Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:20 AM

The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah (1550 Views)

The Conditions Of A Guardian (wali) In A Nikkah Ceremony / Your Idea Of An Ideal Nikkah / An-Nikkah: Those Who Did, Those Who Didnt, those with date(Jarus) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
The prophet SAW has said that the most best of mahrs is the simplest; in our societies today, nevertheless, we find brides or their families asking for exorbitant mahr from the would be husbands. Sometimes, this makes some Muslim men scared of marriage in many places.
What is the most expensive mahr you've ever witnessed at a nikkah, and how can the issue of mahr be managed amongst Muslims wanting to get married?
Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by Empiree: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
haemi: The prophet SAW has said that the most best of mahrs is the simplest; in our societies today, nevertheless, we find brides or their families asking for exorbitant mahr from the would be husbands. Sometimes, this makes some Muslim men scared of marriage in many places.
What is the most expensive mahr you've ever witnessed at a nikkah, and how can the issue of mahr be managed amongst Muslims wanting to get married?

Greed Greed Greed!!! that's what it is. This is why muslim youth(boys or grooms to be) are wandering. That's unnecessary burden right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJQxliwKyG4

2 Likes

Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by dragnet: 12:38am On Aug 30, 2014
wetin concern me and mahr? my own na to chop rice n comot!
Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by busar(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2014
dragnet: wetin concern me and mahr? my own na to chop rice n comot!
hehehe.....
Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by vedaxcool(m): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2014
I think 50, 000. I once heard a Nigerian ambassador to Iran saying Mahr in Iran is one of the highest.

But I think though, Mahr is the smallest of concern, the cost of organising a marriage can be very prohibitive.
Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 30, 2014
vedaxcool: I think 50, 000. I once heard a Nigerian ambassador to Iran saying Mahr in Iran is one of the highest.

But I think though, Mahr is the smallest of concern, the cost of organising a marriage can be very prohibitive.
That's true. Most times though, when the nikkah is about to take place, different 'special advisers' start cropping up regarding her mahr; " let your mahr be hajj"; " let your mahr be a newly built house".... when you now add the cost of organizing the marriage to it all, the groom to be might start having high blood pressure all of a sudden.
Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2014
Empiree:

Greed Greed Greed!!! that's what it is. This is why muslim youth(boys or grooms to be) are wandering. That's unnecessary burden right there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJQxliwKyG4
Sometimes the Muslim grooms to be do not also have the knowledge of how an ideal nikkah should be like. For instance, When a brother that's about to get married does not even know that the Introduction of both families to themselves done before nikkah is not meant to be a big party thing, he starts from there, incurring for himself, unnecessary expenses. Knowledge is important for both sides involved.

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by zemaye: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2014
vedaxcool: I think 50, 000. I once heard a Nigerian ambassador to Iran saying Mahr in Iran is one of the highest.

^^^ my thought exactly undecided
Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by TheBigUrban2: 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
haemi: The prophet SAW has said that the most best of mahrs is the simplest; in our societies today, nevertheless, we find brides or their families asking for exorbitant mahr from the would be husbands. Sometimes, this makes some Muslim men scared of marriage in many places.

hehe....the prophet had over 10 wives....of course his marh would be simple

1 Like

Re: The Most Expensive Mahr You Have Ever Witnessed At A Nikkah by golpen(m): 8:44am On Aug 31, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

hehe....the prophet had over 10 wives....of course his marh would be simple

o ga ju! grin

see obsession! dont derail the thread pls.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Imaad Schools Lekki - A Top Muslim British School In Lagos / In The Name Of Religion Women Herded And Tied Like Camels / Signs To Show That The 'the End Of The WORLD Is Near'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.