Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? (3777 Views)

How to Compress a 1GB File to 10MB Easily / How To Compress Video Files / Tried To Compress My HDD, Now It Won't Boot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Curiousmind(m): 6:41am On Aug 31, 2014
Hi, my mini hp windows 7 laptop always hang when opening large file. So I would like to know which software can compress 1GB large file (ms word, pdf, corel draw) to 1MB in windows 7 mini hp laptop? Thank you
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by obosirow: 7:22am On Aug 31, 2014
KGB Archiver2.0.0.2

Some compression tools like Seven Zip, WinZip or even WinRAR are able to effectively reduce the size of archives by a considerable amount, however nothing comes close to the power and versatility of KGB Archiver. KGB Archiver can turn your large files into something much smaller by compressing them into KGB's own compression format, with further support for creating ZIP files with similar compression ratios.

KGB offers you the ability to choose which compression rate you'd like to use for making files smaller; you can choose from between minimum compression rate to a maximum compression rate and turn a digital photo which weighs in at 4.0MB to a compressed size of only around 1.3MB. KGB Archiver certainly isn't the fastest compressor out there, but it is by far one of the most effective at reduce filesizes.

There are some pitfalls of using this archiver; for one, browsing archives can take a little bit longer depending on the size. Compared to Seven Zip, KGB is painstakenly slow. This application is also known for using a high amount of system resources and as such, you should only use it when you really must shrink the size of files.

As an added bonus of extremely high compression rates, KGB Archiver also supports archive encryption. You are able to set any password you'd like on the archives it creates, but don't forget that there are virtually no password crackers out there for KGB archivers, so make sure you keep your passwords in a very safe place and consider using a password manager.

KGB Archiver is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from file archivers without restrictions. KGB Archiver 2.0.0.2 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by 1stola: 7:34am On Aug 31, 2014
Curiousmind: Hi, my mini hp windows 7 laptop always hang when opening large file. So I would like to know which software can compress 1GB large file (ms word, pdf, corel draw) to 1MB in windows 7 mini hp laptop? Thank you
That ratio is too small na undecided
Why not ask for the one that can compress 100GB to 1 kb

1 Like

Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Curiousmind(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2014
It is not a must you must comment on post that you have no knowledge about.
1stola:

1 Like

Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by fingard02k(m): 8:08am On Aug 31, 2014
1stola:
i tire o my brother

2 Likes

Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Curiousmind(m): 8:09am On Aug 31, 2014
Thank you
obosirow: KGB Archiver2.0.0.2

Some compression tools like Seven Zip, WinZip or even WinRAR are able to effectively reduce the size of archives by a considerable amount, however nothing comes close to the power and versatility of KGB Archiver. KGB Archiver can turn your large files into something much smaller by compressing them into KGB's own compression format, with further support for creating ZIP files with similar compression ratios.

KGB offers you the ability to choose which compression rate you'd like to use for making files smaller; you can choose from between minimum compression rate to a maximum compression rate and turn a digital photo which weighs in at 4.0MB to a compressed size of only around 1.3MB. KGB Archiver certainly isn't the fastest compressor out there, but it is by far one of the most effective at reduce filesizes.

There are some pitfalls of using this archiver; for one, browsing archives can take a little bit longer depending on the size. Compared to Seven Zip, KGB is painstakenly slow. This application is also known for using a high amount of system resources and as such, you should only use it when you really must shrink the size of files.

As an added bonus of extremely high compression rates, KGB Archiver also supports archive encryption. You are able to set any password you'd like on the archives it creates, but don't forget that there are virtually no password crackers out there for KGB archivers, so make sure you keep your passwords in a very safe place and consider using a password manager.

KGB Archiver is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from file archivers without restrictions. KGB Archiver 2.0.0.2 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).

Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by 1stola: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2014
Curiousmind: It is not a must you must comment on post that you have no knowledge about.
I just hate dumbness.
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Curiousmind(m): 8:10am On Aug 31, 2014
Waitin tire u?
fingard02k: i tire o my brother
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Curiousmind(m): 8:18am On Aug 31, 2014
U are dumb because my question was open & clear. If u don't have an answer to questions, u stay mute & don't display ur arrogance on public forum. Abi na ur papa get nairaland? Make I nor ask question again for nairaland? See me see trouble. Smhr. I hate people dat shows off their ignorance. If my question nor make sense, how come take concern u? Abi I owe u money or u see me for ur dream?
1stola:
I just hate dumbness.

1 Like

Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by 1stola: 8:25am On Aug 31, 2014
Curiousmind: U are dumb because my question was open & clear. If u don't have an answer to questions, u stay mute & don't display ur arrogance on public forum. Abi na ur papa get nairaland? Make I nor ask question again for nairaland? See me see trouble. Smhr. I hate people dat shows off their ignorance. If my question nor make sense, how come take concern u? Abi I owe u money or u see me for ur dream?
stop bleating like a sheep
you ignorant prìck
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by fingard02k(m): 8:51am On Aug 31, 2014
Curiousmind: Waitin tire u?

your question is like looking for a Nokia 3310 that has HD camera, HD games and can also ping

happy sunday
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Curiousmind(m): 9:44am On Aug 31, 2014
Hahahahahahaha but what I am asking here is a little bit different from ur cell phone illustrations because I am not asking for a free large file compressor but the best large file compressor that I can buy. So which do u recommend? Thanks mate.
fingard02k:
your question is like looking for a Nokia 3310 that has HD camera, HD games and can also ping

happy sunday
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Curiousmind(m): 9:45am On Aug 31, 2014
Shut up !!!

1stola:
stop bleating like a sheep
you ignorant prìck
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Curiousmind(m): 10:13am On Aug 31, 2014
Kindly post KGB Archiver download link on this thread so that I can download it. Thanks in advance

obosirow: KGB Archiver2.0.0.2

Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Youngzedd(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2014
fingard02k:

happy sunday

No bi lie.

grin
Re: Which Software Can Compress 1GB File To 1MB? by Bawss1(m): 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
There is something that can reduce a 1GB file to 1MB - it's called the delete key! grin

OP nothing in this world compresses files in the ratio you've stated. That's why your question and by extension this thread verges on the ludicrous.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

[ALL SOLD!!!!] NEW LAPTOP ARRIVALS. NOVEMBER DEALS / How To Detect Hidden Cameras And Microphones / >> Avast Stop Working Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.