Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:15 AM

Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood (1376 Views)

List Of New Yoruba Movies To Be Released On Monday 26th, September 2011 / Ghana Movies Vs Nigeria Movies. What Do You Think? / Best Yoruba Movies Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by cbrass(m): 11:50am On Aug 30, 2014
Some one said it was yoruba movies and I didn't agree with him though he gave some reasons, so what's your onw take, who do you think sells more
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by zoeee(f): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2014
Yoruba movies...
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by cbrass(m): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2014
zoeee: Yoruba movies...

Hmm I thought as much to first see comments from ladies gringrin but I don't think I will agree with you sha
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
Yoruba movies are nollywood movies, what are you asking here exactly?
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by cbrass(m): 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
speedyboi: Yoruba movies are nollywood movies, what are you asking here exactly?

I think nollwood doesn't recognise or absorb yoruba movies to their mist hence the yoruba guys have their own group
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by londoner: 5:42pm On Sep 01, 2014
Nollywood has moved beyond selling through discs....so, if we are talking about VCD's then it would be Yoruba movies I guess, if people usually buy a disc to watch them.
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by DaVinChiSam(m): 5:03am On Sep 02, 2014
Lol... funny question and even funnier answers... SMH

Yoruba movies... means it's sold to only people that understand the language... that alone restricts it... now imagine the whole of english speaking nigeria, even including Yoruba tribe... which do you think they'd patronize?

Abeg make una leave me I no get strength to speak big grammar this hearly moring....
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by cbrass(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2014
DaVinChiSam: Lol... funny question and even funnier answers... SMH

Yoruba movies... means it's sold to only people that understand the language... that alone restricts it... now imagine the whole of english speaking nigeria, even including Yoruba tribe... which do you think they'd patronize?

Abeg make una leave me I no get strength to speak big grammar this hearly moring....

I thought you were going to give us something better with your initial gragra but alas u failed, even based on your ascertions you still failed. maybe its only Lagos that may buy nollwood movies but as for yoruba states outside Lagos..don't even try it cos I have been to many states in the southwest, before you see a video shop that sells or rent nollywood movies take a lot and severe searching
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by DaVinChiSam(m): 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2014
cbrass:

I thought you were going to give us something better with your initial gragra but alas u failed, even based on your ascertions you still failed. maybe its only Lagos that may buy nollwood movies but as for yoruba states outside Lagos..don't even try it cos I have been to many states in the southwest, before you see a video shop that sells or rent nollywood movies take a lot and severe searching

Lol... What better thing were you expecting me to give you? Do I have to break it down to dummy language before you understand? Its just like saying because people in the west Love Amala there for it sells more than Garri that is. Consumed in all parts of the country and even outside.

By the way except you are talking about the forests in those places you been to I'm pretty sure English movies are sold all over the country even in the southwest.

Cheers
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by omar22(m): 2:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
They are both hideous the Yoruba movies sells more because they are in mass production, the cost of making them is very low, the English speaking wing of Nollywood have ironed out some "head-scratching" moments you still find in Yoruba movies like someone dying from a car crash that rolled at 2mph into a grass or a gun shot that that sounds like a tray and spoon connecting together
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by cbrass(m): 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
omar22: They are both hideous the Yoruba movies sells more because they are in mass production, the cost of making them is very low, the English speaking wing of Nollywood have ironed out some "head-scratching" moments you still find in Yoruba movies like someone dying from a car crash that rolled at 2mph into a grass or a gun shot that that sounds like a tray and spoon connecting together

Hmm you are totaly wrong that English movies have better movies because they spend more, do you know the cost of the film "jenifer". Do you know how much it cost to produce an epic yoruba movie?
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by SHOT(m): 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
1. Yoruba movie industry is a subset of Nollywood
2. Nollywood as you know it has evolved and we now have the old nollywood and the new nollywood
3. The yoruba movie industry still belongs to the old nollywood
4. The old Nollywood has been on a free fall for a while, and chances of a recovery is less than 30%
5. The New Nollywood is the future

back to the question.
i believe the comparison should be location based. in lagos and the south west, yoruba films sell more. In all other regions, English movies sell more

1 Like

Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by cbrass(m): 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
@shot thanks a lot for your contribution
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by yinkard4me(m): 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
cbrass: @shot thanks a lot for your contribution
Yoruba movies Vs Nollywood? Na wao. Lemme help u understand urself sha. Dis is ow ur question sounds, Yoruba tribe Vs Nigeria. Does dat make any sense to u?
Re: Who Sells More Yoruba Movies VS Nollwood by cbrass(m): 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
yinkard4me:
Yoruba movies Vs Nollywood? Na wao. Lemme help u understand urself sha. Dis is ow ur question sounds, Yoruba tribe Vs Nigeria. Does dat make any sense to u?

it doesnt translate that way you are trying to see it

(1) (Reply)

Your Favorite Movie Of 2015 So Far / 30 Movies To Watch Out For In 2017 / A Tribe Called Judah: More Than Just A Heist -A Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.