Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

Actor And Director Richard Attenborough Dies Aged 90 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Actor And Director Richard Attenborough Dies Aged 90 (458 Views)

Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? / Who is The Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? / Top 5 Female R&B Singers Of The 90's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Actor And Director Richard Attenborough Dies Aged 90 by zamanient: 6:57am On Aug 25, 2014
Oscar-winning United kingdom film director Richard Attenborough has died at the age of 90, his son provides said. Lord Attenborough was certainly one of Britain's leading actors, before becoming a highly successful director. Inside a career that spanned 6 decades, he appeared inside films including Brighton Rock and roll, World War Two prisoner of war thriller The fantastic Escape and later inside dinosaur blockbuster Jurassic Car park. As a director he was perhaps most commonly known for Gandhi, which gained him two Oscars. Sir Ben Kingsley, who played the title role, said however "miss him dearly". "Richard Attenborough trusted me with the crucial and central task of bringing one's a dream it took him 2 decades to bring to fruition. "When he gave me the section of Gandhi it was having great grace and pleasure. He placed in me a total trust and in turn I placed a total trust in him along with grew to love him or her. " Jurassic Park movie director Steven Spielberg said Master Attenborough was passionate in relation to everything in his existence. Steven Spielberg (l) led Lord Attenborough in 1993's Jurassic Car park "He made a gift towards world with his emotive epic Gandhi and he was the ideal ringmaster to bring the dinosaurs back to life as John Hammond inside Jurassic Park, " he / she said. "He was a dear friend and I'm standing in an endless distinctive line of those who completely esteemed him. " Lord Attenborough had been in a nursing home with his wife for several years, BBC arts editor Will Gompertz said. He'd also been in the wheelchair since falling down stairs six rice, our correspondent added. His / her son told the BBC of which Lord Attenborough died with lunchtime on Sunday. His family is expected to manufacture a full statement on Saturday. 'Huge impact' Paying honor, Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted: "His performing in "Brighton Rock" was brilliant, his directing of "Gandhi" was stunning - Richard Attenborough was one of several greats of cinema. inch Actress Mia Farrow tweeted: "Richard Attenborough was the kindest man I've got ever had the privilege of utilizing. A Prince. RIP 'Pa' - and appreciate it. " Chris Hewitt via Empire Magazine told BBC News Lord Attenborough had the "huge impact" on movie theater, describing him as the "universally beloved" figure. Marketing caption Nick Higham looks back on the life and work regarding Richard Attenborough Tribute was paid towards Labour peer from his party. "Lord Attenborough made an enormous contribution to our country and to the film industry both being an actor and a movie director. His films will become loved for generations into the future, " it said. "He believed passionately in social justice and the Labour Party and was a vocal campaigner versus apartheid. He will become sadly missed. Our thoughts are with his family. " Richard Attenborough -- selected filmography Media caption Observe: Richard Attenborough in a number of his most famous tasks As actor: In which we serve - 1942 Brighton Rock and roll - 1947 The League of Gentlemen - 1960 The fantastic Escape - 1963 Medical doctor Dolittle - 1967 10 Rillington Place - 1971 Jurassic Car park - 1993 Miracle in 34th Street - 1994 At the - 1998 As movie director: Grey Owl - 1999 Within Love and War -- 1996 Shadowlands - 1993 Chaplin -- 1992 Cry Freedom -- 1987 A Chorus Range - 1985 Gandhi -- 1982 Young Winston -- 1972 Source: Imdb. com Lord Attenborough was in addition a life president of Chelsea Football team, which said it was "deeply saddened" to master of his death. "He led an extended and successful life along with always found time to the things in life he / she loved most, one of which was Chelsea FC, inch the club said. "His personality was woven into your tapestry of the golf club over seven decades. He was the same force for good on the club, even in dark times. "He will become greatly missed, and the thoughts of everyone at Chelsea FC are with his family at this.

Get more at www.zamanient..com
Re: Actor And Director Richard Attenborough Dies Aged 90 by 2cato: 7:26am On Aug 25, 2014
Are you sure of what u poste? For bloggers are known liers.
Re: Actor And Director Richard Attenborough Dies Aged 90 by zamanient: 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
2cato: Are you sure of what u poste? For bloggers are known liers.

chk BBC

(1) (Reply)

Which Mavin Act Do You Miss On The Track : Dorobucci? / I’m Scared Of Divorce —banky W / Wizkid Pulls A 'beyonce' On Us (unintentionally), Album Drops Ahead Of Schedule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.