Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

NYSC Orientation Camp Experience: Service To The Nation Or Sheer Wickedness? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Orientation Camp Experience: Service To The Nation Or Sheer Wickedness? (1127 Views)

Corps Member Dies At Enugu Orientation Camp / Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Orientation Camp Experience: Service To The Nation Or Sheer Wickedness? by oluchijud(f): 1:03am On Aug 23, 2014
It was drizzling at exactly 1am
yesterday when fire alarm was
sounded at Keffi camp Nasarawa.
Corp members scampered out of
their hostel to the parade ground
as was the normal routine. At the
soldiers' command, we knelt on the
wet ground.Few minutes later, it
started pouring heavily. D soldiers
didnt even blink nor put into
consideration d fact that the
punished were putting on just
white shorts n polo while d
soldiers had on their rain coats. Abt
20mins into d punishment time,a
guy slumped. As he was being
carried out of d parade ground, d camp
commandant ordered that he
should be left to lie on the ground n
doused with a bucket of water .. Same was done to
another guy.. I was a member of d
second platoon out of 10 dat was
released by 3am. Graduates were
left kneeling on a wet ground
under a heavy downpour for more
than two hours in the name of
NYSC camp orientation.. Is this part
of service to the nation? Are
soldiers entitled to treating
graduates/corp members like
animals because they chose to
serve their nation? Are soldiers not
subject to the law?.. I really need
answers. If one of those guys had
died last night, what will nigeria tell
his parents? I dnt knw if this
happens in other camps because it
needs to be curtailed. If this is the
way to serve nigeria, den there
really is no use for the exercise.
Prospective Nasarawa Batch C corp
member, prepare ur mind.
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Experience: Service To The Nation Or Sheer Wickedness? by Nobody: 1:37am On Aug 23, 2014
My cousin serving in Abia complains everyday of the poor state of the food. The soup according to him is next to water.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Experience: Service To The Nation Or Sheer Wickedness? by orlaryhincah(m): 2:16am On Aug 23, 2014
While I was in camp a rep from the DG let us understood that must of the things we're passing through were purposefully imposed on us food, water not constant, and other unnecessary stuffs too even the allowee. In the name of endurance and having feelings of the hard times but I think the one you stated above is kinda uncommon cause 2hrs is just too much, I had similar experience in camp too, two days to the ending date at about 2am we were being forced out to go sit beside a sock-away for about 20mins, just imagine the kinda mosquitoes around there though. But pls just endure and be patient cause at the stage there's nothing one can do than to accept it that way, I wish you a stress free and happy stay in camp. Oyo 14A
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Experience: Service To The Nation Or Sheer Wickedness? by temmyt20(m): 3:45am On Aug 23, 2014
na when u comot camp u go kno say camp dey interesting. u sure wld miss it......osun state 13c
Re: NYSC Orientation Camp Experience: Service To The Nation Or Sheer Wickedness? by suyamasta(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
@oluchijud im a C14 hopeful and what u experienced is indeed a
very sad one! which should never occur in a sane and humanistic society! sorry about the evil treatment from the bad eggs in our society!
but how are u finding the whole nysc experience now?

(1) (Reply)

Plz Wen Is D Nxt Batch? / Solution To U-report Text Wahala / Bidapoly 2013 Nysc Batch B Mobilization List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.