Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? (836 Views)

Has Your Pastor Ever Preached From Songs Of Solomon? / Jesus Also Preached Jihad / Pilgrimage To Badagry Where Christianity Was First Preached In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2014
job 36 vs 10-11 - He opens our ears to discipline and commands that everyone should return from iniquity, if we obey Him we shall spend all our years in pleasure and prosperity [/b]Nowadays we see the sanctimonious and holier than thou churches mostly the pentecostal ones who commonly agree that prosperity preaching in the churches is evil... But how often should it be preached and is it neccessary that it should be preached in churches?

The truth is to be told that prosperity is the integral aspect of salvation.. Lets look at the bible

[b] 2 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 9. says '' for you all know the kindness of our Lord Jesus Christ that despite the fact that He was rich, yet for our sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might be rich
. This includes physical and spiritual richness.. Jesus came for us to be made rich in Him. Hence poverty for a child of God is unwelcomed.. But these so called infallible mama an holy holy papa of the churches keep on holding to the view that prosperity gospel is from the pit of hell.. How? Must a christian suffer? because those that are poor are likely to be tempted to steal, tell lies etc.
The biblical king david said in proverbs 30 vs 8 '' remove far from me poverty lest i be poor and steal and take the name of God in vain..
I really think prosperity should be included in the sermons as it is vital and imperative to the believer as through it can we obligate our charitable and philantropic obligations as a child of the rich God must not suffer in penury and abject pauperism.

Conclusively i finalise the thread with the words of apostle paul in philipians 4 vs 19 - But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.. Amen
share in your opinions
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2014
Prosperity miracles occur every day. It is demonstrated in the ability of Men of God, Daddy Overseers, Pastors, e.t.c to convert the tithes and offerings of their miserably poor congregants into mansions, SUV's and private jets.

One last question prophet, how exactly did Paul know that Jesus was rich ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: Nowadays we see the sanctimonious and holier than thou churches mostly the pentecostal ones who commonly agree that prosperity preaching in the churches is evil... But how often should it be preached and is it neccessary that it should be preached in churches?

The truth is to be told that prosperity is the integral aspect of salvation.. Lets look at the bible

2 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 9. says '' for you all know the kindness of our Lord Jesus Christ that despite the fact that He was rich, yet for our sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might be rich . This includes physical and spiritual richness.. Jesus came for us to be made rich in Him. Hence poverty for a child of God is unwelcomed.. But these so called infallible mama an holy holy papa of the churches keep on holding to the view that prosperity gospel is from the pit of hell.. How? Must a christian suffer? because those that are poor are likely to be tempted to steal, tell lies etc.
The biblical king david said in proverbs 30 vs 8 '' remove far from me poverty lest i be poor and steal and take the name of God in vain..
I really think prosperity should be included in the sermons as it is vital and imperative to the believer as through it can we obligate our charitable and philantropic obligations as a child of the rich God must not suffer in penury and abject pauperism.

Conclusively i finalise the thread with the words of apostle paul in philipians 4 vs 19 - But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.. Amen
share in your opinions
SECONDED....
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sarassin: Prosperity miracles occur every day. It is demonstrated in the ability of Men of God, Daddy Overseers, Pastors, e.t.c to convert the tithes and offerings of their miserably poor congregants into mansions, SUV's and private jets.

One last question prophet, how exactly did Paul know that Jesus was rich ?
do u question the bible? Of Course paul was imparted with the gift of the hol Spirit which made him knew
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
annyplenty:

As much as you are right that Gospel is a total Gospel, does it mean that you should preach money only and discard salvation like most pastorsare doing now? When Jesus sent out his disciples, did he send them to go and teach them how to make money or heaven?

IT IS ABSOLUTE EVIL WHEN PASTORS DONT PREACH SALVATION, REBUKE SIN, WARN PEOPLE ABOUT HELL BUT SPEND ALL THE DAYS OF THEIR LIVES PREACHING PROSPERITY AND MONEY.
www.jesuscoming1..com
that is salvation which comes first (matthew 6 vs 33) after repentance and salvation.. The need for God to bless his people with prosperity is important to be preached in churches and to urge them to now use their blessings to help people thru charity and thru this they will lay up treasures in heaven....

My prayer - God of prosperity prosper me to be able to live for u and to live for others and to make me perfect in every good work in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Rich4god(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Udeme... Why do you have to use your second moniker to reply to your post...

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Profbrian: do u question the bible? Of Course paul was imparted with the gift of the hol Spirit which made him knew

Then clearly this gift was not imparted to the rest of Jesus' disciples and Apostles. They make no mention of the supposed earthly riches of Jesus. And pray, do enlighten us, how do you suppose Jesus acquired his wealth ? Last I read, he was a lowly carpenter. And if indeed he was rich, why did he go on about it being " easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle....." I'm sure you know the rest of it?

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: Udeme... Why do you have to use your second moniker to reply to your post...
my name is brian or cant u read btw the lines? The OP's 2go and fb username is the same as my NL's account.. Dude get that into ur head.. Fix back ur post wella

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
Profbrian: my name is brian or cant u read btw the lines? The OP's 2go and fb username is the same as my NL's account.. Dude get that into ur head.. Fix back ur post wella
lol i gave someone here my 2go's username which is profbrian AND he mixed it up an confuses him
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2014
Rich4god: Udeme... Why do you have to use your second moniker to reply to your post...
hmm really?
Profbrian: my name is brian or cant u read btw the lines? The OP's 2go and fb username is the same as my NL's account.. Dude get that into ur head.. Fix back ur post wella
PERFECTLY FIXED
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
uboma:

Exactly...

Look around the churches that dwell so much on the message of prosperity, you will find out that about 80% of their followers are living from hand to mouth. Yet, they brainwash these naive followers to part with the little they have all in the name of contribution for the church.

Its really a pitiable situation...
i have given u the Word... I speak the truth that God needs to bless His followers with prosperity and not sufferings and poverty of any kind.... Take it or leave it
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
uboma:

What were the teachings of Jesus Christ while on earth? Was it about prosperity You guys don't get it, do you? Brainwashing your followers with the message of prosperity. Of what use is the prosperity if one does not have a good standing with God? Will prosperity lead you to salvation?
u really dont get it. I said that its preaching should not be neglected in churches... Repentance is paramount yea but after repentance to salvation prosperity must be given to the children of God..

Job 36 vs 11 - He openeth their ear to discipline and commanded that they return from iniquity, if they obey Him they will spend the rest of their years in prosperity... Can u now see it?
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by uboma(m): 2:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: i have given u the Word... I speak the truth that God needs to bless His followers with prosperity and not sufferings and poverty of any kind.... Take it or leave it

You still haven't answered my questions. Okay lemme narrow them to just one, what is one requirement to gain salvation? Prosperity or obedience to the Word of God?

The Bible says that the World is passing away and so are its desires... (i can't recall the exact verse now). So if all the mundane things of the world will be destroyed, what is the essence of overemphasizing on the message of prosperity? Again, i ask, will prosperity give you salvation
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by uboma(m): 2:16pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: u really dont get it. I said that its preaching should not be neglected in churches... Repentance is paramount yea but after repentance to salvation prosperity must be given to the children of God..

Job 36 vs 11 - He openeth their ear to discipline and commanded that they return from iniquity, if they obey Him they will spend the rest of their years in prosperity... Can u now see it?

From your initial post, you said this;

I find this to be untrue...
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Rich4god(m): 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
So much for a coincidence... And you are always seen in udeme's thread supporting and seconding him...

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by PastorKun(m): 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: Nowadays we see the sanctimonious and holier than thou churches mostly the pentecostal ones who commonly agree that prosperity preaching in the churches is evil... But how often should it be preached and is it neccessary that it should be preached in churches?

2 CORINTHIANS 8 VS 9. says '' for you all know the kindness of our Lord Jesus Christ that despite the fact that He was rich, yet for our sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might be rich . This includes physical and spiritual richness.. Jesus came for us to be made rich in Him. Hence poverty for a child of God is unwelcomed.. But these so called infallible mama an holy holy papa of the churches keep on holding to the view that prosperity gospel is from the pit of hell.. How? Must a christian suffer? because those that are poor are likely to be tempted to steal, tell lies etc.

share in your opinions

This boy is a real hustler sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by uboma(m): 3:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
PastorKun:

This boy is a real hustler sha grin

Lol. And i thought you would support his claims but thank God that i am not the only one seeing it differently...
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Olusanya333(m): 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2014
Prosperity this how Christ says u should ask for it "Give us our daily bread" nd Paul further xplain this "For if we have clothing and food we shall be content". Mansions and millions is not an attribute of a son of God.

1 Like

Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by uboma(m): 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Prosperity this how Christ says u should ask for it "Give us our daily bread" nd Paul further xplain this "For if we have clothing and food we shall be content". Mansions and millions is not an attribute of a son of God.

Abeg preach very well to the op.
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
uboma:

You still haven't answered my questions. Okay lemme narrow them to just one, what is one requirement to gain salvation? Prosperity or obedience to the Word of God?

The Bible says that the World is passing away and so are its desires... (i can't recall the exact verse now). So if all the mundane things of the world will be destroyed, what is the essence of overemphasizing on the message of prosperity? Again, i ask, will prosperity give you salvation

matthew 6 vs 33 told us that we should first seek the kingdom of God and its righteousness.. After all these things shal be added unto us... After salvation and sanctification.. God will now send His showers of blessings and prosperity upon His children,. I never said prosperity preceeds salvation.. Always read a topic well before commenting. So that u wont confused urself and others. Tanks
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
Olusanya333: Prosperity this how Christ says u should ask for it "Give us our daily bread" nd Paul further xplain this "For if we have clothing and food we shall be content". Mansions and millions is not an attribute of a son of God.
if u say that mansions and riches must not be an attribute to the children of God then u mean God doesnt want us to be rich and to strengthen the needy thru our richness and then that means job 36 vs 11 is a lie nau... A word of God for u is.

psalm 35 vs 27 - let us shout for joy and be glad let us say the LORD be magnified because God delights in the prosperity of His children and servants. always read the bible brother and let the true Spirit of God guide u. Shalom
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Olusanya333(m): 7:06pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: if u say that mansions and riches must not be an attribute to the children of God then u mean God doesnt want us to be rich and to strengthen the needy thru our richness and then that means job 36 vs 11 is a lie nau... A word of God for u is.

psalm 35 vs 27 - let us shout for joy and be glad let us say the LORD be magnified because God delights in the prosperity of His children and servants. always read the bible brother and let the true Spirit of God guide u. Shalom
Thats why brothen when one prays with such a prophecy interpreting as riches dat God promise nothing happens.I tell you brother that all the riches prophesied in the Bible partains to d riches made known in the New Jerusalem nd nt on earth.Peace
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by Olusanya333(m): 7:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
uboma:

Abeg preach very well to the op.
It is well
Re: Prosperity Gospel - How Often Is It Preached In Your Church? by uboma(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
ProphetUdeme: matthew 6 vs 33 told us that we should first seek the kingdom of God and its righteousness.. After all these things shal be added unto us... After salvation and sanctification.. God will now send His showers of blessings and prosperity upon His children,. I never said prosperity preceeds salvation.. Always read a topic well before commenting. So that u wont confused urself and others. Tanks

It is you who is confused. Read through your first post very well and compare it with the above words of yours. You will notice that your very first post is out of context with the scriptures and the above words of yours shows that you are back on track.

(1) (Reply)

What It Really Mean To Be Born Again / Is This Jinn/devils Or What? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.