Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

One Died For All,therefore All Died - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Died For All,therefore All Died (697 Views)

How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / He Died For Our Sins...this Statement Always Cracks Me Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2014
2 Cor. 5:14
When Christ was incarnated, He
included all flesh in Him.Just as the
act of one man, Adam, represents the
acts of all mankind.in the same way,
the work of one man, Christ epresents the work of all mankind.
Only after we have seen that Christ
includes all mankind will we understand the meaning of redemption. When the one man,
Adam,sinned, all men past and
present also sinned. This is because
Adam was the head of the human
race,and all men were born of Adam.
In the same way,when Christ was
justified, all men past and present
were justified, because Christ is the
Head of the new human race. All men
in the new human race are born of
Christ.
Hebrews 7 quotes one incident which
illustrates this point. In order to prove
that the priesthood of Melchisedec
was greater than that of the Levites,
the apostle mentioned how Abraham
paid tithes to Melchisedec and how
Abraham received the blessing from
Melchisedec.This proves that
Melchisedec was greater than the
Levites.How did he prove this? "For
he was still in the loins of his father
when Melchisedec met him" (v. 10).
We know that Abraham begot Isaac,
Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot
Levi. Levi is the great-grandson of
Abraham.When Abraham tithed and
received the blessing, Levi was not yet born.
Even his father and grand father were not born.
But the Bible
considers Abraham's tithing and
receiving of the blessing as Levi's
tithing and receiving of the blessing.
Since Abraham is inferior to
Melchisedec, Levi also has to be
inferior to Melchisedec.This fact
explains why when Adam sinned,all
sinned, and when Christ was judged,
all were judged.The reason for this is
that when Adam sinned, all men were
already in Adam, and when Christ was
judged, the life of all the regenerated
sinners was already in Christ.
Therefore, when Christ was judged for
man's sin, all those who believe in
Him were also judged. As a result, all
those who believe in Him need not be
judged anymore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by Goshen360(m): 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
The true gospel of Christ finished works is gradually unveiling to Christians. Weldone my brother. The gospel of double punishment is foreign to the Apostolic teachings.
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by lirusehn(m): 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Oga u on point ahswear!!! smiley
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
Goshen360: The true gospel of Christ finished works is gradually unveiling to Christians. Weldone my brother. The gospel of double punishment is foreign to the Apostolic teachings.
Thanks Bro.
Fact is,it was God that place us in Christ..1Cor1:30.
When He was judged 2000 years ago on the Cross,we were also judged because God placed us in Him on the Cross
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2014
lirusehn: Oga u on point ahswear!!! smiley
My bro.
Na the koko of the Gospel b that oo.
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2018
We all became sinners in Adam.thats when Adam eat the fruit we are all in him,hence we all approve his act since we are in him.
Rom5:19.For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 8:52pm On Sep 01, 2018
We all became sinners in Adam.thats when Adam eat the fruit we are all in him,hence we all approve his act since we are in him. Likewise Christ.
Rom5:19.For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 8:33am On Nov 01, 2020
bump
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by Kobojunkie: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2020
ichuka:
When Christ was incarnated, He included all flesh in Him. Just as the act of one man, Adam, represents the acts of all mankind, in the same way,
the work of one man, Christ, represents the work of all mankind. Only after we have seen that Christ includes all mankind will we understand the meaning of redemption. When the one man, Adam, sinned, all men past and present also sinned. This is because Adam was the head of the human race, and all men were born of Adam.
All men past and present from Adam? Adam was the first - Mankind started with him.
ichuka:
In the same way, when Christ was justified, all men past and present were justified, because Christ is the Head of the new human race. All men in the new human race are born of Christ. Hebrews 7 quotes one incident which illustrates this point.
:-/ How was Jesus Christ Justified again?
Are all men past and present were justified? That is in no way similar with the Adam issue since it was all men AFTER Adam - since there were none before him -- that were cursed as a result of his, Adam's transgression.
Also, Jesus Christ never stated that His offer of salvation applied to all those who were before Him... but He did state that it applied to those who believed in Him- that he was clear on.

John 6 vs 47-56 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
47. “I can assure you that anyone who believes has eternal life.
48. I am the bread that gives life.
49. Your ancestors ate the manna God gave them in the desert, but it didn’t keep them from dying.
50. Here is the bread that comes down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will never die.
51. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my body. I will give my body so that the people in the world can have life.”
52. Then the Jews began to argue among themselves. They said, “How can this man give us his body to eat?”
53. Jesus said, “Believe me when I say that you must eat the body of the Son of Man, and you must drink his blood. If you don’t do this, you have no real life.
54. Those who eat my body and drink my blood have eternal life. I will raise them up on the last day.
55. My body is true food, and my blood is true drink.
56. Those who eat my body and drink my blood live in me, and I live in them.

ichuka:
In order to prove that the priesthood of Melchisedec was greater than that of the Levites, the apostle mentioned how Abraham paid tithes to Melchisedec and how Abraham received the blessing from Melchisedec. This proves that Melchisedec was greater than the Levites. How did he prove this? "For he was still in the loins of his father when Melchisedec met him" (v. 10). We know that Abraham begot Isaac, Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot Levi. Levi is the great-grandson of Abraham. When Abraham tithed and received the blessing, Levi was not yet born. Even his father and grandfather were not born. But the Bible considers Abraham's tithing and receiving of the blessing as Levi's tithing and receiving of the blessing. Since Abraham is inferior to Melchisedec, Levi also has to be inferior to Melchisedec.
What Paul offered the Hebrew believers were more a twist on the actual Abraham-Melchisedec story in order to get them to stop living by Old Covenant rules while subscribed to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. What he, Paul, offered them was not proof but simply a story to help ease them into letting go of the Old and adhering instead to the New.
To anyone who has carefully studied each of the stories involved, it is more than clear that what Paul tried to weave was not in fact the truth, as recorded in the Book of Genesis, not even as recorded in the Book of Jasher.
ichuka:
This fact explains why, when Adam sinned, all sinned, and when Christ was judged, all were judged. The reason for this is that when Adam sinned, all men were already in Adam, and when Christ was judged, the life of all the regenerated sinners was already in Christ. Therefore, when Christ was judged for man's sin, all those who believe in Him were also judged. As a result, all those who believe in Him need not be judged anymore.
All mankind was born from the loins of Adam -- that better explains the reason why sin was able to enter into the world through Adam, to infect every one of His descendants.
As for Jesus Christ, I don't seem to understand what you mean by "Christ was judged". If you refer to the pouring out of His blood for the forgiveness of our sins, then, as the "Passover Lamb", I would not say He was indeed judged, just chosen to be the "lamb" to die for all.
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
All men past and present from Adam? Adam was the first - Mankind started with him.
:-/ How was Jesus Christ Justified again?
Are all men past and present were justified? That is in no way similar with the Adam issue since it was all men AFTER Adam - since there were none before him -- that were cursed as a result of his, Adam's transgression.
Also, Jesus Christ never stated that His offer of salvation applied to all those who were before Him... but He did state that it applied to those who believed in Him- that he was clear on.

What Paul offered the Hebrew believers were more a twist on the actual Abraham-Melchisedec story in order to get them to stop living by Old Covenant rules while subscribed to the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. What he, Paul, offered them was not proof but simply a story to help ease them into letting go of the Old and adhering instead to the New.
To anyone who has carefully studied each of the stories involved, it is more than clear that what Paul tried to weave was not in fact the truth, as recorded in the Book of Genesis, not even as recorded in the Book of Jasher.
All mankind was born from the loins of Adam -- that better explains the reason why sin was able to enter into the world through Adam, to infect every one of His descendants.
As for Jesus Christ, I don't seem to understand what you mean by "Christ was judged". If you refer to the pouring out of His blood for the forgiveness of our sins, then, as the "Passover Lamb", I would not say He was indeed judged, just chosen to be the "lamb" to die for all.
dude you need to be born again/accept Christ to comprehend His word in the Bible
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2020
ichuka:

dude you need to be born again/accept Christ to comprehend His word in the Bible
There is no such requirement in the Bible. Stop lying !
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 11:05pm On Nov 06, 2020
Kobojunkie:
There is no such requirement in the Bible. Stop lying !
Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
John 3:3
bro u need to see in order for you to understand.
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2020
ichuka:

Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again."
John 3:3
bro u need to see in order for you to understand.
I know that Jesus said the above, but He never said anything like this
ichuka:

Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by dsfaster: 12:00am On Nov 07, 2020
hello guys, do you want to make some money without any investment? if yes, click the link below to start. it's very legit, I have cash out some money from it without wasting my data or spending a single dime on it. for full explanation click https://www.nairaland.com/6237447/how-make-n30000-without-investing
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 10:57pm On Apr 30, 2021
dsfaster:
hello guys, do you want to make some money without any investment? if yes, click the link below to start. it's very legit, I have cash out some money from it without wasting my data or spending a single dime on it. for full explanation click https://www.nairaland.com/6237447/how-make-n30000-without-investing
sorry bro
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by LisaAnneMia: 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2021
ichuka:
When Christ was incarnated, He
included all flesh in Him. Just as the
act of one man, Adam, represents the
acts of all mankind, in the same way,
the work of one man, Christ,
represents the work of all mankind.
Only after we have seen that Christ
includes all mankind will we
understand the meaning of
redemption. When the one man,
Adam, sinned, all men past and
present also sinned. This is because
Adam was the head of the human
race, and all men were born of Adam.
In the same way, when Christ was
justified, all men past and present
were justified, because Christ is the
Head of the new human race. All men
in the new human race are born of
Christ.
Hebrews 7 quotes one incident which
illustrates this point. In order to prove
that the priesthood of Melchisedec
was greater than that of the Levites,
the apostle mentioned how Abraham
paid tithes to Melchisedec and how
Abraham received the blessing from
Melchisedec. This proves that
Melchisedec was greater than the
Levites. How did he prove this? "For
he was still in the loins of his father
when Melchisedec met him" (v. 10).
We know that Abraham begot Isaac,
Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot
Levi. Levi is the great-grandson of
Abraham. When Abraham tithed and
received the blessing, Levi was not yet
born. Even his father and grandfather
were not born. But the Bible
considers Abraham's tithing and
receiving of the blessing as Levi's
tithing and receiving of the blessing.
Since Abraham is inferior to
Melchisedec, Levi also has to be
inferior to Melchisedec. This fact
explains why, when Adam sinned, all
sinned, and when Christ was judged,
all were judged. The reason for this is
that when Adam sinned, all men were
already in Adam, and when Christ was
judged, the life of all the regenerated
sinners was already in Christ.
Therefore, when Christ was judged for
man's sin, all those who believe in
Him were also judged. As a result, all
those who believe in Him need not be
judged anymore.
Beautiful. Try to paragraph this write-up though.
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2021
LisaAnneMia:
Beautiful. Try to paragraph this write-up though.
OK
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 6:04am On Jun 23, 2021
Amen
Re: One Died For All,therefore All Died by ichuka(m): 7:21am On Aug 14, 2022
Amen

(1) (Reply)

The Journey Of The Bible ( From Gen To Revelation) / Christian Blogs In Nigeria / Sunday Boost: The Verse Most Pastors/people Misquote.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.