Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Only U Can End Boko Haram, Not President - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Only U Can End Boko Haram, Not President (428 Views)

Why Are Boko Haram Not Capturing Fighter Jets And War Helicopters? / Must A Northerner Emerged As President Come 2015 To End BOKO HARAM? / Boko Haram Not Invincible That FG Can’t Curtail – Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Only U Can End Boko Haram, Not President by donvicky07(m): 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
The President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Ayo Oritsejafor stated that only religious leaders in the North and not President Jonathan can end Boko Haram insurgency in the country.
Pastor Oritsejafor made this statement at the graduation, send off and prize giving ceremony of the Stephen International Centre, Abeokuta, Ogun state.
He said, ”With all sense of responsibility, I use this opporunity to call on all muslims religious leaders, traditional rulers and political leaders in the North (not necessarily in the South -West because in the South- West, we have lived together and I know the way it operates in the South- West) to rise up to solve this problem.
“I was told this land, where this school is built, was bought from a Muslim. If a Muslim organistaion needs a land and a Christian has it, sell it to him. That’s the way to live and the kind of country we are looking for.
” So, I am challenging our religious leaders, political rulers and traditional rulers from the North as a matter of urgency, to step forward and take responsibilities for the way out of this problem.”
Boko Haram, he said, “Is propelled by a religious ideology, and not poverty. Anyone who tells you it is poverty is not telling you the truth. It’s not poverty. When you blame it on poverty, it is an insult to poor people.
“There are poor people everywhere, even Christians all over the North. Bin laden was not a poor man; he is from a rich Saudi Arabian family.
“The Nigerian boy, who almost blew up a plane on Christmas day, is a son of one First Bank chairman and he is still one of the richest people in Nigeria today. Boko haram insurgency is an ideology. People are being radicalised by an ideology.
“Salafism and Wahabism are doctrines that come from Saudi Arabia and they have crept into the South -West . They have taken people to Saudi Arabia and sent them back to you and coming into our mosques, they start their own new mosques and radicalising some of them.”
He said, “Now, this ideology must be countered with a superior ideology. You can only counter an ideology with another superior ideology. They must engage them and win them with a superior argument and spread a positive view to Nigerians in the grass roots, to their followers in mosques and everywhere.”

1 Like

Re: Only U Can End Boko Haram, Not President by ideology(m): 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
He is right, I'll add the northern elites too need to be involved.

They all know how these sect were formed, they know their religious leaders teaching extremism and violence as opposed to the real teachings of Islam.

Niger Delta issue was solved by calling on the traditional rulers and elites to talk to the leaders of the militants, even Jonathan had to come back home.

No amount of force or war will solve this effectively

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders †̥φday Is My Birthday Ohhh / What's Wrong With This Pictures? / Happy Birthday To Ujsizzle! It's party time!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.