Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Stockbroker Recommendations - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Stockbroker Recommendations (1722 Views)

Most Reliable Stockbroker In Nigeria / Looking For A Reliable Stockbroker To Help Sell My Access Bank Shares / Stock Brokers In Nigeria: Rate Your Stockbroker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stockbroker Recommendations by Artboy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2014
I'm looking for a good, honest, and transparent securities company to use as stockbrokers.
Most especially one that has an online platform. I need to be able to login to a website and veiw my portfolio with details.
I need to be able to pay into the brokerage's account via my debit card. I need to be able to fill a web form to place a sale or purchase order. I need to be able to see when the transactions have been effected. I need to be able to see things like when bonuses and dividends have been declared on the shares I own. etc.
I don't want to have to talk on the phone or send SMS to do any of the above
I also need one with very good customer service so in case there's an issue I can communicate via email and get prompt responses.

Thanks.
Re: Stockbroker Recommendations by iyoti: 5:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
You need a broker that can trade on all Exchanges,e.g NSE, FMDQ, NASD, NCX that should be your request. They should also online trading platforms. The online trading platforms are structured in such a form that requests coming from the online sites impact their live trading feeds on this exchanges. Only very few stockbroking firms have this type of structure. Example of such stockbroking firms are UBA securities, Meristem, BGL etc..

I hope this addresses your concern

1 Like

Re: Stockbroker Recommendations by Artboy(m): 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2014
Thanks @iyoti. I'm mainly interested in the NSE. I don't intend to do the actual trading myself and I wasn't sure that was even possible here in Nigeria. I have a brokerage I'm currently using but they don't have an online service for clients. I find emailing a scanned order, then calling, and calling to remind, and calling to confirm, and calling to get my statement very very inefficient. And their customer service [at least to "small" investors as myself] is crap.

My needs are much simpler: Just being able to send a purchase/sale order via a web form and be sure it will be executed as quickly as possible, and be notified when it has; and not worry that it'll be ignored until I pester somebody over the phone. Being able to see in a table the details of the stocks I own (including dividends & bonuses). Submitting certificates without hassle. And quick response customer service -preferably via email- to respond to any issues I might have.

I've asked around and a couple of recommendations have come up repeatedly:
- BGL
- CashCraft
- Investment One
- Meristem

Additional recommendations are welcome (with reason/example/personal experience)
Now, the issue is to choose one that best meets my needs
Re: Stockbroker Recommendations by freeman67: 6:55am On Sep 10, 2014
You can try Morgan Capital. Their website is www.morgancapitalgroup.com .You can even buy and sell on your own real-time provided you have a system or phone that can access their itrade portal. But you will have to call them whenever you send or transfer money to them.
hope this helps
Re: Stockbroker Recommendations by Moneyb: 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Also if u need good software to trade your online stocks, both Nigerian and foreign check out http://products.marketsgain.net/. They are tried, tested and trusted.

My 2kobo contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaex Have Very Terrible Customer Care Agents! / / hmmm never again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.