Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery (702 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome Shades Ex-husband, Pastor Chris / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Chris Oyakhilome's Wife Files For Divorce Over Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by drealnamdy(m): 10:55am On Aug 29, 2014
cryAnita Oyakhilome is filing for divorce from her husband and General Overseer of Believers’ Love World Inc aka Jesus Embassy.

According to The Cable

The wife is seeking divorce on the grounds of “unreasonable behaviour” and “adultery”. She outlined several allegations against the pastor which TheCable cannot publish for legal reasons. The divorce case, with Suit No FD14D01650, was filed on April 9, 2014 at Divorce Section A, Central Family Court, First Avenue House, High Holborn, London, UK, on Anita’s behalf by Attwaters Jameson Hill Solicitors, a full-service law firm with expertise in commercial law and a strong consumer focus in family, wills and estate, personal injury law and medical negligence. Efforts to reconcile the popular couple, whose church is one of the biggest denominations in Nigeria and has branches all over world, have failed.

They have two teenage daughters, Sharon and Charlyn. Oyakhilome is the president of Believers’ Love World Inc, the registered name of the Christian ministry, while his wife is the vice-president. The pastor, according to an elder of the church, has denied allegations of adultery and believes his wife is being influenced by “bad friends” who are intent on destroying their home. While Anita believes she has been relegated in the scheme of things in the church, her husband has reportedly accused her of trying to usurp power and authority above her seniors in the ministry. Sources told TheCable that the pastor had been making efforts to avoid divorce in the hope that the wife would eventually have a change of mind.

However, TheCable can also report that the decree nissi was served on the charismatic pastor in his hotel room during a recent visit to the UK. Decree nissi, in legal terms, is like a yellow card in a football match which is a precursor to a red card (“decree absolute”) if no new evidence is provided to stall proceedings. Church insiders said Oyakhilome had been hoping for rapprochement, but he was left with no option than to receive the papers when the lawyers cornered him at his hotel in London. The decree absolute, which will effectively end the marriage, is expected to be issued soon while terms of the divorce will be worked out by the lawyers on both sides.

Continue reading at The Cable
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 29, 2014
Don't know what to believe...
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by echobee(f): 11:16am On Aug 29, 2014
lipsrsealed undecided undecided embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by Bryan12(m): 11:17am On Aug 29, 2014
I hope this is not true cos if it is.....comment reserved cry
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by Donjcco(m): 11:19am On Aug 29, 2014
`
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by lastmessenger: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2014
His children will soon come and fight to defend him.sit down and only read the comments
Re: Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by dollarlander: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2014
Well, I don't think it is not true. Since the pastor has publicly said masturb.ation is not a sin, I have since then reserved my comments. Also, there is nothing like sin in their messages, anything goes.

But it will be a great disaster waiting in the corner if Pastor Anita eventually divorced Pastor Chris.

Let's watch as the case unfolds.

But I enjoy Pastor Chris teaching. Just that I found it difficult to unlearn my moral values I have built over 30yrs to learn that those things I run away from were not sin.

3 Likes

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by honeychild(f): 11:36am On Aug 29, 2014
This is what happens when you give women unwarranted authority in church. All this pastor and pastor Mrs in church is unscriptural. She now wants more authority than her husband is willing to give her.
The christianity in the Bible never exalted any prophet or apostle's wife. In fact we do not know the name of any apostle's wife.

When pastor's wives learn to keep to their proper position and leave church governance to their husbands, all these unnecessary scandals will reduce.

1 Like

Re: Anita Oyakhilome Files For Divorce On The Ground Of Adultery by lastmessenger: 11:40am On Aug 29, 2014
honeychild: This is what happens when you give women unwarranted authority in church. All this pastor and pastor Mrs in church is unscriptural. She now wants more authority than her husband is willing to give her.
The christianity in the Bible never exalted any prophet or apostle's wife. In fact we do not know the name of any apostle's wife.

When pastor's wives learn to keep to their proper position and leave church governance to their husbands, all these unnecessary scandals will reduce.
Really?

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED! Journalist Shares Audio Of T.B Joshua Bribing Them With N50,000. / Psalm 50:15 Call On God When You Need Help And He Will Answer You / A Liberal Muslim's Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.