Stats: 3,194,238 members, 7,953,895 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:29 AM

What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? (2648 Views)

What Car Can 800k Get Me / Confused on what car to buy?Do You Need A Car In Edo And Delta State or around? / If I Have A Budget Of #600,000 What Car Can I Get For That Offer? (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 27, 2014
Bossforeva: k bro.. What if one pays for extra luggage?

So lets assume that we are going to do this for now.

Please send the details promised earlier.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by grimadult(m): 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

Did your car come stock with Brembos or you are looking for a complete conversion kit?

Please specify the model and trim.

no sir,it came with stock acura tl calipers and rotors. am looking at converting to brembo. car is a 1999 Acura TL 3.2(J32)
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 27, 2014
grimadult:

no sir,it came with stock acura tl calipers and rotors. am looking at converting to brembo. car is a 1999 Acura TL 3.2(J32)

Do you really think you NEED this on this car?
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
the truth is that i'll need this american SUV to run my tech startup and i'll like a little tuning that's why am going after the wheels.
the money for it all, will be after signing a globacom deal by november-december and i dn't know how convenient this will be in terms of time space for collection and payment. it is an AVENUE A603 which can be found here http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/SearchSite.cfm?Search=&SizeFilter=24

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 28, 2014
grimadult:

I was certain that I wouldn't find an application for your car but shiver me timbers there is one.

You have a choice, slotted or drilled, they are both $2,736.50 just for caliper and rotor at https://artofautobraking.com/index.php?_route_=Brembo_1A1.6015A_Drilled_Front&filter_name=

There's no way you're going to convince me that this is necessary in Nigeria.

But there you go. I would change the wheel bearings, brake hoses and any sensors while I'm down there if it was my car.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 28, 2014
Bossforeva: the truth is that i'll need this american SUV to run my tech startup and i'll like a little tuning that's why am going after the wheels.
the money for it all, will be after signing a globacom deal by november-december and i dn't know how convenient this will be in terms of time space for collection and payment. it is an AVENUE A603 which can be found here http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/SearchSite.cfm?Search=&SizeFilter=24

No worries.

I will report back once I interview the shipper but I suspect this wouldn't be a problem.

So I'll get back to you next week.

Congratulations and good luck on your impending deal. I'm happy to hear of you guys getting successful in Nigeria, a very harsh environment to do any sort of business.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 28, 2014
bimbor: @City I need me Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor oil 5w-20 3 gallons 5qt each. What say you?

I can get this in quart bottles, 6 bottles to a box, enough to do an oil change with top ups.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 28, 2014
Marpol:

XE, 4WD, V6

Can you confirm that it's 4 pieces, left and right upstream and left and right downstream.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by sultaan(m): 1:57am On Aug 28, 2014
People there is serpentine belt, spark plugs, cabin air filter tire gages, tool sets. Rainx, throttle body cleaner, fuel filters, blank keys .

Get your service items.

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 2:17am On Aug 28, 2014
sultaan: People there is serpentine belt, spark plugs, cabin air filter tire gages, tool sets. Rainx, throttle body cleaner, fuel filters, blank keys .

Get your service items.

Sultaan, I'm going to send an email request to you as I would like to pick your brains on something.

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by grimadult(m): 2:58am On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

I was certain that I wouldn't find an application for your car but shiver me timbers there is one.

You have a choice, slotted or drilled, they are both $2,736.50 just for caliper and rotor at https://artofautobraking.com/index.php?_route_=Brembo_1A1.6015A_Drilled_Front&filter_name=

There's no way you're going to convince me that this is necessary in Nigeria.

But there you go. I would change the wheel bearings, brake hoses and any sensors while I'm down there if it was my car.

thanks once again sir,the main reason why i wanted the Brembo is that i travel a lot (port harcourt to minna) and in the space of 3-4 months i always have to service my car(oil change and brake pads). was thinking of converting cause of the durability of the brembo. would send you a pm sir so we can discuss more and also your advice. thanks and God bless.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 3:39am On Aug 28, 2014
grimadult:

thanks once again sir,the main reason why i wanted the Brembo is that i travel a lot (port harcourt to minna) and in the space of 3-4 months i always have to service my car(oil change and brake pads). was thinking of converting cause of the durability of the brembo. would send you a pm sir so we can discuss more and also your advice. thanks and God bless.

Sure, I'll look forward to your email.

Let's see if Siena will chime in.

I've always felt that Brembos and other high performance brake stuff are great for stopping power as well as good for repeated braking applications such as in racing.

I wouldn't think that they would be good for endurance per see.

If it were my car I would replace with stock Acura rotors (if the existing ones are not stock or out of spec) and then go with good ceramic pads.

Stock rotors are $88 each and I recommend Akebono premium ceramic pads at $50 per wheel. Certainly will give you the stopping power you need as well as longevity since the rotors will not be drilled or slotted.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 28, 2014
Bossforeva: I'll need an angel eye headlamp and light smoke LED taillight for an 09 highlander. Will ost pics later.
I'll also need four set of an R24 rims with compatible tyres. I'll post the link to the one i want exactly.

Without stating what vehicle you intend to use these wheels for, how can anyone know what tyres will be compatible?

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Marpol: 8:23am On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

Can you confirm that it's 4 pieces, left and right upstream and left and right downstream.

It is. If you can get me the serpentine belt too I would appreciate it.

If you can get the struts too I would be very grateful.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Siena:

Without stating what vehicle you intend to use these wheels for, how can anyone know what tyres will be compatible?
i earlier stated an 09 highlander sir.. Meanwhile, which would choose btw a 08 Highlander and a 08 Explorer?
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by jukeblam(m): 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
CityNG:

I missed this.

Please elaborate.

It's a paint spray that can be used on wheels, badges, chrome, grille or even the whole car. Though not used for high temp areas- like engine cover and brake calipers/drums.

It gives a protective and long-lasting coating, while changing the color- and it holds up well against abrasions et al.

Plus, it can be peeled off if one gets bored with the look/color.

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 28, 2014
jukeblam:

It's a paint spray that can be used on wheels, badges, chrome, grille or even the whole car. Though not used for high temp areas- like engine cover and brake calipers/drums.

It gives a protective and long-lasting coating, while changing the color- and it holds up well against abrasions et al.

Plus, it can be peeled off if one gets bored with the look/color.

So it's like a spray paint from an aerosol can?

If so then sure we can do that.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2014
bimbor: @City I need me Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor oil 5w-20 3 gallons 5qt each. What say you?

i have. contact me thru tumababa247@yahoo.com or 2AF69725
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Guys, just in case you missed my other thread.

Another Nairalander is offering what I think is good shipping (actually offered free shipping on some stuff - wow)

https://www.nairaland.com/1856615/shop-u.s-ebay-amazon-3.95

So if you need car stuff and you have Naija PayPal you can just order direct from any US site and ship to him in Houston for onward delivery to you in Naija and even to your doorstep.

I can also facilitate ordering stuff for you and having it delivered to him for you but that will incur a service charge for my efforts (Man must wak now).
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by grimadult(m): 12:18am On Sep 06, 2014
CityNG:

Sure, I'll look forward to your email.

Let's see if Siena will chime in.

I've always felt that Brembos and other high performance brake stuff are great for stopping power as well as good for repeated braking applications such as in racing.

I wouldn't think that they would be good for endurance per see.

If it were my car I would replace with stock Acura rotors (if the existing ones are not stock or out of spec) and then go with good ceramic pads.

Stock rotors are $88 each and I recommend Akebono premium ceramic pads at $50 per wheel. Certainly will give you the stopping power you need as well as longevity since the rotors will not be drilled or slotted.

thanks for your kind input once again sir,advice taken. God bless.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
So I've finalized my research and decided on the OBD2 scanner that I'm going to offer.

So it's one thing to scan and clear codes but it's another thing to get live data. With live data you can plug in and drive your car and capture data as you drive. This should, still requires some learning and troubleshooting skills, give you a better idea on whats going on when the fault occurs. I think this is a good lblend from the basic cheapie code scanner/clearer and the bog boys laptop based systems.

This is a good investment that you can keep and use from car to car. Or increase the value of your car that you're selling by including this with it.

https://www.nairaland.com/1907838/cityng-maxiscan-ms509-obd2-scanner#26385501

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by grimadult(m): 12:29am On Sep 18, 2014
good day sir,have been thinking and i have come up with what i would want. its a complete set of LED bulbs for the conversion of my 1999 Acura TL Dashboard light from the boring factory greenish yellow bulbs. would want the LED's in blue. i know there are different sizes of the bulbs eg,T5,T3 T4. don't know all but i believe you do. i pray this one is possible.

cheers sir.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by beryour(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello All,

Recent diagnosis on my Honda Pilot 2004 EX shows i need to get the following parts...please who can advice where and how to get them and also the prices:

1. Air/Fuel Ratio Sensors
2. Knock Sensors
3. EVAP Solenoid.
4. Charcoal Canister.

mcstevens8@yahoo.com
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
beryour: Hello All,

Recent diagnosis on my Honda Pilot 2004 EX shows i need to get the following parts...please who can advice where and how to get them and also the prices:

1. Air/Fuel Ratio Sensors
2. Knock Sensors
3. EVAP Solenoid.
4. Charcoal Canister.

mcstevens8@yahoo.com

In my opinion if you're going to go through the trouble of importing parts from the US you may as well just order factory OEM from dealers. The parts will last longer and you'll be guaranteed that it'll fit and work on your car.

So simply Google Honda dealers in US that have an online shop and have the goods shipped to LSM Global. See this thread for additional details on LSM Global and there shipping from Houston to Nigeria and including your doorstep.

https://www.nairaland.com/1856615/shop-u.s-ebay-amazon-3.85

Some online Honda parts sellers (no affiliation at all)

http://www.hondapartscheap.com/
http://estore.honda.com/
http://www.bernardiparts.com/honda-parts.aspx

If you'll rather not bother and prefer someone to do the legwork for you (just have the parts delivered to your doorstep in Nigeria) then you may consider my concierge services.

Thank you.

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by TCD: 8:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Hello, How much will you get Toyota Type IV transmission fluid down to nigeria?
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 27, 2014
TCD: Hello, How much will you get Toyota Type IV transmission fluid down to nigeria?

Frankly the best way is to order direct and ship via ChinoSXL.

There will be a concierge fee if I do the ordering and some people seem not to understand that.

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by beryour(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
CityNG: I'm planning a return trip to Nigeria in a few months.

What do car guys need that I can bring to sell that is not readily available in Nigeria?

I can dedicate 25 pounds of luggage towards this so unfortunately no turbo kits and such grin

Can you please get Air/fuel ratio sensors(2), knock sensors(2), EVAP solenoid and Charcoal canister for Honda pilot 2004 EX
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
I need a Logic7 amp for BMW E64. Any leads?

Very Clean Mazda 323F Coupe @ 210k Only SOLD / SOLD!!!!!!!!!!Used Honda Babyboy For Quick Sale nw 340k / A Nigerian Used 2005 Model Toyota Rav4 For Sale....

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53