Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:42 AM

Is Malaysia Overhyped? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Malaysia Overhyped? (2850 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / The Concept Of Home. 'overhyped? / Ask Me Anything About Malaysia And I'll Give You A First Hand Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Malaysia Overhyped? by juwoonn(m): 6:28pm On Aug 25, 2014
I've never been to Malaysia, but the way peeps describe Malaysia as if it's heaven on earth is making me curious.
I always believe Paris, SunCity, Cyprus, Venice, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Florence, Budapest, Washington amongst others are cool.
I wanna know if a holiday in Malaysia is really worth it.
Thanks
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by badgan(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2014
Apart from being the most racist country in the world, its infrastructures, security and hotspots like the twin towers and cameron highlands makes it a place to visit.. bottom line is if you have nuff money in the bag.. malaysia is fun..
Source- i lived there for 3yrs smiley
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by juwoonn(m): 6:49am On Aug 26, 2014
badgan: Apart from being the most racist country in the world, its infrastructures, security and hotspots like the twin towers and cameron highlands makes it a place to visit.. bottom line is if you have nuff money in the bag.. malaysia is fun..
Wao!
Thanks a lot
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by juwoonn(m): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
badgan: Apart from being the most racist country in the world, its infrastructures, security and hotspots like the twin towers and cameron highlands makes it a place to visit.. bottom line is if you have nuff money in the bag.. malaysia is fun..
I just did some google search; I've seen a few twin towers b4, but this Petronas twin tower, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is incredibly exceptional.

The cameron highlands are not bad but Maylasia is still overhyped jor.

Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by juwoonn(m): 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lol

Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by badgan(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
overhyped in what aspect.. tourism is the country top 3 earner.. so they have to keep flashing their colors to remain relevant and divert your attention from dubai and bahamas...
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Truth234(m): 11:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
And visit Langkawi Island, Gentin Highland, Sepang beach (formula 1 circuit), Penang, Melaka etc and you will understand why they generated almost $20 billion dollars from tourism last year.

1 Like

Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by juwoonn(m): 11:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
badgan: overhyped in what aspect.. tourism is the country top 3 earner.. so they have to keep flashing their colors to remain relevant and divert your attention from dubai and bahamas...
LOL
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Nobody: 4:04am On Aug 27, 2014

Point of correction, Malaysia is not a racist country and menh malaysia is developed, not even the twintower those are old infrastructure, go to putrajaya, cyber jaya, damansara kota, KL city and see things for yourself. malaysian are friendly, accommodating and good people just the character of some of our brothers here

1 Like

Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Nobody: 4:17am On Aug 27, 2014
juwoonn:
I just did some google search; I've seen a few twin towers b4, but this Petronas twin tower, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is incredibly exceptional.

The cameron highlands are not bad but Maylasia is still overhyped jor.

Over-hyped in what aspect, Malaysia is a developed country, no african country including south africa is developed more than Malaysia, even most european countries are no match to malaysia in every sector, i mean transportation, infrastructure, road networks, schools, pipe born waters and cost of living. It will take Africa 500 yrs to get to where malaysia is and Nigeria 1 million years, these people understand the definition of development. Imagine Malaysia is connecting the whole KL cities with MRT ( Mass Rapid Transit) started 2014-2016, a kind of speed train. If you are coming here to spend your vacation, brother this is a place you can count on, from the airport you will know that this is a city, visit pavilion, mid valley, 1utama, Sunway Times Square, Gardens, Suria KLCC for a 5 star shopping where you will see all designers while China Town, Sungai wang, BB Plaza, Central Market, Puduraya, and others for a 3 star shopping, especially if you want to resell. There are good hotels here from 6 start-hostels, a 5 start hotel per night like Marriot, Shangrila, Traders, One world, Millennium, Federal Palace, Equatorial, Gardens will cost per night 700-2000myr ( 35000- 100000 naira) US$ 1= 3.25MYR, MYR 1= 50 Naira,

Ask more about Malaysia
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Truth234(m): 7:09am On Aug 27, 2014
allen0000:

Over-hyped in what aspect, Malaysia is a developed country, no african country including south africa is developed more than Malaysia, even most european countries are no match to malaysia in every sector, i mean transportation, infrastructure, road networks, schools, pipe born waters and cost of living. It will take Africa 500 yrs to get to where malaysia is and Nigeria 1 million years, these people understand the definition of development. Imagine Malaysia is connecting the whole KL cities with MRT ( Mass Rapid Transit) started 2014-2016, a kind of speed train. If you are coming here to spend your vacation, brother this is a place you can count on, from the airport you will know that this is a city, visit pavilion, mid valley, 1utama, Sunway Times Square, Gardens, Suria KLCC for a 5 star shopping where you will see all designers while China Town, Sungai wang, BB Plaza, Central Market, Puduraya, and others for a 3 star shopping, especially if you want to resell. There are good hotels here from 6 start-hostels, a 5 start hotel per night like Marriot, Shangrila, Traders, One world, Millennium, Federal Palace, Equatorial, Gardens will cost per night 700-2000myr ( 35000- 100000 naira) US$ 1= 3.25MYR, MYR 1= 50 Naira,

Ask more about Malaysia

Malaysia is a developing country, which one is it will take Africa 500 yrs to get to where Malaysia is? Malaysia is okay for vacation simple.

1 Like

Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2014
Truth234:

Malaysia is a developing country, which one is it will take Africa 500 yrs to get to were Malaysia is? Malaysia is okay for vacation simple.

You can't compare and please make a trip to see for yourself or ask anyone u have here
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Truth234(m): 7:54am On Aug 27, 2014
allen0000:

You can't compare and please make a trip to see for yourself or ask anyone u have here

I live in Malaysia.
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by juwoonn(m): 8:46am On Aug 27, 2014
allen0000:

Ask more about Malaysia
I have done some google search and I can see Malaysia is nice but I beg to disagree with the bolded. Haba! U too exaggerate am na grin
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=Truth234]

I live in Malaysia.[/.
Where do you live in Malaysia, don't tell me ur living around Puchong, PJ, Kepong, Cheras as to me I live around TAMAN DESA KL ( Mid valley )
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Kayraph(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2014
***singing "from Morocco to MALAYSIA from MALAYSIA to Miami, ko kan aye"***

In case it makes FP...
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Truth234(m): 10:07am On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=allen0000][/quote]

What does where someone live has to do with facts on ground?, okay, I live at Subang (Soho) Area, close to empire building. Studying at Westminster (LSC) empire building. Deduce!
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Truth234:

What does where someone live has to do with facts on ground?, okay, I live at Subang (Soho) Area, close to empire building. Studying at Westminster (LSC) empire building. Deduce!

Then can you compare Subang starting from Sunway to Soho, Empire till SS jaya to any city in Nigeria, you know that Subang is outskirts of the city center but still a lovely place to stay just that our brothers are somehow much there
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Truth234(m): 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
allen0000:

Then can you compare Subang starting from Sunway to Soho, Empire till SS jaya to any city in Nigeria, you know that Subang is outskirts of the city center but still a lovely place to stay just that our brothers are somehow much there

I don't understand your point really, Malaysia is a DEVELOPING country is the point. No one is trying to juxtapose anything here and exaggerating by saying no African country can attain their feet in 500 years is wrong.

For your information, currently the GDP of both Nigeria (522.64 billion US dollars) and South Africa (384.3 billion USD) is high than Malaysia (303.5 billion USD).

And Malaysia Income per capital and unemployment rate is below developed country standard, that is the reason for Vision 2020. No body is disputing the fact that they are better organized but don't exaggerate it.

And how is Subang outskirts and Midvalley is not a market place? That is not even the point!

1 Like

Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by easyflow: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2014
Please can someone tell me the cost of living in penang?
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Truth234(m): 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2014
easyflow: Please can someone tell me the cost of living in penang?

It depends on so many factors e.g your choice of accommodation, food etc
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by easyflow: 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2014
average accommodation and food. i just got an offer into usm.
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Truth234(m): 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
easyflow: average accommodation and food. i just got an offer into usm.

Food is cheap, depending on what kind of food you prefer. Rent depends on area but averagely you should budget RM 1500

That is around 75k naira.
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by easyflow: 6:35am On Sep 22, 2014
Thank you, please is penang relatively okay in terms of development and their attitude towards Africans.
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by Truth234(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2014
easyflow: Thank you, please is penang relatively okay in terms of development and their attitude towards Africans.

Its okay but a bit far from KL, capital city.
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by easyflow: 8:26am On Sep 23, 2014
Truth234:

Its okay but a bit far from KL, capital city.
thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by kel4soft: 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
allen0000:

Ask more about Malaysia

But Uyo is finer than Malaysia. Just kidding, me thinks Singapore is finer and better and also more organised than Malaysia. Nigerians have really corrupt their country, no wonder they hate us.
Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by goldedprince: 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2016

Point of correction, Malaysia is not a racist country and menh malaysia is developed, not even the twintower those are old infrastructure, go to putrajaya, cyber jaya, damansara kota, KL city and see things for yourself. malaysian are friendly, accommodating and good people just the character of some of our brothers here

Stop deceiving people here, MALAYSIA is a racist country. Also, Malaysia is not developed. Its a developing country, there are many places similar to ajegule there. If you hsve actually visited developed countries? u wont cll Malaysia developed

1 Like

Re: Is Malaysia Overhyped? by mantleguy(m): 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2016

Ask more about Malaysia

Give me little of what you smoke, I want to start talking gibberish like you

(1) (Reply)

How To Enjoy Yacht Or Cruise Boat Ride In Lagos / Ba & Virgin: Air Passenger Fuel Surcharge Settlement Notice / Nigerians In Austin, Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.