Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance (35511 Views)

Nigerian Dr.(PIC)Who Survived Ebola Tells Her Story-Long But Interesting Read / PHOTOS: Meet The 7-year-old Sierra Leonan Boy & Others Who Have Survived Ebola / How I Survived Ebola - Survivor Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by teeboi73: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Feet Washing, communion, positive confession,living Faith. That is EXCEEDING GRACE, STRANGE WORKS AGENDA

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Jabioro: 9:47pm On Aug 31, 2014
I really appreciated undiluted display of mr Dennis.Justina may your soul rest in peace..Now d minista n cohort,u've nt done well let b frank wt u,all u did was media buzz,4rm d beginin l knw u pple r noise maker..leaving a patient in her mess! Dat alone is enof 2 snoff out life..GOD will surely judge u wt 1.9b u collect'd on bhalf of Ebola patient.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy: So you're saying you could have walked into that isolation ward to clean up your fiancee's poo?

For a lady I put in the family way, her pitiable conditions and the sacrifices she had put all the while, I will be so moved emotionally that I will garb in that Ebola suit and clean her up. Even though she knows she will die, I will want her to die with a smile on her face knowing I was there for her.

But without the suit, I won't dare Ebola.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Tinyemeka(m): 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
Justina would not have died if she hadn't just been abandoned in that "isolation" facility by the health workers.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Reference(m): 10:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy:

There was panic in the air when the ebola news broke.
*when she came and said she nursed one,a normal person would have flipped.
But he was cool.
*When she started showing symptoms and he became suspicious,he didn't run to avoid getting infected with the the virus.
*When she lay dying and he was still fit and about,he didn't shy away from her when it was obvious the hospital wasn't doing their best.
*He was doing this even when his own status hadn't been confirmed. A normal person would have stayed away just to preserve what little chance they had at escaping the disease in case they hadn't already got infected

I disagree with you completely. And will continue to dispute many other similar responses. All the points higlighted are borne out of sentiment and go against common sense and statutory instructions on how and what to do in cases of suspected or proven exposure. Sentiment brought this virus to Nigeria. Sentiment has spread it as far as Portharcourt today. Whether we like it or not, this is not a disease to approach in any way no matter your feelings for the afflicted. It simply cannot be handled without the best PPE. If you are not properly trained and equiped you are just going to kill yourself and possibly infect yet more in the process.

Once a suspicion is raised get in touch with the authorities immediately. Do not attempt to administer any care whatsoever. You will only worsen the situation.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by crunchyg: 10:21pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy:

There was panic in the air when the ebola news broke.
*when she came and said she nursed one,a normal person would have flipped.
But he was cool.
*When she started showing symptoms and he became suspicious,he didn't run to avoid getting infected with the the virus.
*When she lay dying and he was still fit and about,he didn't shy away from her when it was obvious the hospital wasn't doing their best.
*He was doing this even when his own status hadn't been confirmed. A normal person would have stayed away just to preserve what little chance they had at escaping the disease in case they hadn't already got infected

Cococandy I love you so much for all these your comment here, you really sound like someone with a good heart and I really like that. Your type are rare this days
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by tammyboy1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 31, 2014
Late Patrick sawyer the EVE of Nigeria,we'l neva forget yhu,
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by cococandy(f): 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
crunchyg:

Cococandy I love you so much for all these your comment here, you really sound like someone with a good heart and I really like that. Your type are rare this days
Thank you smiley
Reference:
I disagree with you completely. And will continue to dispute many other similar responses. All the points higlighted are borne out of sentiment and go against common sense and statutory instructions on how and what to do in cases of suspected or proven exposure. Sentiment brought this virus to Nigeria. Sentiment has spread it as far as Portharcourt today. Whether we like it or not, this is not a disease to approach in any way no matter your feelings for the afflicted. It simply cannot be handled without the best PPE. If you are not properly trained and equiped you are just going to kill yourself and possibly infect yet more in the process.
Once a suspicion is raised get in touch with the authorities immediately. Do not attempt to administer any care whatsoever. You will only worsen the situation.

You're right. I do not disagree with you.

Still one can't rule out the human factor. Especially when it's a loved one involved.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by 3kay945(m): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2014
Sad story but kudos to Dennis
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by eben28(m): 10:43pm On Aug 31, 2014
I shed tears upon reading this piece.
No one really knows about tomorrow except the almighty God.
It's painful.

For those of you railing about such care rendered by the fiance to his fiancee, you simply don't understand what genuine love is.

...it's so painful

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by gidjah(m): 10:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
THIS BROTHER MUST BE A WINNER BY CHURCH MEMBERSHIP LIVING FAITH 4LIFE BRO !,EXCEEDING GRACE!
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by JEITO: 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2014
She was reluctant to go to work on the first day she was expected to resume on account of ‘morning sickness’ (pregnancy symptoms) and he encouraged her.

She did! Lo and behold, her first duty and first patient to nurse on her first day at work was the late Patrick Sawyer, the Liberian-American, who brought the deadly Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) to Nigeria. And that decision put a full stop to the lofty dreams of a promising family. Welcome [/quote] na wa o! Make God no let us see this kind badluck o..

Goodluck Nigeria
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by eaglechild: 11:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
This is a touching story.

However, I am afraid to swallow every story I hear from our media houses hook, line and sinker, knowing what I do now.
They have distorted a lot of facts in the past about Ebola.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by crunchyg: 11:11pm On Aug 31, 2014
cococandy:
Thank you

U ar welcome, I hope it won't be bad if we get to know ourselves better??
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by cococandy(f): 11:14pm On Aug 31, 2014
Lol.
Ourselves? As in you and me?
Ok
What do want to know about me?
crunchyg:

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by mecussey(m): 11:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Dygeasy: I just sat back now and asked myself, Would I have done this if I were the man? Could I have done the same?

I'm still sitting back and I haven't been able to answer the question.

About the first man I'd be acknowledging a fellow man as amazing.

Dennis is amazing. I respect him.

I also asked myself the same question...this is what I call love. Some fake girls/boys will keep telling you they love you because, they are getting something from you until the test of time comes. I respect the guy and his faith eventually saved him.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by stagger: 12:02am On Sep 01, 2014
May God punish Onyebuchi Chukwu and his descendants if that N1.9billion is not spent improving that isolation facility and taking care of the Ebola patients. May he die a very painful death if a dime of that money enters his pockets. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by solidman59(m): 12:48am On Sep 01, 2014
The most painful part is that these damned politicians don't care @ all but I'm happy that death doesn't care too. And wen it comes, u don't go with your money. Dennis is a man.
damiso: Wow such selflessness.. God bless him and grant him succour.Really really touching and sad story see how this Patrick Sawyer man just used his own to affect such promising lives embarassed This ebola thing is so sad embarassed

The state of healthcare in Nigeria is just saaad just too sad.I try not to paint Nigeria in a bad light or say things like 'Nigeria is finished' etc but the horror stories I have heard and witnessed before even my own father's death is just too pathetic for a country with such huge resources.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by anonimi: 1:44am On Sep 01, 2014
otokx:

I did not vote for PDP, according to Wole Soyinka, how can you vote PDP and go back to switch on your generators at home?

But is it ok to have voted ACN, ANPP, CPC,etc governors and go back to drink water from the borehole in your compound that may contain traces of sh'it in your soakaway pit because they did not provide TAP water
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Opiosko: 3:05am On Sep 01, 2014
stagger: May God punish Onyebuchi Chukwu and his descendants if that N1.9billion is not spent improving that isolation facility and taking care of the Ebola patients. May he die a very painful death if a dime of that money enters his pockets. angry angry
Street thug mentality. Is this the best way u know to express ur anger?

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 3:37am On Sep 01, 2014
Reading some comments here really got me thinking about the kind of society we have in this country. We are quick in condemning the health workers for not doing enough for the late nurse (may her gentle soul rest in peace), but fail to ask what the society or government has done especially to the families of these same health workers who lost their lives due to the ebola virus disease.
Let me use this simple analogy. How well do we think the owner of Nairaland will function to optimal capacity without access to a computer despite his skills in programming? I am not surprised to see the kind of problems we have in this country since we have failed to channelled the appropriate questions to the right persons or authority.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:14am On Sep 01, 2014
Premarital sex is wrong. Don't do it.
The Word of God may not favour your emotions. But the Word of God does not change.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 01, 2014
This touching story should teach materialistic ladies who are hell bent on marrying well established men, not to prioritise or prefer riches over true love!
When troubles come, wld he stick by u?
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by MrT2011(m): 7:00am On Sep 01, 2014
SeaGold:

You are pretty and intelligent and I admire that. You would have made a good lawyer.

Now let run the Usual circusgrin

The man and his late Fiancee are probably live in lovers. Since the late woman is pregnant which is obvious, he was actually taking care of her every needs. Probably the eat together, bath together and he even made love to her...a preggy woman needs it abi?

The report stated that Patrick Sawyer was confirmed of dying of Ebola after 3 days. So it was just a normal thingy that a patient died in a hospital the wife attended to. they still carried on with their matrimonial activities. It was after Sawyer death that the Ebola disease was well pronounced that he did his own research. After the research, he was quite convince that his "wife" and possibly him has also contracted the Virus owing to his responsibility to her. When the wife was fully pronounced to come down with the virus, he continues with the caring knowing fully well he is also a victim which he alluded. But when his result came back negative, he ran and started seeing the women through the windowgrin

I bet you the last time he saw his dying woman and offer to clean her up, he must have been dressed up with the Ebola suit from health officials. That guy only performed his responsibility towards the Fiancee because he was oblivious of the impending threat.

*sorry for my typing, I dey whack rice*grin

I pity your poor soul.

People around you are in serious danger!

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Joel3(m): 7:31am On Sep 01, 2014
SeaGold:

For a lady I put in the family way, her pitiable conditions and the sacrifices she had put all the while, I will be so moved emotionally that I will garb in that Ebola suit and clean her up. Even though she knows she will die, I will want her to die with a smile on her face knowing I was there for her.

But without the suit, I won't dare Ebola.

Don't tell me you don't know the movie character played by this guy? He is a one of a kind that never see anything good or praising for any body. He always sees loopholes in everything that attract a worthy of praises by people.

I know his kind and character, even when he sees super man flying. Still he says its falling by trick flying.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Joel3(m): 7:33am On Sep 01, 2014
crunchyg:

Haha I de feel you guy.

But sorry to see this. Well not from my mouth.

Non of my business
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by chiogoezubem(f): 7:49am On Sep 01, 2014
I can't stop crying! What pain and frustration she must have gone through! With the decaying fetus in her womb and the effect of the Ebola eating up her inside. May her soul rest in peace.

Government should please utilize the money they were given by the WHO in setting up the facilities necessary in combating this virus. This shouldn't be the usual Naija thing where corruption takes charge.

I have doctor friends who are afraid to go to work; Some want to close their hospitals for the mean time, nurses don't go to work anymore in their uniforms because no taxi would drop them, and worst still patients don't go to get treated of even an ordinary injury or ailment because they think Ebola is waiting.

Reading news of Ebola cases and the hopelessness depicted in these worse-hit countries, one would do nothing else but pray that Nigeria wakes up from its slumber regarding Ebola.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Did it not occur to you that those vehicles could be for easy mobility of the public health workers who are conducting routine surveillance on the primary and secondary contacts?

Don't you know that effective mobility of health workers like the epidemiologists and other public health experts will help in preventing a possible epidemic and save the lives of those who begin to manifest the symptoms (ebola patient's chances of survival is greatly increased if they are quickly identified and transported to the health facility)?

Did you make any inquiries and research to know what those cars will be used for?

And who said the cars are bullet proofed?

Please let's be more constructive in our criticisms and pessimism.

Regards.
The N1.9billion approved by the president was for the federal ministry of health. It is not for Ebola fund. It will be used to procure more vehicles for working which have been ordered. It would be used to procure more drugs that have been ordered…and other items........................Health Minister Chukwu.

From the Health Minister's statement, he has clearly diverted the fund for his own business. President GEJ is as corrupt as the Health Minister because that statement above is enough to get the health minister sacked.

As long as the HEALTH minister stays, he stands as a proof of President GEJ's support of corruption.

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by ogene007: 8:45am On Sep 01, 2014
I'm so so annoyed with this whole Justina saga. What a loveless world. I just want all those so-called medical people who watched Justina die even when they could have saved her that they will not live forever. The day of reckoning will come when they will all answer for all their actions and in-actions. May Justina's soul rest in peace.My heart goes out to her fiance and her family. We feel your grief.May the Lord God Almighty comfort us all.
Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by mamarika: 9:55am On Sep 01, 2014
You would have been making so much sense if the authorities will have anything good to offer,but unfortunately they don't, that's if they even pick their calls (speaking from experience) otherwise u would have been soooooooo right.God help this country.
Reference:

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 01, 2014
cococandy: Lol.
Ourselves? As in you and me?
Ok
What do want to know about me?
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance by Nobody: 10:25am On Sep 01, 2014
MrT2011:

I pity your poor soul.

People around you are in serious danger!

Really? grin

I opened your profile, read the last 10 posts of yours and burst out laughing. You are the one that need PITY.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Doctors Want To Amputate My Mum's Leg. Advice Needed / Baby With Deformity In Aba, Abia Dies 30 Minutes After Birth / Isaac Brown, Feels No Pain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.