Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,112 members, 7,821,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria (8195 Views)

Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria / Top 10 Most Marketable University Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by luigiajah(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2014
10. Mass Communication/
Journalism:
Mass Communication will
remain a marketable because not
many Universities do it, but many
institutions need it. The downside is,
journalism is not seen as exclusive
preserve of MassComm graduates, as
graduates of almost any course are
recruited by news outfits. Yet, the
course still stands a decent chance.
9. Law: Maybe the supply is fast
outstripping demand and affecting
pricing, Law has declined in economic
value. However, it remains a Top 10
course. Whether you decide to
practice or go into corporate world, or
you decide to go into allied things like
real estate agency, you still stand a
decent chance of earning decent
income with a Law degree.
8. Nursing/Laboratory
Science:
Nurses don’t earn mouth-
watering pay, but they are hardly
jobless. I see Nurses change jobs like
clothes. Hospitals and clinics –
private
and public – are springing up
everyday, and a medium size clinic
needs at least 4 Nurses. Some may
have as much as 20. Same goes with
Lab scientists, although in lower
demand.
7. Mechanical, Electrical & other
related Engineering
courses:
Engineering courses
generally sell in the oil and gas
industry. In addition these courses are
also asked for in other major
industries.
6. Economics/Accounting/
Finance:
The good thing about
Economics is that it fits into many
roles. I hesitated to include
Accounting
here because Accounting degree
alone
without professional qualifications is
not usually so helpful; however, I
included it because I expect the
accounting graduate to do the needful
of writing professional examinations
after his degree. Even without
professional qualifications, you can
still get a decent job with Accounting
degree only in the many small to
medium scale firms that require the
services of accounting graduates.
Finance is another great course. The
three courses, sometimes alongside
Management and Business
Administration, are usually in hot
demand, although supply still exceed
demand and many graduates of these
courses are still jobless.
5. Computer Science/Computer
Engineering/IT courses
: IT
professionals are in hot demand the
world over. Nigeria is not different.
With special IT skills, your chance is
even brighter. The downside is,
anybody can learn IT skills, even if he
doesn’t study computer engineering.
4. Geology: It is also a course that
places you in good position to
penetrate the much-sought-after oil
industry.
3. Chemical/Petroleum
Engineering:
These courses have the
potential to fetch you the fattest pay
check after graduation because the
companies that ask for them are those
that pay heavily – the oil companies.
2. Estate Management/Architecture/
Building/Survey/Civil Engineering:
A
degree in any of these courses places
you in a good position for self-
employment. Even from school,
Architecture students make money
drawing plans for people. We consider
these courses the second most
marketable courses in Nigeria.
1. Medicine: Medicine may not earn
you N500k per month at entry level,
but it is the course that guarantees
you
job the most. I have never come
across a jobless medical doctor. The
pay may not be as heavy as the
Chemical engineering guy in the IOC,
but you are guaranteed of better-
than-
average income as a doctor. Medicine
is number 1 on our list.
Most importantly, I share the opinion
of this gentleman that it is you, and
hardly your course of study, that
matters in marketing yourself... http:// http://skyreloadz.tk/forum2_theme_110758716.xhtml?tema=56

7 Likes

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by datbay(m): 7:38am On Aug 23, 2014
u think so?
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2014
Nothing to say.
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2014
Op arrange it well na. Bolden up the courses
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by 573V31D(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2014
Wel researched...
But what happens to theology...hv u ever seen a jobless pastor?

15 Likes

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by alotofgrace(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2014
i never saw zoology...they can be the GCFR undecided

gud am and happy weekend

4 Likes

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 23, 2014
Very biased list sad
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by luigiajah(m): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2014
Tazmode: Very biased list sad
how
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by adeoladrg(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2014
You've never seen a Jobless medical doctor? Okay I've seen plenty.. Myriad of them! Geology, this list has to be a joke!

1 Like

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Olalan(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2014
I think Pharmacy should also be on this list, most pharmacist get jobs almost immediately after school.

5 Likes

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Victomolola: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2014
Waiting for nairalanders' affirmative and refutation comments--- with bias towards their course of study!!!
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 23, 2014
luigiajah: how
nah, dnt bother
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by ninja4life(m): 9:32am On Aug 23, 2014
adeoladrg: You've never seen a Jobless medical doctor? Okay I've seen plenty.. Myriad of them! Geology, this list has to be a joke!
a jobless medical doctor? Dat has to be a joke

1 Like

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by ilotriouzAY(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2014
My guy,na leg sure pass

i mean dos oga at the top
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2014
ENTREPRENEURSHIP, HV U SN A JOBLESS ENTREPRENEUR?

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 23, 2014
573V31D: Wel researched...
grin Yea, saw a pastor looking for job here on NL.. The guy was advertising himself tho, lookin for a church to hire him
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2014
Olalan: I think Pharmacy should also be on this list, most pharmacist get jobs almost immediately after school.
Yes pharmacists are easily employed but a vast majority of them are under-employed(glorified sales men and ATM machines for pills in hospitals)

adeoladrg: You've never seen a Jobless medical doctor? Okay I've seen plenty.. Myriad of them! Geology, this list has to be a joke!
Lol delusion @ its best lol

3 Likes

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by tsmall(m): 10:54am On Aug 23, 2014
I agree with most but #Accounting? Eh no...there are too many jobless accounting graduate all over the place. I know this for a fact. You tried sha!
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Neldrizzy(m): 10:58am On Aug 23, 2014
My question is are there any job opportunities for thos who study Law? And the above courses in Nigeria? Definitely NO
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2014
Lol
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by johnshagb(m): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2014
Law, mass comm?
Okay
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Ezeorah96(m): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
nawa oooo dat list is wrong
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Donfamous(m): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
well researched list, clap for u op.
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
Maybe we should ask OP where he is posting from because I don't think he is talkng about nigeria. I mean, even seeing medicine on top of the list is enough to know that the list is wrong. OP should try and research and do some analysis before copying and pasting stuffs from some random wannabe blogs.
*walks away*
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
Naija factor can affect d list anyway
I represent geology, no job yet!
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Donfamous(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
iamayodeji: Maybe we should ask OP where he is posting from because I don't think he is talkng about nigeria. I mean, even seeing medicine on top of the list is enough to know that the list is wrong. OP should try and research and do some analysis before copying and pasting stuffs from some random wannabe blogs.
*walks away*
shey na because of medicine u disagree? U need Cane, prove ur point man
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by iamsegsy(m): 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
grin grin grin bt na truth o
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by luigiajah(m): 3:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
iamsegsy: grin grin grin bt na truth o
Theology... Hmm.. You know say I fit buy suit, hire warehouse come turn to pastor.. Anyone can become a pastor, but the Lord's Vineyard Only Suits Those That Are Called To The Ministry.. That's why I left it out

1 Like

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by iamsegsy(m): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
luigiajah: Theology... Hmm.. You know say I fit buy suit, hire warehouse come turn to pastor.. Anyone can become a pastor, but the Lord's Vineyard Only Suits Those That Are Called To The Ministry.. That's why I left it out
yea datz true...if you trespass go dat ministry without been invited na trouble u dey find be dat.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by idamokoemmanuel(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
@op d list is stil incomplete without public administration because an administrator is fit to work in an org.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by idamokoemmanuel(m): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
@op d list is stil incomplete without public administration because an administrator is fit to work in any private or public coy
Re: Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
Joy83: Naija factor can affect d list anyway
I represent geology, no job yet!
You'll soon get one, older granite grin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Jamb Cbt Centres & Contacts In Lagos / Reading: A Culture That Makes Career Icons / Unibadan 2012/2013 Pgd Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.