun4: welcome to the NL family of more than a million strong member

Thanks so much.
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 23, 2014
mrking3: Chanels tv ... is my no One source of reliable and credible news!

Nairaland is a secondary source of news rarely Originate news unless a member is privy to such occurence and such a person's report won't be takened serious unless corroborated by established media/source ..... Taking the grace of first priviledged away from members !

Infact you will be asked ''source'' by fellow members !

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 23, 2014
danot1030: aIT is partisan so is always partial with news and the news it delivers about the party against its affiliation cannot be authentic
In the whole of AIT , the only people with Authentic news is Gbenga Aruleba , Imoni Amarere and one/two more ....

AIT is a vendor for highest bidder, pay their fees and u see all their crew singing your praise and Offend/sabotage Dokpesi , they will sing your downfall with their attackers : Gbenga aruleba is a good tool here ! grin I love him sha !
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Nobody: 6:49am On Aug 23, 2014
tobillionaire: mtcheeeeew! None of d above. Even BBC africa will broadcast latest nd genuine news b4 channels d only station dat is trying do
while also brainwashing to think the whole of Africa is a slum ! Beware of what you watch ! cheesy
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by reedonne: 8:04am On Aug 23, 2014
donroxy: Grrrrrhhhh , PremiumTimes is the worst of all ...infact investigative journalism is the least value of PremiumTimes .... I have them on my FB ,if not for Information both poor and Good, PremiumTimes' would be the least article I wanna read !

I see myself becoming part of CHANNELS TV in the future as an INVESTOR .... Ise oluwaaaa ko le baje ooo ....

Mere seeing Maope , Chamberlain and/or Sulaiman ..... I know the news shall be Authentic and naturally reviewed !!

Who report OBJ's secret letter, investigative report on human traffiking etc.
Who won the award for the best investigative third world media?.
And who have always win the Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalist(WSCIJ) award
Maybe you should look at the list of winner of the 2013 edition WSCIJ award.
http://www.wscij.org/award/2013/honours-for-journalists-at-the-wole-soyinka-centre-investigative-reporting-awards.php
Premium times is certainly the best in investigative journalism
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 23, 2014
reedonne:
ttp://www.wscij.org/award/2013/honours-for-journalists-at-the-wole-soyinka-centre-investigative-reporting-awards.php
Nairalanders sha ,

The way you posted that link I thought premiumTimes was exclusively awarded by Baba Wole Soyinka Investigative Journalism not knowing that PremiumTimes' Journalist was 'merely' among the chosen and awarded !!

Who awarded premiumTimes as best Investigative third world media ? grin ... Even Nigeria .. Where Guardian and Vanguard even My Punch dey ?

I would love to know that International Organisation that ranked premium time best ?

Obj's secret letter was primarily sourced by premiumTimes ? (IDK oo but is that real ?) .

I don't like that media sha and most Nigeria's NewsPaperMedia always stating '' a reliable source who pleaded anonymity because he is not authorised to speak on the matter'' grin

The above is what is tagged investigative Journalism ?

An Headline of PremiumTime be like :

BUHARI STEPPED DOWN FOR ATIKU

'' a reliable source who pleaded anonymity because he is not authorised to speak on the matter'' gave them the information ... grin

Tomorrow :

BUHARI IS THE FLAGBEARER OF APC 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

quoting same hishhh :

'' a reliable source who pleaded anonymity because he is not authorised to speak on the matter'' gave them the information ... grin

abegii bro : Channels has TV for Newspaper na Guardian/Vanguard/Punch respectively and Nairaland has forum even when you posted falsehood on Nairaland , there will always be a member to clear your doubt !!
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 12:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
donroxy: Grrrrrhhhh , PremiumTimes is the worst of all ...infact investigative journalism is the least value of PremiumTimes .... I have them on my FB ,if not for Information both poor and Good, PremiumTimes' would be the least article I wanna read !

okay sir
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
samuelson06:

Thanks so much.
you are welcome
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
donroxy: Nairaland is a secondary source of news rarely Originate news unless a member is privy to such occurence and such a person's report won't be takened serious unless corroborated by established media/source ..... Taking the grace of first priviledged away from members !

Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
donroxy: Nairaland is a secondary source of news rarely Originate news unless a member is privy to such occurence and such a person's report won't be takened serious unless corroborated by established media/source ..... Taking the grace of first priviledged away from members !

one thing I haave come to like about NAIRALAND is that it is confluence medium that you will fill almost all the day's news making headlines. Even the ones you seldom fine in those widely read newspapers
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2014

one thing I have come to like about NAIRALAND is that it is a confluence medium that you will find almost all the day's news making headlines. Even the ones you seldom fine in those widely read newspapers
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by fun4: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
reedonne:
Who report OBJ's secret letter, investigative report on human traffiking etc.
Who won the award for the best investigative third world media?.
And who have always win the Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalist(WSCIJ) award
Maybe you should look at the list of winner of the 2013 edition WSCIJ award.
http://www.wscij.org/award/2013/honours-for-journalists-at-the-wole-soyinka-centre-investigative-reporting-awards.php
Premium times is certainly the best in investigative journalism
thanxamillion
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by reedonne: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2014
donroxy: Nairalanders sha ,

The way you posted that link I thought premiumTimes was exclusively awarded by Baba Wole Soyinka Investigative Journalism not knowing that PremiumTimes' Journalist was 'merely' among the chosen and awarded !!

Who awarded premiumTimes as best Investigative third world media ? grin ... Even Nigeria .. Where Guardian and Vanguard even My Punch dey ?

I would love to know that International Organisation that ranked premium time best ?

Obj's secret letter was primarily sourced by premiumTimes ? (IDK oo but is that real ?) .

I don't like that media sha and most Nigeria's NewsPaperMedia always stating '' a reliable source who pleaded anonymity because he is not authorised to speak on the matter'' grin

The above is what is tagged investigative Journalism ?

An Headline of PremiumTime be like :

BUHARI STEPPED DOWN FOR ATIKU

Tomorrow :

BUHARI IS THE FLAGBEARER OF APC 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

quoting same hishhh :

abegii bro : Channels has TV for Newspaper na Guardian/Vanguard/Punch respectively and Nairaland has forum even when you posted falsehood on Nairaland , there will always be a member to clear your doubt !!
These are the list of the awards 1)Adeyemi Adesomoju (Punch), Emmanuel Ogala (premium timesy and Ayoola Kassim (channels) recieve commendation certificate for their efforts 2)Local category: Bassey Udo(Premium times) 3)Asukwo Bassey's drawing won the catoon category (Published by businessday) 4)Temitayo Famutimi (punch) win print edition While Elijah's work published by Standard national magazine was runner-up 5) Rouno agbroko meyer and Inni ekot(both from premium times) won the online category while tobore ovuoere of premium times was runner up 6)Aderonke Ogunleye of premium times won the sport category 7)Investigative reporter of the year goes to the team of Agbroko-Meyer and Ini Ekott of premium times. 5 premium times reporter or 3 journalist and a team of 2 journalist won atleast one category. Punch have 2 journalist, others have just one journalist.
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by reedonne: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
http://oneworldmedia.org.uk/winners Donroxy
One World Media give premium times the award for outstanding third world media.
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
reedonne: These are the list of the awards 1)Adeyemi Adesomoju (Punch), Emmanuel Ogala (premium timesy and Ayoola Kassim (channels) recieve commendation certificate for their efforts 2)Local category: Bassey Udo(Premium times) 3)Asukwo Bassey's drawing won the catoon category (Published by businessday) 4)Temitayo Famutimi (punch) win print edition While Elijah's work published by Standard national magazine was runner-up 5) Rouno agbroko meyer and Inni ekot(both from premium times) won the online category while tobore ovuoere of premium times was runner up 6)Aderonke Ogunleye of premium times won the sport category 7)Investigative reporter of the year goes to the team of Agbroko-Meyer and Ini Ekott of premium times. 5 premium times reporter or 3 journalist and a team of 2 journalist won atleast one category. Punch have 2 journalist, others have just one journalist.
Ok I'm convinced !!

I will start reading premiumTimes now with love and Zeal .... Thanks cheesy
Re: Which Of These News Media Give Authentic News And Information To Nigerians? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
reedonne: http://oneworldmedia.org.uk/winners Donroxy
One World Media give premium times the award for outstanding third world media.
Rilwan , I'm convinced already !!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Creativity Too Bad!!! Photo Of The Day, Too Funny / Nairaland Portfolio For Logo Designers / IPOB Attacks: SE Indigenes Avoid Christmas Trips Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.