Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:30 AM

Is Marvel Loosing It's Creativity? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Is Marvel Loosing It's Creativity? (558 Views)

Is MARVEL Better Than DC / Marvel Cinematic Universe / Thor Will Now Officially Be a Woman in Marvel Comics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Marvel Loosing It's Creativity? by whatstheFUZZ(m): 8:41am On Aug 30, 2014

I should be asleep right now, but mind just keeps going back and forth on recent Superhero movies i have seen. There's so much artistic and computer generated ideas embedded in this movies that i sometimes find my brain absorbing the visual information from each new entry in Hollywood’s format of choice, processing it through senses, cataloging it in memory banks, and more often than not, hitting the mental equivalent of the “spinning pinwheel of death.”

Now don't get me wrong, the problem is not with the comic books or the story line they deliver. The problem is sameness... particularly with Marvel movies. When i watch their movies...no matter how fantastic they seem, there's always this visual deja vu.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier marks the ninth film in Marvel’s self-contained Cinematic Universe and the beginning of a glut of 2014 comic book movies, including The Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Between Disney, Fox, and Sony, Marvel properties claim release calendar dates through 2018. That’s not including TV shows, Marvel’s Netflix mini-series, and whatever Warner Bros. is cooking with for its own DC superheros. If you are a villain and you thought there were too many superpowered crime fighters now… well, you’re doomed.

I would categorize myself as the kid who grew up on comics, cartoons, lost his mind over the ’90s Batman movies, was first in line for X-Men and still defends Superman Returns. I fall hook, line, and sinker for each new superhero movie, even when the buzz is deafening.

So why are these movies that I’m wired to enjoy on some level leaving me nauseous and fuzzy?

The realization first hit me when i saw the trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past that gave audiences their first glimpse of director Bryan Singer’s futuristic Sentinel robot. An explosive money shot sent my brain racing backwards in time. I saw this image before. But where….

Read the rest via this link http://whatsfuzzing.com/2014/08/is-marvel-loosing-its-creativity/
Join our BBM Channel C00388401

(1) (Reply)

Enterpreneurship In Entertainment / Should Parents Charge Their Grownup Children Rent To Live At Home? / Nollywood Stars Unveil Films At Abuja Film Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.