Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,317 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? (855 Views)

What Is This Called? And How Do I Remove It? (pix) / Papilloma Deadly Virus Is A Virus Gotten From Kissing, Please Kiss Less Humans / Pregnancy Strech Marks,anyway To Remove It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by henryobinna(m): 9:22am On Aug 26, 2014
I opened this thread for those who have ever gotten an Ant or any little creatured stucked in their ear(s) to share how they got it out and their experience.

I can remember some months back this year, I woke up early in the morning, let me say around 3-4 am to the sound n itches of some creature(i believe an ant) walkinh up n down the 'hills n valleys' of my ears.
Damn! I could not take it, I was like WTF?
what's going on? whats happening to me..?
I was filled with rage, infact I don't know what to do cause its not actually painful but the itches n sound that's lauder than an Opera house was disturbing.
my exhibition that morning, Only GOD knows, thanks to him that there was no cam recording cos it was funny n weird.

so in the midst of this I reached for my phone, straight to Google(one of my closest friends) and I got many answers n tips on what to do, some having frightening story like that of a small boy about 10, who was complaining of itches in his head n head ache, he later died and ants were found in his brain(my thought, so am gonna die?)... and many many more...

Now these are the remedies I saw online of which I applied(but not all)

1. pour/put some drops of water or oil(olive or anyother) into the affect ear and waite for the water to go in, then you lie on your side as letting the affected ear face down. I did this with water(no oil available) the whole till still persisted/continued!

2. use of cotten bud... infact I finished all at home but.. still the same thing.

3.use of a torch light/lamp.
I saw some guy's testimony on how he used the headlamp on his bike to flash towards the ear in the night so the ant will walk towards the direction of light(you know ants love light), and this seems efficient.
after reading this I reached for the reachable lamp at home n did it but no way.

but after sometime I couldn't hear anythinh from my ears like itching. thanks GOD! i exclaimed am free.

sorry for any typo cos am on mobile and in a hurry, will correct it later.

So any one who has experienced such should please share his/her experience n remedy for others and me too cos I don't know how it left.

1 Like

Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by Onlinebizexpert(m): 9:29am On Aug 26, 2014
I removed the small creature by putting a large creature in my ears eg lizard
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by lirusehn(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2014
i washed it with Kerosene and Detol
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by henryobinna(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: I removed the small creature by putting a large creature in my ears eg lizard
hahaha cheesy
don't tell me your ear lobe as large as that of an Elephant
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by henryobinna(m): 10:06am On Aug 26, 2014
lirusehn:
oh.. i saw that among the remedies too.
but I don't trust kerosene
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by lirusehn(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2014
henryobinna: oh.. i saw that among the remedies too.
tongue
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by ryom(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2014
The best bet is oil- olive oil, peanut oil, vegetable oil. It suffocates the insect. Water not so advisable as infection may ensue.
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by henryobinna(m): 10:25am On Aug 26, 2014
lirusehn:
oh.. i saw that among the remedies too.
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by henryobinna(m): 10:28am On Aug 26, 2014
ryom: The best bet is oil- olive oil, peanut oil, vegetable oil. It suffocates the insect. Water not so advisable as infection may ensue.
thanks for your contribution..
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
henryobinna:
pour/put some drops of water or oil(olive or anyother) into the affect ear and waite for the water to go in, then you lie on your side as letting the affected ear face down. I did this with water(no oil available) the whole till still persisted/continued!
It happened to my niece who was staying with me for a couple of days. Being a religious person, I simply put a few drops of annointing oil in both ears and asked her to lie with the affected ear on the pillow. Within 5 minutes, she was relieved, it worked perfectly.
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by henryobinna(m): 8:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
candy:
It happened to my niece who was staying with me for a couple of days. Being a religious person, I simply put a few drops of annointing oil in both ears and asked her to lie with the affected ear on the pillow. Within 5 minutes, she was relieved, it worked perfectly.
mmmm.... your niece is strong oh... couple of days?
I couldn't even take it for the few hours(not sure if it was actually upto an hour)
hehe.. thank GOD mine left sharperly cheesy
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 27, 2014
henryobinna: mmmm.... your niece is strong oh... couple of days?
I couldn't even take it for the few hours(not sure if it was actually upto an hour)
hehe.. thank GOD mine left sharperly cheesy
Oops, she was on holidays, staying with me for a couple of days when it happened! The darn insect was only in her ear for like 5 minutes.
Re: Has Any Little Creature(eg Ant) Gotten Into Ur Ears Before? How Did U Remove It? by henryobinna(m): 6:47am On Aug 27, 2014
candy:
Oops, she was on holidays, staying with me for a couple of days when it happened! The darn insect was only in her ear for like 5 minutes.
oh... ok ok.

I now dig

(1) (Reply)

Luxury Blood Circulating Massager / 12 Health Benefits Of Apples / Why Surgery May Not Be The Best Option For Fibroid – Real Live Example!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.