Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

How To Share Internet Between 2 Windows 7 And 2 Windows XP Computers? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Share Internet Between 2 Windows 7 And 2 Windows XP Computers? (597 Views)

How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Share Internet Between 2 Windows 7 And 2 Windows XP Computers? by PrinceUfe: 6:44am On Aug 24, 2014
Hello. Please i need help. I have a 2 desktop computers and 2 laptop. I used a switch to network them and i use the windows as admin, and others, including the XP ones as client. In the process, i am able to share files and printer, but cannot share "internet". Please i need help on how to share internet between them.

Thank you.
Re: How To Share Internet Between 2 Windows 7 And 2 Windows XP Computers? by Burger01(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2014
Ok. You're using a switch, though a router would've been better. By the way, you need to configure the Windows Admin system as the Internet server while other connected devices remain clients. Now, find your ways around Windows and share your internet. On each client system make sure you configure the network properties to automatically receive configurations. This will enable each connected client to receive DHCP from the Windows server.. This will surely sort it out.. Goodluck.
Re: How To Share Internet Between 2 Windows 7 And 2 Windows XP Computers? by kode12: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
Since u can already share files don't change to dhcp just open ur network connections and open ur particular internet connection,look for sharing probably on a tab or by right clicking and select it.It will then ask u through which connection do you want to share the interneet u then select ur lan connection and save.if u change to dhcp ur file and print may stop working so don't change

(1) (Reply)

How To Use UPS Battery To Charge Laptop / How Do i Format This Window 7 / Help With Firewall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.