Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Ankara On Asos.com! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ankara On Asos.com! (1896 Views)

Beryllium Nickel: Affordable Female New Look Shoes And Asos Male Shoes / SIS---Style Inspiration Saturday For Your Ankara / How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ankara On Asos.com! by gem87(f): 7:19pm On Oct 23, 2008
Yes, you read right
our very own african traditional fabrics
being featured on Asos at exorbitant prices
I'm not sure how to take this,
is it positive or not?
Pictures below:

Re: Ankara On Asos.com! by dvonne(f): 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2008
of cos it is positive , go africa, the world is taking notice that we have got style,colour and are a bunch of merry people, print is in flaunt it
Re: Ankara On Asos.com! by spikedcylinder: 9:20am On Oct 24, 2008
Good for ankara but I'm guessing ankara is just like any other material out there, so my question is : Kini big deal?
Re: Ankara On Asos.com! by ajiriavae(f): 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2008
it will be such a pity if, like several generations before us, we allow oyinbo people be the ones who make money off what is indeginously african. we always want white people to validate something before we accept it. every other continent has woken up to the fact that what they have to offer on the world stage is culture. africa, africa, africa. how many times did i call your name. when mathew williamson came up with an ankara collection any wise person would have known ankara was the next big thing. the oyinbos will make all the money from ankara in front of us. trust the chinese, most of the ankara in balogun is made in china. africa, wake up. this day music festval thanks for providing an international platform for nigerian fashion designers.

1 Like

Re: Ankara On Asos.com! by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2014
ajiriavae: it will be such a pity if, like several generations before us, we allow oyinbo people be the ones who make money off what is indeginously african. we always want white people to validate something before we accept it. every other continent has woken up to the fact that what they have to offer on the world stage is culture. africa, africa, africa. how many times did i call your name. when mathew williamson came up with an ankara collection any wise person would have known ankara was the next big thing. the oyinbos will make all the money from ankara in front of us. trust the chinese, most of the ankara in balogun is made in china. africa, wake up. this day music festval thanks for providing an international platform for nigerian fashion designers.

Very impassioned speech luv, I'm feeling you.
Re: Ankara On Asos.com! by lepasharon(f): 10:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
I saw it in primary too

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Fashion Tights / Attention All Ladies With Chopping Front Hair / Simple Steps To Get That Perfect Lips With A Lipstick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.