Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Downfall Of Nigeria Education - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Downfall Of Nigeria Education (644 Views)

Is This The Downfall Of ASUU?-dont Work Against Our Interest, ASUU Urges Members / What Can Nigerians Do To Revive Nigeria Education Sector / Assu Is The Problem Of Nigeria Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Downfall Of Nigeria Education by yebokos(f): 8:05am On Aug 28, 2014
Where are we heading to Nigeria..for long now have been telling people that Western Education in Nigeria is not meant for all.
Aspirants will be hoping for admission,after long waiting luckly their names is out,the next thing is school charges (federal or private) school.
I was shocked when my neighbour told me that the ACCEPTANCE FEES OF UNILORIN is 20,000 naira, this is a Federal University for God sake,how much will the School charges be?? Were will ordinary civil servant,market women get the money from,and is not as if good JOB is awaiting them after graduation, Please like I said earlier...Nigeria where are we heading to.

Pre-Admission Screening Instructions
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2014/15
PROVISIONAL ADMISSIONS
1. All prospective candidates are expected to visit the
University of Ilorin website and click on provisional admission
link in order to confirm their admission status.
2. Click on Pre-Admission Screening Login
3. Enter JAMB Registration Number as your Login-ID and your
Surname in the spaces provided, e.g JAMB Registration No:
23455677FC and Surname: Abu.
4. Click on Login
5. On the Menu List on the left hand side, click on "Click on
Check Admission Status" Link
6. Proceed to the payment of Acceptance of N20,000.00 plus
N250.00 processing fees by clicking on "Click here to make
Payment" button. NOTE THAT PAYMENT FOR ACCEPTANCE
FEES CLOSES BY 11:59 pm ON 21ST September, 2014, AFTER
WHICH THE ADMISSION WOULD HAVE LAPSED.
7. Click on "Continue" button if displayed.
8. After Successful Payment: Two links will be displayed on the
left hand side Menu List. Click Upload Document(s) to
continue.
9. For each upload, ensure that correct information is recorded
by cross-checking your data with the table underneath.
10. After completing Step 9 above, Check on the Portal
regularly for your clearance status.
11. For further enquiries contact :
admissions2014@unilorin.edu.ng
Click here to continue.
Registration Procedure for Fresh
Students Registration Procedure for
Returning Students
UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN
2014/2015 Provisional Admission. Notice to all
Students.
Re: Downfall Of Nigeria Education by MoyoGENERAL: 8:40am On Aug 28, 2014
ppl always say, if education is expensive, why not try ignorance!!!!
have you checked the tuition fees of schools abroad!!!!
imagine an average school paying 4,000 dollars in the US for its citizen...
is there any federal school that pay up to that amount on Nigeria...mind you that's about 650,000 naira....
yet we complain!!!!!
the bottom line is, education cannot be totally free!!!
acceptance and tuition fees are meant to address specific issues in the university!!!
federal govt won't just do everything!!!!!
...the thing is may God provide for Us to afford quality education for our kids!!!
Re: Downfall Of Nigeria Education by yebokos(f): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2014
Amen to ur prayers....but y do we always compare things some how...mind u am a product of UNILORIN..2011 acceptance fees was 5k,2013/2014 10k,2014/2015 20k...u said let's keep praying God should provide,mind u their is diff between Education and Western Education,I never said Education is expensive but so called western Education...most of the people behind dis hike of price children don't attend dis schools...come down to Ilorin,many people are on struggling side of d society,eating is not easy not to talk of social life...don't mind things u read in papers or news... Deir is not much in Kwara state,take for instance,a pensioner dat has 2 children dats 40k only for acceptance fees,how do u think most of dis pensioner's are been paid?where will dey get money for school fees,feeding, accommodation, textbook...to crown everything is not as if job is waiting for them ooo,Government will still say self empowermant,my point is dis Western Education is not meant for all in dis country,I maybe wrong its just my personal opinion.Thanks
Re: Downfall Of Nigeria Education by Donfamous(m): 9:55am On Aug 28, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: ppl always say, if education is expensive, why not try ignorance!!!!
have you checked the tuition fees of schools abroad!!!!
imagine an average school paying 4,000 dollars in the US for its citizen...
is there any federal school that pay up to that amount on Nigeria...mind you that's about 650,000 naira....
yet we complain!!!!!
the bottom line is, education cannot be totally free!!!
acceptance and tuition fees are meant to address specific issues in the university!!!
federal govt won't just do everything!!!!!
...the thing is may God provide for Us to afford quality education for our kids!!!
when u are comparing the school fees, why don't you also try and compare the minimum wage over there. Cos that'll do justice
Re: Downfall Of Nigeria Education by yebokos(f): 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2014
Education becoming more expensive in Nigeria and nothing much to show for it,no wonder all our YOUTHs wanna turn to Musicians,Footballers...(Youths are leaders of tomorrow,in real sense please how true is this)

(1) (Reply)

any Alternative To Blocking Lecturers? please help!! / Advance Your Career Easily With ICAN Here. / Former Miss UNILAG, Kessiana Salubi Dies At 34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.