Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt (1320 Views)

New Year Train Ride From Portharcourt To Enugu (Pics Inside) / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 23, 2014
I was born and brought up in portharcourt and in my early 20's. I just finished my nysc in June 2014. Am tired of job hunting in portharcourt as I've not gotten any job since I finished serving. I have this feeling I'll surely make it in Lagos with my B.SC in finance and Banking,but the problem here is that I don't have anyone in Lagos to stay with in the cause of my job search.feeding is not a problem as I can feed myself,the problem is only where to lay my head. Please my good people I need your advice or assistance. No insults please in the name of God.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 23, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]10 views yet no reply? Please talk to me people.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by ayogabriel(m): 6:01am On Aug 23, 2014
Bro, I move between lagos and port harcourt, I just graduated yet to serve and my little knowledge of lagos and ph, I feel you will have more opportunities in ph, lagos is very congested, ph is still fresh, u can still get something else to do pending the job search, send in CVs, check guardian tuesdays, even on nairaland here I still see job vacancies in ph. Good luck bro.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by echobee(f): 7:00am On Aug 23, 2014
U re welcome in d name of d lord

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2014
Bro am tired of the mama thank you thing. Almost all interview invite I get come from Lagos, I remember I,ve travelled twice for an entry test. The 1st one I got a regret mail from standard chartered bank and the second I wrote some weeks back and result is yet to show,which is Mansard insurance plc.I believe I will make it in Lagos
ayogabriel: Bro, I move between lagos and port harcourt, I just graduated yet to serve and my little knowledge of lagos and ph, I feel you will have more opportunities in ph, lagos is very congested, ph is still fresh, u can still get something else to do pending the job search, send in CVs, check guardian tuesdays, even on nairaland here I still see job vacancies in ph. Good luck bro.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by ayogabriel(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2014
I like your spirit, as far as you believe. Best of luck.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2014
Thanks brotherly,I need people like you who can encourage and give someone hope. My problem is that I don't have anyone in that Lagos.my frnds there are still staying with people.....
ayogabriel: I like your spirit, as far as you believe. Best of luck.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Henix(m): 8:36am On Aug 23, 2014
Having lived in Lag and currently living in Ph, i will categorically say dat Lag holds a better job availability, if u are a whitecollar job minded type. Ph is more of a virgin city, with couple of investment potential for an entrepreneur, most especially in real estate sector. kindly note d following while making d relocation plan to Lag: make an ADEQUATE plan for accommodation, do not hope on any one, for none will rarely help u, including d so called relatives. life in Lag is relatively cheaper than in Ph, talk of transport, feeding, clothing. One thing i like most abt Lag is its fastness nature, it keeps one sharp and alert, though it comes with its stress. Whether Lag, ph, Akwa Ibom,etc, just hav a mindset dat u can make it anywhere. Wishin u all d best in ur quest

1 Like

Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Thanks bro, you just spoke well like a mentor..... How much can I get a self contain apartment in ajah,jakunde,igbo efon and some close area in Lagos?
Henix: Having lived in Lag and currently living in Ph, i will categorically say dat Lag holds a better job availability, if u are a whitecollar job minded type. Ph is more of a virgin city, with couple of investment potential for an entrepreneur, most especially in real estate sector. kindly note d following while making d relocation plan to Lag: make an ADEQUATE plan for accommodation, do not hope on any one, for none will rarely help u, including d so called relatives. life in Lag is relatively cheaper than in Ph, talk of transport, feeding, clothing. One thing i like most abt Lag is its fastness nature, it keeps one sharp and alert, though it comes with its stress. Whether Lag, ph, Akwa Ibom,etc, just hav a mindset dat u can make it anywhere. Wishin u all d best in ur quest
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by ayogabriel(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
tebirim: Thanks brotherly,I need people like you who can encourage and give someone hope. My problem is that I don't have anyone in that Lagos.my frnds there are still staying with people.....
I understand what u mean, its my sis that is staying in lag, she has a little girl, and she's over protective .... I think you can fill in the gap there .But your friends can know someone that knows someone that could help.
Re: Relocating To Lagos From Portharcourt by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
I keep asking them and yet same story...if its God's will I'll find someone that will accommodate me even of its a month before I can find a place of my own. All the same bro, thanks.
ayogabriel: I understand what u mean, its my sis that is staying in lag, she has a little girl, and she's over protective .... I think you can fill in the gap there .But your friends can know someone that knows someone that could help.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria To Canada With US GC / 7 Most Dangerous Airports In The World / Germany: To Leave Or To Stay?,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.