Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” (764 Views)

Caroline Danjuma & Fashion Police Fight For Calling Her Outfit & Earrings Cheap / Peter Okoye Apologizes For Calling His Brother Out Online - ''I'm Not Perfect'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” by entadaplace1: 7:32am On Aug 28, 2014
In recent times, KCEE has been under fire for his dress sense, the latest being his outfit to DJ Jimmy Jatt 25th anniversary event. He’s been called a lot of names and he’s never responded to any of the criticism about his dress sense.

But in an exclusive chat with Nigerian Entertainment Today, the award winning pop star said; ‘as far as I’m concerned those that are talking about my dress sense don’t even know what fashion is all about, they just want to talk, and as a celebrity, people just want to pick on you and say whatever they like.

‘For those that know me very well, if there’s anything that I can boast of, it’s fashion, I don’t joke with it. Most of these talks actually started from pictures I posted on Instagram, and really I got the buzz I needed at that time, so I even went on to post more pictures so people would talk more, and guess what, my followers have increased drastically with all these fashion talks.

‘I don’t even respond to them, I don’t take it serious, I’m happy and making more money, so I’m not loosing anything. If you come to my wardrobe you’ll know what I’m saying, I’m a fashion icon and I can brag about it. Sometimes there are some things you can’t brag about, but for me I can brag about fashion, I don’t have a problem with my fashion sense’.

A lot of his critics have advised him to get the services of a professional stylist, however, when asked if he has a stylist, KCEE said, ‘I don’t have a stylist, I style myself. These same set of people that talk negatively about a certain outfit would commend me on another one, so I just see them as confused people. The truth is I don’t get angry at them, rather I get inspired’.

Here are the comments about what he wore:

Fans recently lashed out on Kcee for matching a pair of pink trousers with a pink patterned shirt, a look many described as gay.

While a few including @ose-ose wrote ‘Kcee ooo, why you dey dress like dis now’, questioning his choice of outfit, others like

@mr_yemi outrightly labelled him gay, ‘Gay pink panther, brah shey na color blindness or na ur shade’ he wrote. Here are a few of the hilarious comments that flooded Kcee’s Instagram page.

@amahypertekniga Wow…U Gay?

@missy_yinny ‘He looks like what they should have used for nicki minaj’s PINK FRIDAY album cover #not my business tho’

Lots of comments and other pix here

Re: I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” by tuffgongjo(m): 7:51am On Aug 28, 2014
The guy was created on the day that color distribution was on holiday.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” by sugarboimaxy(m): 8:28am On Aug 28, 2014
Seriously! If dat guy's a fashion icon, den I must be the queen's first born, Dat makes me next to the throne!
Re: I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” by ElFenomeno1: 8:29am On Aug 28, 2014
Absolute fashion calamity

KCee you are a disgrace to the world of fashion!
Re: I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” by McWhillion(m): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2014
Why you guys hating, he is definitely a fashion eye corn or did he mean otherwise?

1 Like

Re: I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” by McWhillion(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2014
I believe the guy is trying to experiment with the colours of the rainbow, he forgot that pink is not one of them.
Re: I Am A Fashion Icon – Kcee Reacts To His Fashion Critics For Calling Him “clown” by ijebabe: 8:59am On Aug 28, 2014

(1)

Gossip: Mavin Concert Uk Ft. Don Jazzy, Dr Sid, D’prince, Di’ja, Tiwa Savage,etc / Photos:ice Prince With Mr Marley On Deck / Photos: Charly Boy Is Odudubariba In New Dramatic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.