Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers - Forum Games (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers (4599 Views)

Brain Teasers / Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. / Picture Puzzles To Keep Your Eyes & Brain Active (2) (3) (4)

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2014
Get ready...
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hiroshize: Get ready...
waiting
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 9:18pm On Aug 28, 2014
The explanation to the previous riddle which was answered correctly by dejt4u...

Chukwudi killed Bosco

1. Yinka is not the murderer, because he is the brother of the murderer.

2. Emeka can’t be the murderer since he ran in a marathon, and the murderer recently had his leg amputated, and wouldn’t be running a marathon of any magnitude that quickly.

3. Mohammed is not a murderer if he just met Yinka, since Yinka and the murderer grew up together.

4. This leaves Chukwudi and Bosco.

Since Chukwudi is still alive (he wants to install a new computer next week – present tense) he must be the murderer. Bosco also didn’t grow up with Yinka.

It has been determined that Yinka, Emeka and Chukwudi are all alive. Mohammed must also be alive since Chukwudi plans to install Mohammed’s computer next week. This means Chukwudi killed Bosco.

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
Next one....
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
You are a prisoner sentenced to death. Then, the governor of Imo State Rochas Okorocha visits the prison, sees you and decides to pardon you only if you play the game he wants you to play.

The game is as follows :

Rochas Okorocha gives you 50 black coins, 50 white coins as well and two identical empty bowls. He then tells you to divide this 100 coins into these two bowls. You can divide it any how you wish so far you use all the marbles. He will then blindfold you and mix the bowl around you. You then can choose one bowl and pick one marble (still blindfolded oo), if the marble is white, you live, otherwise you DIE!!!! :-p

Question : How do you divide the marbles so that you can have the greatest probability of picking a white marble?
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
Good luck folks....
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hiroshize: Good luck folks....
i go try attempt d questn 2mao by d grace of God..

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2014
Goodmorning wink wink....

Another set of questions coming today.....

But first, here's the current question still waiting for an answer ...

You are a prisoner sentenced to death. Then, the governor of Imo State Rochas Okorocha visits the prison, sees you and decides to pardon you only if you play the game he wants you to play.

The game is as follows :

Rochas Okorocha gives you 50 black coins, 50 white coins as well and two identical empty bowls. He then tells you to divide this 100 coins into these two bowls. You can divide it any how you wish so far you use all the marbles. He will then blindfold you and mix the bowl around you. You then can choose one bowl and pick one marble (still blindfolded oo), if the marble is white, you live, otherwise you DIE!!!! angry angry

Question : How do you divide the marbles so that you can have the greatest probability of picking a white marble?
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2014
Hiroshize: Goodmorning wink wink....

Another set of questions coming today.....

But first, here's the current question still waiting for an answer ...

The game is as follows :

Rochas Okorocha gives you 50 black coins, 50 white coins as well and two identical empty bowls. He then tells you to divide this 100 coins into these two bowls. You can divide it any how you wish so far you use all the marbles. He will then blindfold you and mix the bowl around you. You then can choose one bowl and pick one marble (still blindfolded oo), if the marble is white, you live, otherwise you DIE!!!! angry angry

to the best of my knwledge:
the division shld be in ratio 1 to 99
i.e 1white coin in one bowl and 99coins in the other bowl (50black+49whites).

With these, there is 50/50 chance that the inmate will choose the bowl wit one coin..therefore he will live..

Also if he chooses other bowl wit 99coins, he still have second chance of picking a white coin from the mixture..there by having another 50/50 chance..

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 9:34am On Aug 29, 2014
dejt4u:
to the best of my knwledge:
the division shld be in ratio 1 to 99
i.e 1white coin in one bowl and 99coins in the other bowl (50black+49whites).

With these, there is 50/50 chance that the inmate will choose the bowl wit one coin..therefore he will leave..

Also if he chooses other bowl wit 99coins, he still have second chance of picking a white coin from the mixture..there by having another 50/50 chance..

Ogbeni .....am thinking , still evaluating your answer... wink
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 9:37am On Aug 29, 2014
That was the correct answer.... grin grin

I will provide the explanation shortly.

The next riddle will be much more a personal creation of mine... cheesy cheesy

Lets see who gets it.. tongue
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 9:39am On Aug 29, 2014
Hiroshize: That was the correct answer.... grin grin

I will provide the explanation shortly.

The next riddle will be much more a personal creation of mine... cheesy cheesy

Lets see who gets it.. tongue
ok..m powerfully waiting..

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 11:10am On Aug 29, 2014
Before my own personal riddle comes...

Here's another one...the answer to this could vary, but we are looking for the simplest possible solution cheesy cheesy
[b]
A wife and her husband were driving in their car on the highway. All of a sudden, they ran out of gas. So the husband said to the wife, 'Now, you stay here. I will go down the highway to the nearest gas station, and I will be about 1 hour. Just listen to the radio and read some books, and remember to lock all the windows and doors. I will leave the keys with you.' So, off the husband went, and the wife first locked ALL the windows and doors.

Next, she turned on the radio, and this is what she heard on the news report:

'THERE IS A MURDERER ON THE LOOSE. HE WAS LAST SEEN ON THE HIGHWAY, WEARING ALL BLACK, ABOUT 5 FOOT 11 INCHES. PLEASE, BE AWARE AND CONTACT THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY.'

The wife got very scared. She turned off the radio and double checked the locked doors. Then she saw the murderer, only a couple feet away from the car.

An hour later, the husband returned to his car. Inside the car, his wife was DEAD, she had been murdered. All the windows were still locked, and the doors. No windows were broken, and the car was in PERFECT condition. No scratches or anything, it was the same way as when he left it.[/b]

How did the murderer kill the wife? You dont need to be sherlock holmes to solve this ??
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 11:11am On Aug 29, 2014
Goodluck once again.... cheesy
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hiroshize: Before my own personal riddle comes...

Here's another one...the answer to this could vary, but we are looking for the simplest possible solution cheesy cheesy
[b]
A wife and her husband were driving in their car on the highway. All of a sudden, they ran out of gas. So the husband said to the wife, 'Now, you stay here. I will go down the highway to the nearest gas station, and I will be about 1 hour. Just listen to the radio and read some books, and remember to lock all the windows and doors. I will leave the keys with you.' So, off the husband went, and the wife first locked ALL the windows and doors.

Next, she turned on the radio, and this is what she heard on the news report:

'THERE IS A MURDERER ON THE LOOSE. HE WAS LAST SEEN ON THE HIGHWAY, WEARING ALL BLACK, ABOUT 5 FOOT 11 INCHES. PLEASE, BE AWARE AND CONTACT THE POLICE IMMEDIATELY.'

The wife got very scared. She turned off the radio and double checked the locked doors. Then she saw the murderer, only a couple feet away from the car.

An hour later, the husband returned to his car. Inside the car, his wife was DEAD, she had been murdered. All the windows were still locked, and the doors. No windows were broken, and the car was in PERFECT condition. No scratches or anything, it was the same way as when he left it.[/b]

How did the murderer kill the wife? You dont need to be sherlock holmes to solve this ??
i wld hv said dat mayb she ws suffocated but she ws murdered..

Also, if it is possibl for sm1 to MURDER his/herself, i wld hv said dat she killed herself(SUICIDE)..

So it is possible if the car boot is opened or the car has no roof at all
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
dejt4u:
i wld hv said dat mayb she ws suffocated but she ws murdered..

Also, if it is possibl for sm1 to MURDER his/herself, i wld hv said dat she killed herself(SUICIDE)..

So it is possible if the car boot is opened or the car has no roof at all

Nice line of thinking... smiley smiley smiley Impressive...thats if you didn't use external help sha undecided undecided

The scenarios could be :

- Suicide cry cry

- Heart failure (from fear) shocked

- The car could have no roof tongue tongue

- Unknown forces (juju from the village grin grin)
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hiroshize:
The scenarios could be :[/b]

- Suicide cry cry

- Heart failure (from fear) shocked

- The car could have no roof tongue tongue

- Unknown forces (juju from the village grin grin)
good

Hiroshize:

Nice line of thinking... smiley smiley smiley Impressive...thats if you didn't use external help sha undecided
now m expecting d one composed by you... I wnt something that is very original.. I'v heard the previous one before sometimes ago so it ws somehw very easy for me to figure out!

Expecting more bro!
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 2:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
coool, alright... smiley

The next riddle will come later today, in the evening time.... stay tuned people smiley smiley
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hiroshize: coool, alright... smiley

The next riddle will come later today, in the evening time.... stay tuned people smiley smiley
aiit

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 7:19am On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 11:32am On Sep 13, 2014
Long time folks.....Sorry for the silence cry cry, i have been traveling plenty of late cool cool

To wet your appetite.. wink wink

QUESTION:
What is the difference between a cup half full and a cup half empty ??
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 1:26pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hiroshize: Long time folks.....Sorry for the silence cry cry, i have been traveling plenty of late cool cool

To wet your appetite.. wink wink

QUESTION:
What is the difference between a cup half full and a cup half empty ??
welcome back bro!

there is no difference..the 2 of them ar correct..this is what Albert Einstein called relativity in Physics.. What is different in them is just the 'reference frame' or the 'frame of reference'..
In other words, I think, this is just to test the 'perceptions of individual'

also check the picture below:

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
dejt4u:
welcome back bro!

there is no difference..the 2 of them ar correct..this is what Albert Einstein called relativity in Physics.. What is different in them is just the 'reference frame' or the 'frame of reference'..
In other words, I think, this is just to test the 'perceptions of individual'

also check the picture below:

now am impressed!!

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by adebayour26: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2014
Following closely
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by adebayour26: 6:31pm On Sep 13, 2014
There's no difference.

because English Dictionary defines FULL as:
1. Containing the maximum possible amount of that which can fit in the space available. 2. Complete; with nothing omitted. 3. Total, entire.

And EMPTY as:
1. Devoid of content; containing nothing or nobody; vacant.

So, nothing can just be inbetween, it's either full or empty....the 'half' word should not be used with them.

Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
adebayour26: There's no difference.

1. Containing the maximum possible amount of that which can fit in the space available. 2. Complete; with nothing omitted. 3. Total, entire.

And EMPTY as:

So, nothing can just be inbetween, it's either full or empty....the 'half' word should not be used with them.
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 8:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
adebayour26: There's no difference.

And EMPTY as:

Thoughtful....
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2014
Here's another question....

If you buy a can drink ( Maltina, fanta, etc), how would you insert a straw to drink it??
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 3:45pm On Sep 14, 2014
Hiroshize: Here's another question....

If you buy a can drink ( Maltina, fanta, etc), how would you insert a straw to drink it??
a very straight forward question but i'm suspecting something...

My answer is 75% loading...
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by Hiroshize(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2014
dejt4u:
a very straight forward question but i'm suspecting something...

My answer is 75% loading...

Hehehehehe.... Ogbeni.... tongue
Re: Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers by dejt4u(m): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hi

Tell Us About Your Day / Names Of Animals Game / Re: Begin A Sentence And End It With The Same Word.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51