Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / . (1281 Views)

What To Do About Short Stories...... / My Short Stories / Who Won Dipo Tepede N33,000 For Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by sleemoon(m): 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Re: . by sleemoon(m): 8:22pm On Aug 31, 2014
Re: . by sleemoon(m): 11:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
Re: . by sleemoon(m): 8:24am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: . by sleemoon(m): 11:03am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: . by sleemoon(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: . by sleemoon(m): 10:27pm On Sep 01, 2014
Re: . by sleemoon(m): 6:48am On Sep 02, 2014
Re: . by ruthobaz(f): 9:01am On Sep 02, 2014
You've got a nice story going on here,sir.

1 Like

Re: . by sleemoon(m): 9:09am On Sep 02, 2014
ruthobaz: You've got a nice story going on here,sir.
Re: . by Franasoan(f): 10:12am On Sep 02, 2014
Nice story,,keep it up
Re: . by gmcb: 11:13am On Sep 02, 2014
hey you sleemoon, just stop this now. how dare you take credit for someone's work. This story you have here is Fisayo Talabi's work from her blog. Am an ardent follower of her blog. This is really silly and unethical.

http://olufisayotalabi..com.es/2014/08/spoken-for-11-finale.html?m=1

That's the blog above for those applauding this silly writer.

1 Like

Re: . by sleemoon(m): 11:21am On Sep 02, 2014
gmcb: hey you sleemoon, just stop this now. how dare you take credit for someone's work. This story you have here is Fisayo Talabi's work from her blog. Am an ardent follower of her blog. This is really silly and unethical.

http://olufisayotalabi..com.es/2014/08/spoken-for-11-finale.html?m=1

That's the blog above for those applauding this silly writer.
Re: . by gmcb: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2014
She could ask for it to be shared. But to avoid being accused for plagiarism, the source should be acknowledged. Afterall I also got to know about her blog through a friend who shared it on Facebook but the original link was included.
You don't own the appreciation being given you here.

1 Like

Re: . by sleemoon(m): 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
gmcb: She could ask for it to be shared. But to avoid being accused for plagiarism, the source should be acknowledged. Afterall I also got to know about her blog through a friend who shared it on Facebook but the original link was included.
You don't own the appreciation being given you here.

1 Like

Re: . by KunleDavis: 1:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
Dear Sleemoon, it is with great restraint I am writing this and to remain civil with you. Your argument in defense of what you've done holds no water. Her asking her fans (which includes me) to share presupposes the acknowledgement of that young lady as the source. As a matter of fact you were credited with someone saying "YOU've got a nice story going on here sir" to which you replied "Thanks!!! Really appreciate". Not only is this unethical, it reveals who you truly are, AN IMPERSONATOR! It is people like you that feed on the labour of others and stifle their talents. I believe you owe FISAYO TALABI, her blog and her fans an apology. by the way I think 'SLY-MAN' suits you more.

1 Like

Re: . by sleemoon(m): 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
KunleDavis: Dear Sleemoon, it is with great restraint I am writing this and to remain civil with you. Your argument in defense of what you've done holds no water. Her asking her fans (which includes me) to share presupposes the acknowledgement of that young lady as the source. As a matter of fact you were credited with someone saying "YOU've got a nice story going on here sir" to which you replied "Thanks!!! Really appreciate". Not only is this unethical, it reveals who you truly are, AN IMPERSONATOR! It is people like you that feed on the labour of others and stifle their talents. I believe you owe FISAYO TALABI, her blog and her fans an apology. by the way I think 'SLY-MAN' suits you more.

1 Like

Re: . by cybernd: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2014
It is very important that Nairaland does not encourage copyright infringement. How does someone copy a story from a writer's blog and paste in another site and when confronted with the issue, he claims he was going to acknowledge the original writer later after publishing the stories. Who does that.

Copyright infringement occurs where a person publishes a work of another without express authorisation from the original owner of the work. the fact that the owner encouraged you to share the story simply meant that she encouraged you to share the link to her blog so that people could easily click the link and read the story from her blog and not Nairaland. The idea of copying and pasting an entire story from the original blog into nairaland is the height of copyright infringement and ought not to be encouraged.

1 Like

Re: . by gmcb: 1:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
sleemoon:
Moreover I wasn't even tru wif d story... I planned on including d link nd d author after I post d finale.... Nigerians always jumping to conclusion...

Hey young man, you don't want to know the gravity of the offense of plagiarism. 'I planned on including d link nd d author after I post d finale.... ' is an unacceptable excuse before the law. If truly you had the intention of acknowledging her, you would have done that when the first person gave credit to you as a good writer.

Eh boy don't do that again, it's wrong!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: . by sleemoon(m): 1:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
gmcb:

Hey young man, you don't want to know the gravity of the offense of plagiarism. 'I wanted to.....' is an unacceptable excuse before the law. If truly you had the intention of acknowledging her, you would have done that when the first person gave credit to you as a good writer.
Eh boy don't do that again, it's wrong!!!!!

1 Like

Re: . by sleemoon(m): 1:32pm On Sep 02, 2014
cybernd: It is very important that Nairaland does not encourage copyright infringement. How does someone copy a story from a writer's blog and paste in another site and when confronted with the issue, he claims he was going to acknowledge the original writer later after publishing the stories. Who does that.

Copyright infringement occurs where a person publishes a work of another without express authorisation from the original owner of the work. the fact that the owner encouraged you to share the story simply meant that she encouraged you to share the link to her blog so that people could easily click the link and read the story from her blog and not Nairaland. The idea of copying and pasting an entire story from the original blog into nairaland is the height of copyright infringement and ought not to be encouraged.

Re: . by KunleDavis: 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2014
What we want you to do is to apologise to all those you've led astray and apologise to FISAYO TALABI and her fans here on Nairaland...same as on her blog.

1 Like

Re: . by sleemoon(m): 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
KunleDavis: What we want you to do is to apologise to all those you've led astray and apologise to FISAYO TALABI and her fans here on Nairaland...same as on her blog.
Av apologised already... Buh u guys want me to kneel down nd beg... So av edited all d post nd m unfollowing d thread... U can continue where I stop... Thanks... And for d record... EPele

(1) (Reply)

Frozen Love.... / I Need A Story Editor Or A Movie Script Writer / Short Stories..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.