Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Ebola The Covert Theories - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola The Covert Theories (728 Views)

Cancer Vs Ebola – The Most Deadly / Ebola; The Myths And Facts / Ebola:the Salt Water Prevention Is Not A Rumour See Research (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebola The Covert Theories by dada01(m): 3:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lately I came across some Naija folks who believe that Ebola is a handiwork of the western world.

My first impulse was "stories for the gods"
But after due reasoning I am beginning to key into this theories, and below are my reasons;
1. Patrick sawyer (whom our president would make us believe that iz a madman) could have easily taken a flight to his adopted Country (America) instead of seeking health care in a country were its Leaders travel overseas for just medical check up
2. Nigeria is the Largest Country in Africa in terms of population, Hence a good market for ebola Vaccine.
3. There is a new disease in another west Africa country with Ebola like symptoms (Western firms competing)

I could go on and on But would like to get your inputs.

Yours faithfully
Re: Ebola The Covert Theories by oaroloye(m): 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
With all due respect, I believe that you have not yet done even partway thorough research into this issue, yet.

The first thing I heard about the case told me everything I felt I needed to know: that some Liberian nutjob had died of Ebola, having come into the country specifically to see some Faith Healer fellow called "Tuberculosis Joshua."

The story was perfectly credible to me, being consistent with the religious Insanity of our race, of which I myself have been as energetic a participant as anybody (Isaiah 44:20).

At the time, I did not have my usual Internet Access, otherwise, I should have gotten hold of the facts immediately.

A couple of weeks ago, I was about to write up my own hatchet job on this madman who has maybe Titanicked our whole country, and as such, I was forced to dig up actual first-hand reports on what actually happened.

I got an article from SAHARA REPORTERS COM, and my smug feeling that I knew everything I needed to know about the Patrick Sawyer case (I didn't even know what his name was by that point,) met an immediate iceberg! Ah.

The report talked about how he had gotten on the plane sick. He had collapsed at the airport, and avoided contact with passengers.

He had commendably checked himself into a hospital, first-off, done a bunch of dumb stuff, and then died.

Oh-kayy... got it!

The unreliability of my Internet connection, divided by my lack of skill using a phone with virtual keys tinier than my fingers caused me to lose the link to the story, so I had to try to find it again, so I could paste it into my Social Media Post.

I came upon another report, from another News outlet- I thought that it would not hurt to have a look-see....

THIS story said that Liberian Officials had fought Red Tape Battles to get Patrick Sawyer discharged from hospital and sent on to an ECOWAS Conference- where, they allegedly said, "he had a Key Role" to play. (YEAH, RIGHT!)

This was all starting to make a sick (sorry- could not resist,) sort of sense at last.

What we were seeing here must have been the launching of the first Black Ballistic Missile!

(Obscure old-guy irrelevant reference: Muhammad Ali said that when he was going to uppercut Joe Frazier, the audience would witness the launching of the World's first Black Satellite. Anybody else remember that?)

All right: now I had absolutely all the facts!

One more page couldn't hurt...?

I found an interview with the wife, Decontee (people do bear such names? Evidently.)

She said that her Patrick had come to Nigeria for medical treatment (clearlyly, he probably thought former President Yar'Adua must have left office by democratic means?) because he was sure that our Medical Establishment was that much better than Liberia's. (Alas- only the PRO Departments- who deserve a bonus- its not their fault their efforts backfired!)

I was now flabberwhelmed and overghasted.

This morning, I had known that Patrick Sawyer was just a mad idiot.
Then I had learned that he was a selfish murdering jerk.
Then I found out that he was the Guinness Book of World records candidate for "SLOWEST-EXPLODING SUICIDE-BOMBER."
Finally, I had learned that he was just a victim of.... uh, Juju-Augmented Advertizing?

It got worse:

Yet another page- this was, I believe, THE MAIL. There was a White woman inset by the beginning of the report.
This reminds me of the joke whose punchline goes: "There was a White Man sitting on the well!"

(Is it just me, or is it the more funny, the less you think about it?)

This lady dropped the 100 kiloton bombshell that Patrick Sawyer was actually on his way home to America, when he stopped by to infect us all in Lagos.

Maybe.....

Just maybe, all those people who say that they hate the idea of the Internet, and don't want nor need the Internet for anything, actually have a point...?
Re: Ebola The Covert Theories by dada01(m): 9:47am On Aug 27, 2014
Long story you got there.

But on a serious note you need to modify your post am yet to come in terms with what you are trying to pass across in contrast to the post.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Remedy To Cure Stretch Mark. / From Uganda Comes Another Ebola-like Virus-marburg Virus / Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury: What You Need To Know...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.