Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Cnn Versus Pnn... Prt 7 (special Thanks To God And Femi Olagbaiye For Saving Me) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cnn Versus Pnn... Prt 7 (special Thanks To God And Femi Olagbaiye For Saving Me) (473 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Angel Caught On CCTV Saving A Man From An Accident / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cnn Versus Pnn... Prt 7 (special Thanks To God And Femi Olagbaiye For Saving Me) by dlawale(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2014
NN VERSUS PNN.... PRT 7 (Special thanks to God and Femi Olagbaiye for saving my life)

Sometimes good friends are hard to find. I owe a friend for saving my life. He didn't know what he did. It was just God using him like a pawn.

1997/98... (Trying hard to remember which one. Well, I'm not Kenneth Hagin so it's okay for me to goof on the date a bit). Young, unsaved, wild, rocking, thinking about money and different chicks. Well, let's just say I was pretty stupid @ the time.

My friend(Layi) lived in a serviced apartment in victoria island. We were terrible kids. Sometimes, the place was like girls dorm. They had a pool downstairs and we used to love to go there. Informal pool parties and the likes occured. I was learning how to swim. Femi Olagbaiye was a good swimmer. I never dared what they did in the pool but when the ladies were around, many tried to impress(Typical).
One day,they were all gisting at the deep end and I felt I could make it there. I held on to the edges and got there. The gist was loud and funny at the time. I had forgotten I was the only one that couldn't swim. I laughed and let go of the edge. I went down, down...... I battled, I struggled to come back up. I fought and fought. All I kept hearing was laughter. They didn't bother about me. It was like a joke to them. "The youthful madness." I drank more water and battled for my life. I was already weak. It was almost time to go...... Like a saviour, like a movie having hercules as the lead character, or keanu reeves as matrix I hand came and grabbed me from the bottom of the pool and brought me up. It was Femi Olagbaiye. Everyone was still laughing at their gist, oblivious of what had happened to me. Femi went back to join the gist without emotions.. The dude never even knew what he had done for me. He never knew that I was almost gone. I recouped slowly and was silent about the matter. No one had really noticed. Seems the funny gist they were having was more important than my life. I was silent about the matter till I revealed it for the very first time last year to Femi. He didn't even know what he had done. Well, God did. I wasn't saved. At the time, I respected there was God somewhere but I wasn't going to allow Him into my heart. I wasn't planning to be saved, but God's love is beyond whether you are saved or not. Black or white; Arab or Jew; Christian or Muslim; He's madly in love. Now, though he loves us just the way we are, He doesn't leave us the way we are. God pushed some buttons and I'm grateful to both God and Femi that I'm able to see 2014. (About 17years later)

NB
I still don't know how to swim...

David Lawale
PNN news from Muri Okunola VI, Lagos Nigeria; West Africa
Re: Cnn Versus Pnn... Prt 7 (special Thanks To God And Femi Olagbaiye For Saving Me) by emeralddayo(f): 9:56am On Aug 23, 2014
cool story

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Deletes Wife, Rev.anita From Church Website! / Akume Slams Oritsejafor Over Alleged Illegal Arms Deal / Interprete This Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.