Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Ebonyi state tender board scam (trending Scam) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ebonyi state tender board scam (trending Scam) (1261 Views)

"Welcome To Nigeria" Trending On Twitter (pictures Of The Hilarious Tweets) / #itsonlyinnigeria Trending On Twitter (screenshots) / Debosky, Please Tender Justice With Mercy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi state tender board scam (trending Scam) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
I got text 27th august 2014 by 12.34pm, requesting for quotation for supply and installation of 77unit of medium size aquarium, I was marvel that I got a text from an Honorable of the federation, though it's not strange because have worked with some of them, immediately I called the number back to confirm if the message is true, he told me he has been trying my number but not no avail. He said the board need an aquarium for some new building and they will be sitting on thursday 28th of august 2014, and told me to prepare the quotation same day, so that the secretary could print it out and he can present it to the board the following day. I got home did the calculation, and forward it to his email (MELCHISEDEC62@YAHOO.COM ) which I forward with a text and he reply OK.
I expect he's reply on thursday, I didn't get any until Friday morning when his call came through around 8.35am telling me to send my company certificate and tax payment receipts, we talked for 3mins 2secs but he ruling out of airtime and called back 9.03am telling me I can't call him back that he ran out of airtime, but I told him I was on my way to get airtime which was a lie, it was then that he told me I will be paying some certain fee for the company registration with the state, and I will come to abakaliki probably on monday to meet the board, I played along as mumu, which he didn't know he told me he will confirm the registration with the state fee before noon, that he will call me back or I should call. Fast forward to 11.49am my phone rang and I rush to pick it, it was this same acclaim HON MEL ONU, that called telling me he has confirmed the registration fee that it's 65k plus another 10k for back dated so it won't be as if it's because of the project I just got the registration, that my fee is at the stage B, because stage B are project below 20million, I calculated 11million because he requested I put 20% on it (good format to convince me it's real). Immediately we conclude he said he will send me his secretary account details so as to pay the money (Hin for see mumu) I cut in immediately asking him to find a job and create a good future for his children and family, though I send EBOLA thunder as freebies to him, he called me a small boy which I addlmitted to that as a small boy I don't scam but as a big man you scam.

Please nairalanders beware of this new scam
His number: 08146706436

The text picture attached below.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi state tender board scam (trending Scam) by okonja(m): 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Alright, noted grin grin grin, Can you find another topic for this?, don't you think everyone is aware of scam before now?
Re: Ebonyi state tender board scam (trending Scam) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
Lol him no even smart to use Bulk SMS number self
Re: Ebonyi state tender board scam (trending Scam) by hiphensales: 11:37pm On Sep 03, 2014
GUYS BE CAREFUL.

LOOK ATTACHED THE FORMAT HE SENT TO ME.

@redtailshark Thank you so much. You just saved me cost of driving to Ebonyi to find out myself.

He called me few hours ago so I can come to Ebonyi tomorrow because they will be sitting on Friday.

Re: Ebonyi state tender board scam (trending Scam) by jydemann: 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2016
The scam artist called me this morning with 09083829191 stating his name as Hon Paul Ikeagu, that there is a building project he wants my company to handle for Ebonyi state government, as a sharp guy I knew it was a scam, winning contract without bidding even from a southeast state that I have never been to?. ...He even asked me to call the Chairman of Ebonyi state Tenders board, another Hon Emmanuel Orji on 07010794116....These guys have perfected the scam so much that even Truecaller app will confirm the names. .......Good people...please BEWARE!!! CON ARTIST are now so many looking to prey on people's belief of unmerited/unsolicited blessing.
Re: Ebonyi state tender board scam (trending Scam) by TheTrueSeeker2: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Same Hon. Mike Ebonyi (Truecaller even confirmed the name) called for my company to handle a mega project for the Government of Ebonyi State. A major contract to supply a minimum of 250 sets of computers to the Government house Abakiliki and another 250 sets across 12 LGAs (250 x 13)in the state. All 12 LGAs to be networked and connected to the central government house in Abakiliki, an internet host server etc.

Documents to come along with

CAC Doc
3 years TAX Clearance Cert
company profile
application and intro letter addressed to the chairman Tender's Board Ebonyi State Nig.

Well, I wanted to play along while we track this scammer and get him and his crew arrested but i just realized i have to spare time to waste. I'll rather use my time for something more productive than this

(1) (Reply)

To All Romancelanders (A Matter Of Urgency) / Graphic Photo Of Injury Guy Got After Eating Lady's Butt For The First Time / (photos) See How Our Ancestors Were Brutally maltreated By The White Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.