Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,222 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:37 PM

Ashya King: Missing Boy With Brain Tumour Found In Spain - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ashya King: Missing Boy With Brain Tumour Found In Spain (564 Views)

Boy With Giant Hand Found Begging On Lagos Street (Graphic Photos) / N4 Million SOS Appeal For A Child Diagnosed With Brain Tumor / 14-yr-old Indian Boy With Progeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ashya King: Missing Boy With Brain Tumour Found In Spain by kellyjoesteve: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2014
A five-year-old boy with a brain tumour whose parents removed him from hospital against medical advice has been found.
Ashya King was found in Spain where his parents were arrested and are being questioned, Hampshire Police confirmed.
They said Ashya showed no visible signs of distress and was taken to hospital.
Brett and Naghemeh King took Ashya from hospital in Southampton on Thursday. In a video posted on YouTube, Mr King said they took him to seek a cancer treatment not available on the NHS.
He said the five-year-old was doing well and while there had been “a lot of talk” about a machine used to feed him, Mr King indicated it was operating normally.
It is not yet clear when the video, which shows Mr King sitting on a bed with Ashya, was recorded.
The family had been last seen boarding a ferry to France.
In a press conference, Hampshire Assistant Chief Constable Chris Shead said Ashya and his parents were located near Malaga.
“We don’t have many details on Ashya’s condition at this point in time, but what we do know is he was showing no visible signs of distress,” Mr Shead said.
He confirmed Mr and Mrs King were arrested and taken to a police station.
“There are no winners in this situation,” he said.
“We’ve said all along this must be a terribly distressing time for Ashya’s family and I stand by that now. I think it’s been a dreadful period for them.”
A team of Hampshire Police officers are to travel to Spain on Sunday to continue the investigation.
But Mr Shead said it was too early to say when Ashya would return to the UK, but Southampton General Hospital has been contacted so it can liaise with doctors taking care of him at the main children’s hospital in Malaga

(1) (Reply)

Year Ovation Every Step Of The Way / Health Benefits Of Noni Juice / I Feel Special Knowing I Was Born At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.