Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

I Need Information On The Current Infant Vaccines - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Information On The Current Infant Vaccines (651 Views)

current hot weather in Nigeria: share your frustration / Court Lifts Ban On Abalaka's HIV Vaccines / Mother Abandons Infant In General Hospital, Osogbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Information On The Current Infant Vaccines by Pampers: 5:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
Good day house. Pls for a child that didn't take Bcg; Hbv and opv0 at birth and is now 15days old; what vaccines should be administered to him. Am a bit confused because I was informed that he shouldn't take HBV and OPVo.. only bcg shld be given.
Re: I Need Information On The Current Infant Vaccines by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2014
There is a term referred to as. "missed opportunity" which denotes the vaccine given to a child who has not been vaccinated for age as outlined in the NPI schedule.

What is done is that ALL the vaccines missed are given irrespective of the age according to the NPI schedule
and at the standard intervals prescribed.

However, yellow fever and measles vaccine are given promptly since the child is already above 9 months.

Note that there should be no contraindication to any of the vaccines or history of such in the family.

(1) (Reply)

Late P’harcourt Doctor’s Sister Tests Positive For Ebola / Who Wears Dirty Undies More,girls Or Guys ? / Five Things You Can Do To Be Happier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.