Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? (3041 Views)

Android Tv Box plus 64gb memory card: N9,999 / The Way Forward: Android Tv Box / Android Tv Box For Sale 10k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? by dedetosin: 6:38am On Aug 29, 2014
Hi guys, iv just got some qualms about Android boxes in naija. Iv got a cousin based in UK and wants to come home with over 50 android boxes quite useful and popular in the UK and world wide . He intends selling in naija but wants to know if it's a good niche selling over there. They are used to stream all latest movies, sports games and all general multimedia as you might have known and receives all satellite station peculiar to the country it is installed. It's just plug and play connected to any tv to make it smart. Please any thoughts would be very good. Thanks guys
Re: Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? by Leopantro: 7:46am On Aug 29, 2014
unless you have a market of die hard android fans, it's not so popular. i have the MK808 version and it took ages to sell the extras that i had but that could be due to location. make sure each unit comes with it's own wireless keyboard but also get wireless keypads that work VERY well with it. had to get an XBOX 360 wireless receivers to get a pad working with it.

alternatively, if you could install linux into some and get an external cd rom drive to work with it, you can sell it as the smallest linux PC for tech geeks that are interested. but remember that to connect to the net, the user must use a hotspot because Wifi access is not as common as it is over there.

hope that helps

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? by mjay(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2014
I just ordered for one from eBay. People's awareness is still low. But Nigerians catch up very fast, once they see something that works and it's affordable, trust me they will go for it. Internet is a major requirement and many broadband providers are increasing their customer base.
Re: Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? by dedetosin: 9:29am On Sep 01, 2014
Thanks a lot for this. @mjay. Please when you receive can you check what add ons and or links you can access from there that works. And what links are available. Obviously from UK stations like 40d, 1 channel, itv and other links work but won't work in naija. Do you have an idea which ones work in naija. Also @ leo , what links or add ons work on urs? If you still have it with you?
Re: Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? by Leopantro: 10:08am On Sep 01, 2014
you are talking about XBMC. i rooted mine and installed Finless Rom then installed a VPN so all video pluggins work for, when the links are not dead. however, i use older versions of Navi as the newer ones don't allow you tp download and i prefer downloading than streaming. Also hooked up my 1TB hdd to it and connected it to my home wifi network so i can stream contents to any wifi device.

make sure you don't get a clone; they are prone to wifi issues
Re: Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? by dedetosin: 10:35pm On Sep 10, 2014
The issue I have with the box in nigeria is cos of the lack of Internet or little Internet available in the country. Since the box is fully Internet based, who do you guys suggest would be the target audience please . Thank you
Re: Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? by Leopantro: 4:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
focus on the non-internet aspect of the box. if you can get compartible pads and good HD games that work very well with it, it could sell. but i must warn you, that will not be easy.
Re: Are Android Tv Boxes Popular In Nigeria? by LadyJackie: 5:22pm On May 19, 2018
dedetosin:
The issue I have with the box in nigeria is cos of the lack of Internet or little Internet available in the country. Since the box is fully Internet based

I agree

(1) (Reply)

Tmobile Device Unlock App Samsung Galaxy Note3,4,5, S6, S6 Edge, Edge+ / Iphone 6 Used 32gb for 20k only -sold / Use Tiger Generator To Power Fridge Or Deep Freezer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.