Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

How Do I Ask For Salary Increase? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Ask For Salary Increase? (764 Views)

The Hard Truth About Your Salary / The Best Way To Ask For Salary Increase From Your Boss And Get It ! / The Real Airport Cleaner Who Returned N12M Gets Salary Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Ask For Salary Increase? by Hartleyangel(f): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2014
Goodmorning NLanders,i just joined the family pls say welcome to me. My question is this i work with a firm here in lagos i'm 6month old in the job,after 1year,i'll go back to abuja cos thats where am based.and that was d agreement being their HQ. The firm is runned by a lebanese who favours only a few workers.smppl hav been working for years with same salary they started with.i was evn confirmd without a salary increase.by jan i wil move bk to abj.pls hw do i ask 4an increase in salary without incuring d wrath of the MD knwing that the cost of living in abuja is high and we dnt hv a staff bus there bt we do here in lagos. FYI d human resource is jst a figure head who cn do nothing.the lebanese MD has the final say.thank u
Re: How Do I Ask For Salary Increase? by Mellorix: 5:25pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hartleyangel: Goodmorning NLanders,i just joined the family pls say welcome to me. My question is this i work with a firm here in lagos i'm 6month old in the job,after 1year,i'll go back to abuja cos thats where am based.and that was d agreement being their HQ. The firm is runned by a lebanese who favours only a few workers.smppl hav been working for years with same salary they started with.i was evn confirmd without a salary increase.by jan i wil move bk to abj.pls hw do i ask 4an increase in salary without incuring d wrath of the MD knwing that the cost of living in abuja is high and we dnt hv a staff bus there bt we do here in lagos. FYI d human resource is jst a figure head who cn do nothing.the lebanese MD has the final say.thank u

OK... You have few questions to answer .

1. What is your role there? are you a trainee? or please specify
2. Can you consider you self despensible at your current work place?
3. How much increase are you idealy looking for ? 10% or your current renumeration? or 6% etc.

The above questions will help us advice you futher.

Cheers.!
Re: How Do I Ask For Salary Increase? by Hartleyangel(f): 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
I'm a permanent staff. I actually learnt on the job and have been doing well so far in all d jobs given to me.i hv registered for my job related proffesional exam and wil write the first stage by oct.i wasn't interviewed per-se. My uncle is a friend to d md so i was asked to start work immediately and was given an app letter. 10% is quiet small but i wouldn't mind. Bt i would wish it were anything above 10%
Re: How Do I Ask For Salary Increase? by Mellorix: 6:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hartleyangel: I'm a permanent staff. I actually learnt on the job and have been doing well so far in all d jobs given to me.i hv registered for my job related proffesional exam and wil write the first stage by oct.i wasn't interviewed per-se. My uncle is a friend to d md so i was asked to start work immediately and was given an app letter. 10% is quiet small but i wouldn't mind. Bt i would wish it were anything above 10%
Can you consider your self despensible at your current work place?
Re: How Do I Ask For Salary Increase? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
Your transfer Letter may come with a salary increase. .

If it doesn't, you can tell your uncle to talk to the md or you talk to the md yourself as long as you know you have been doing your job well...

But is there no laid down salary scale??
Re: How Do I Ask For Salary Increase? by bizngr(f): 11:08am On Aug 29, 2014
Hartleyangel: Goodmorning NLanders,i just joined the family pls say welcome to me. My question is this i work with a firm here in lagos i'm 6month old in the job,after 1year,i'll go back to abuja cos thats where am based.and that was d agreement being their HQ. The firm is runned by a lebanese who favours only a few workers.smppl hav been working for years with same salary they started with.i was evn confirmd without a salary increase.by jan i wil move bk to abj.pls hw do i ask 4an increase in salary without incuring d wrath of the MD knwing that the cost of living in abuja is high and we dnt hv a staff bus there bt we do here in lagos. FYI d human resource is jst a figure head who cn do nothing.the lebanese MD has the final say.thank u
I already have an article on this topic. If only you can dedicate three minutes of your time to read through it. Click link [size=18pt]HERE[/size]
CC: Mellorix MarvellousGod

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know That Smartest Guys Don't Always Make Good Team Leaders?? / 4 Things That Made Your Future / Advice; I Have Passion For Health Rehabilitation But Am Afraid To Leave My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.